Trades & Free Agency Talk XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Oh and since you're going all caps lock with FACTS how about the FACT that in his supposed "down year" in which he "only" had 44 pts, he still scores 17g which would be the highest among any defenseman not named Brent burns in wild history(burns had 18 and 46pts his last year here)

P10p

May 15, 2012
Add in burns was 25 (iirc) when we traded him. Sure glad we got rid of him too /sarcasm

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Oh and since you're going all caps lock with FACTS how about the FACT that in his supposed "down year" in which he "only" had 44 pts, he still scores 17g which would be the highest among any defenseman not named Brent burns in wild history(burns had 18 and 46pts his last year here)
How's he doing this year?

P10p

May 15, 2012
How's he doing this year?

On pace for another double digit goal total while playing on a stinking bad Carolina team where the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring players are at 34 and 24 pts in 40+ games. Next?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
On pace for another double digit goal total while playing on a stinking bad Carolina team where the 2nd and 3rd highest scoring players are at 34 and 24 pts in 40+ games. Next?
So, his numbers are still improving then?

P10p

May 15, 2012
So, his numbers are still improving then?

His goal numbers are just about the same as they've been his whole career while his assists have dropped which can easily be explained by quality of team mates. I mean no disrespect but the 3rd highest scoring player on their team is a 37 y old justin William's.

Anything else you need me to help you with? I find it funny that of all the things to nitpick dougie about you pick his offence? :help::popcorn:

P10p

May 15, 2012
I can see that. Never thought of that tbh. Wonder if he is one of those "too big of an ego for hockey guys". I think many people have soured on him due to how soft he can play at times. I think as he becomes more of a man it will help him in that regard. Just pure conjecture though

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
His goal numbers are just about the same as they've been his whole career while his assists have dropped which can easily be explained by quality of team mates. I mean no disrespect but the 3rd highest scoring player on their team is a 37 y old justin William's.

Anything else you need me to help you with? I find it funny that of all the things to nitpick dougie about you pick his offence? :help::popcorn:
I find it funny that everything that Hamilton fails at can easily be explained by blaming his teams/teammates. That terrible Carolina team that Hamilton can't score for, only has 7 fewer goals than the Wild.

It is cute that you think you're "helping", or even making a decent argument.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I find it funny that everything that Hamilton fails at can easily be explained by blaming his teams/teammates. That terrible Carolina team that Hamilton can't score for, only has 7 fewer goals than the Wild.

It is cute that you think you're "helping", or even making a decent argument.

Yeah you're right Minnesota is such an offensive dynamo? Our main need is goal scorers what are you talking about? Your points literally haven't made any sense in any of your responses.

Its actually ludicrous that your argument to "Carolina is bad offensively" is the statement "They're right behind Minnesota" LOL thats my point? I had to come edit my post because the first little bit wasn't enough :laugh:

P10p

May 15, 2012
:facepalm: You're so lost in the discussion that you're now making my point for me.

Let me walk you through it slowly...

You: He can't score

Me: His goal total is on par for his career total, less assists can be explained by not having a team who can finish.

You: But they're only 7 goals behind Minnesota...

Me:.........

You:.......

Me:..

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
And do what on the 4th line? Neither one of them are physical players and aren't going to give any of the PK minutes. These aren't the players that are going to clear the crease in the d-zone or muck it up in the o-zone. I'd give them a shot as a bottom-6 energy wing, but want nothing to do with them at center.

COR would make sense over both of them as the 4C, and he's not a NHL quality player either.
its meant to keep him in iowa instead of put him in the 4th line role. we need to develope him not feed him 9 minutes a night hoping it pans out.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Let me walk you through it slowly...

You: He can't score

Me: His goal total is on par for his career total, less assists can be explained by not having a team who can finish.

You: But they're only 7 goals behind Minnesota...

Me:.........

You:.......

Me:..
Dougie Hamilton is on pace for 30 points this season. A 30 point Dougie Hamilton is not an asset. You keep claiming that the only reason he is on pace for 30 points is because of the team he is currently playing for. If the team he is currently playing for is similar to the Wild, would it not make sense to expect similar production if the Wild were to acquire him?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Dougie Hamilton is on pace for 30 points this season. A 30 point Dougie Hamilton is not an asset. You keep claiming that the only reason he is on pace for 30 points is because of the team he is currently playing for. If the team he is currently playing for is similar to the Wild, would it not make sense to expect similar production if the Wild were to acquire him?

You're right, bad teams shouldn't try to improve. If its broken don't fix it I think the saying goes?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Boy i'm sure Buffalo is happy they didn't acquire Jeff Skinner after his down year on Carolina.....

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You're right, bad teams shouldn't try to improve. If its broken don't fix it I think the saying goes?
This is probably exactly what Carolina said when they acquired Hamilton. Now they have a $5.75M 30 point dman that's terrible in his own end. Oh, and apparently he's so good that they're already trying to move him after half of a season.

P10p

May 15, 2012
This is probably exactly what Carolina said when they acquired Hamilton. Now they have a $5.75M 30 point dman that's terrible in his own end. Oh, and apparently he's so good that they're already trying to move him after half of a season.

Love how after 4 straight 40+ pt seasons with 1 being a 50pt season hes suddenly a 30pt defencemen after half a year.

Again, he is a great offensive producer from the back end, not sure what your fascination with being wrong is. You could have ended this discussion 10 posts ago by pointing to his defense. Yet you insist hes inept offensively which is flat out as wrong as wrong can be.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Douglas Hamilton has 8 even-strength points this season. The last two he had 27 and 33, so he's not even half as good as he was with Calgary. Notably, he no longer plays with extremely good player Mark Giordano.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Us being his 4th team before the age of 26 would make me nervous. Three teams willingly ridding themselves of him doesn't speak too highly.

Agreed; he's gone from a big market team to a Canadian team to a small market team. None of them seem to have fit him, so...

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Love how after 4 straight 40+ pt seasons with 1 being a 50pt season hes suddenly a 30pt defencemen after half a year.

Again, he is a great offensive producer from the back end, not sure what your fascination with being wrong is. You could have ended this discussion 10 posts ago by pointing to his defense. Yet you insist hes inept offensively which is flat out as wrong as wrong can be.
Quality argument.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Carolina's whole situation has actually killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the idea of overloading on RD in the hopes of trading one for scoring help.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Please point to a dman in minnesota wild history outside of Brent burns that has produced offensively as well as Dougie Hamilton. Our team is loaded with character and defense. Let's take a chance on buying low on a payer who has a chance to be something else. Especially if the main piece going back is nino. Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad