Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
If you want a top 5 pick in the draft that is called a rebuild,Bergevin is mot doing that ...otherwise why do what he did to keep Allen and why sign Savard and Hoffman.
Doesn't matter what bergy thinks, this team is more than likely taking a small step back while the young guns continue to develop. Maybe not top 5 but top 10 is a real possibility imo

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Looking at the last few blockbuster trades

Erik Karlsson got a much of players and picks
Ryan Oreilly got a bunch of players

Ottawa received forwards Chris Tierney and Rudolfs Balcers, defenseman Dylan DeMelo, the rights to unsigned forward Joshua Norris, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft or 2020 NHL Draft, a second-round pick in the 2019 draft, and two conditional draft picks.

Buffalo receives forwards Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson, a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, and a second-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

I think Jack Eichel trade will be closer to Erik Karlsson than Ryan Oreilly trade.

let’s see what is equivalent to the Karlsson trade….

Chris Tierney = I’m thinking someone like Jake Evans

R Balcers = maybe a Jessi Ylonen

Dylan DeMelo = we don’t have anyone like him

Josh Norris = we don’t have anyone like him

first round pick = yes

2nd round pick = yes

this is why I think a prospect like Alex Romanov must be part of the Eichel deal. Also a player like Jan Mysak or Ryan Poehling might also be included.

So we talking Jack Eichel and prospect for Jake Evans, Alex Romanov, Jessi Ylonen, Ryan Poehling, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick. Basically a combination of roster players and prospects.

not to mention cap space so a player like Drouin will need to be traded to Arizona.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If we lose jko, I'd be on the phone with Minny...

Rask & Dumba would be great fits.
Rask isn't a long term solution but would help the short term C depth, while Dumba would fill the big need of top 4 pmd...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If we lose jko, I'd be on the phone with Minny...

Rask & Dumba would be great fits.
Rask isn't a long term solution but would help the short term C depth, while Dumba would fill the big need of top 4 pmd...

Rask is terrible. 4M for 39 points in his 120 games with the Wild. We might as well just gamble that KK will earn his 6M at that point.

The Wild also bought out Suter so that they would be able to protect Dumba, so no chance they move him now.

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
If you want a top 5 pick in the draft that is called a rebuild,Bergevin is mot doing that ...otherwise why do what he did to keep Allen and why sign Savard and Hoffman.

the players you mention dont prevent a lottery pick/finish

they are all band aid plugs

do yout really think those players make the team more competative?

allen was here last season and was average at best, the team finished 18th OA

hoffman in tatar out

savard in weber out

lost danault, lost kk

how is that any better than the team that finished 18th?

this summer is quite possibly the worst one in MBs tenure

this is even worse than the radulov/markov exitus

Last edited:
Reactions: amethyst

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Rask is terrible. 4M for 39 points in his 120 games with the Wild. We might as well just gamble that KK will earn his 6M at that point.

The Wild also bought out Suter so that they would be able to protect Dumba, so no chance they move him now.

There was much more to that buy out than protecting any of their other assets...

Yes, Rask is not great. Taking him back would be in part to provide stop gap C depth, in part to soften the cost for Dumba for eating Rask's 4M cap hit.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There was much more to that buy out than protecting any of their other assets...

Yes, Rask is not great. Taking him back would be in part to provide stop gap C depth, in part to soften the cost for Dumba for eating Rask's 4M cap hit.
Terrible imo, I don’t want either of these players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1st pick + Ryan Poehling for Tomas Hertl, it's a good offer for him?

He's a UFA at the end of the next season. If you make a move like this and also end up being able to extend him, do you think he moves the needle for us to be a playoff team? He's a solid top 6 player and I value him but he's a piece I would consider at the deadline... if you know you have a good shot at the playoffs.

Imagine... after 12 months, we got no Danault, KK, Poehling, Hertl, and a 1st. We can not, we must not be desperate for a center. What's done is done and don't make it worse. Aside from Eichel, there is no center or PMD we can trade for that moves us into a playoff team after loosing Weber and Danault. This should be a re-set season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Terrible imo, I don’t want either of these players.

Basically we should be staying in the mix for Eichel. May or may not work. If not, just keep the youth. There is no other center that we can trade for that moves our needle into the playoffs. Accept that we have issues to deal with and just play out the year and see what happens. It's not detrimental if we don't make the playoffs this coming season.

Dvorak is a decent option for 4 years but only if the price to acquire is something we can live without.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would be on the phone with SJ - Hertl is a very good player, and if we could extend him Poehling +1st isn't close imho.

See if they prefer KK at 6.1 or the 1st/3rd as a starting point. We will need to add to that (one of Struble/Guhle?). If they prefer the 1st &3rd, we could possibly dump cap (Drouin) as part of the deal.

Hoffman-Hertl-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

I'd be happy with that top 6

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I would be on the phone with SJ - Hertl is a very good player, and if we could extend him Poehling +1st isn't close imho.

See if they prefer KK at 6.1 or the 1st/3rd as a starting point. We will need to add to that (one of Struble/Guhle?). If they prefer the 1st &3rd, we could possibly dump cap (Drouin) as part of the deal.

Hoffman-Hertl-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

If you sign KK you can’t trade him

Reactions: Habs Icing

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

Hoffman-Hertl-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

A 1st and 3rd is worth more than Poehling and a 1st??

Poehling is a 1st round pick. Plus throw a pick in? We might as well just trade all of our 1st round picks if these prospects are going to be worth less than a 1st round pick after they are chosen.

Caufield the only good 1st round pick in a decade?

I would like to target Hertl too though he would be a good add

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad