GDT: Trades & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Byfield would be another good target from LA. Not sure if LA would be interested in something like this but Marner + Jarnkrok for Clarke, Byfield, and Moore.
Lol nobody essentially la and teams are moving young C's and young top Dman for a Winger, especially one with 1 year left and one trick pony. Lower your expectations

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Laurent Brossoit might be one of my top goalie targets in the offseason. Solid backup numbers the last couple of years. Big goalie that could give some support for Woll but also not impede Hildeby from getting a chance next season.

Reactions: Gallagbi

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Brandt Clarke is awesome. Dubois woud be a good move I think but worried about his attitude. We definitley need a 2C and a 1D. Clarke could become a 1D pretty quickly.
Clarke is Kings future 1d and he is more needed by LA then Marner and his huge salary.
Kings already have Kempe and Fiala, who may be not as good as Marner, but very good as well.
LA need to improve their goalies, defense and physicality.
Marner is none of those.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
McCabe has that dawg in him. I love the crazy look in his eyes.
He need to be re-signed and July 1st is the first opportunity to do so.

He's been one of the best additions to this team in a long time. I do worry about his extension cap hit but I do think the Leafs should 100% give him a few more years. He's exactly what people want in our D -- he plays physical, he's tough as nails, pretty solid defensively and can make plays. He's a very good mid pair defender.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
He's been one of the best additions to this team in a long time. I do worry about his extension cap hit but I do think the Leafs should 100% give him a few more years. He's exactly what people want in our D -- he plays physical, he's tough as nails, pretty solid defensively and can make plays. He's a very good mid pair defender.
I said at the time (and many times since) that that trade was just an incredible piece of business. It makes the Foligno/O'Rielly rentals harder to stomach in comparison.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Clarke is Kings future 1d and he is more needed by LA then Marner and his huge salary.
Kings already have Kempe and Fiala, who may be not as good as Marner, but very good as well.
LA need to improve their goalies, defense and physicality.
Marner is none of those.
I won't say Clarke would be involved, but I've watched some of your series vs. Edmonton; you don't need more physicality or defense.

Quite the opposite, which Marner would provide.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I said at the time (and many times since) that that trade was just an incredible piece of business. It makes the Foligno/O'Rielly rentals harder to stomach in comparison.
I mean, If giving up a first-round pick for a 4/5 defenseman is an "incredible piece of business," then deary me. We've let the standard for our GMs slide way too far.

Good dude , a pretty good player, but that's laying it on a bit thick.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
McMann
McCabe

There's just one more Mc to add to the collection. The best one of all.....

That's right, Connor.......McMichael

We also have Connor Dewar and Conor Timmins...

Maybe we can complete the Connor Mc- collection with McMichael

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
#1 Priority July 1st signing: Jake McCabe.
Add Domi and Bert too

He is the lone survivor from all the new guys that were bought in last season.
In a way, he is like Rambo and he plays like Rambo.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
We also have Connor Dewar and Conor Timmins...

Maybe we can complete with Connor Mc- collection with McMichael
I'm all for having confusing names on the team

Frazer McClaren and Mark Fraser
Rielly and O'Reilly

Love that the Isles vs canes have two Sebastian Aho's. The loser should have to change his name

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I mean, If giving up a first-round pick for a 4/5 defenseman is an "incredible piece of business," then deary me. We've let the standard for our GMs slide way too far.

Good dude , a pretty good player, but that's laying it on a bit thick.
I'd argue that he's more of a 3-4 than a 4-5. 20 minutes a night, not sheltered in any way, and the "lead" guy on his pairing.

As well, the term is the big part of it.

When second pair D rentals start at 2nd+ and often touch 1st+, getting 3 playoff runs of a guy at 2m is indeed pretty incredible relative to market.

-a rental Manson @50% go for 2nd+ Helleson (highly regarded former top 60 pick, 6'3 RHD prospect ready to turn pro)
-Kulak for a 2nd+
-Chiarot for a 1st+
2021 deadline
-Savard rental 1st+3rd (+4th for 3rd party retention)

Last edited:
Reactions: SprDaVE

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'd argue that he's more of a 3-4 than a 4-5. 20 minutes a night, not sheltered in any way, and the "lead" guy on his pairing.

As well, the term is the big part of it.

When second pair D rentals start at 2nd+ and often touch 1st+, getting 3 playoff runs of a guy at 2m is indeed pretty incredible relative to market.

-a rental Manson @50% go for 2nd+ Helleson (highly regarded former top 60 pick, 6'3 RHD prospect ready to turn pro)
-Kulak for a 2nd+
-Chiarot for a 1st+
2021 deadline
-Savard rental 1st+3rd (+4th for 3rd party retention)
On this team, he is 3-4, but that's indicative of how shallow the D core is.

Those other trades are not very good, though. Manson is the only one where I think if you took him out, that team's group would actually lose something.

Again, for me, it's too steep of a price for him. No one here would trade Cowan for McCabe, and that's the kind of player you're hoping for with the first.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
McCabe has that dawg in him. I love the crazy look in his eyes.
You mean this look? :D

1000007257.jpg

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Zadorov is having a good series for VAN. I just know Treliving cant wait to throw 5.5 at him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad