Speculation: Trade Targets

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah, moving Celebrini who will be cost controlled is non-starter IMO if Hawks win lotto

Dach and Allan IMO wouldn't be of interest to Sens. They would likely ask for

Moore + Lightning 2024 1st + Hawks 2025 1st as basis of any deal IMO even then some teams could potentially beat that (Ducks for instance if they moved Zegras+ in deal)

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, moving Celebrini who will be cost controlled is non-starter IMO if Hawks win lotto

Dach and Allan IMO wouldn't be of interest to Sens. They would likely ask for

Moore + Lightning 2024 1st + Hawks 2025 1st as basis of any deal IMO even then some teams could potentially beat that (Ducks for instance if they moved Zegras+ in deal)
Not to mention, he's a C, when Tkachuk is a W. You can find pretty damn good scoring wingers with grit all over the NHL, IMO. Legitimate top 6 Cs are much harder to come by, and the Hawks would have two, and three if Nazar sticks at C...

Your top 3 lines being Bedard, Nazar, Celebrini down the middle would be... ridiculous.

Last edited:

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Would you trade 3rd or 4th overall for Brady Tkachuk if offered?
Looking at the last few years I would say no. There's only a few players I would trade for Tkachuk at this point in the Blackhawks rebuild. He would instantly make the team better now, that's for sure but you could be shooting yourself in the foot when the window for contention opens up in a few more seasons:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 8.51.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 8.51.21 AM.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 2

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
DO NOT TRADE Celebrini for a Tkachuk brother. That'd be disastrous. 3rd or 4th oa for a Tkachuk brother is a different story. I'd be cool with trading our picks next year if we land Celebrini to go along with Bedard because after those two, all we need is depth

I would trade Cooley, Wright, and Byram for Tkachuk without hesitation. Not sure I agree with you on Raymond and Mctavish. Those guys look like slam dunk hits.
Looking at the last few years I would say no. There's only a few players I would trade for Tkachuk at this point in the Blackhawks rebuild. He would instantly make the team better now, that's for sure but you could be shooting yourself in the foot when the window for contention opens up in a few more seasons:

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Is this all just speculation or did I miss something with Brady wanting out of Ottawa?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Its just a hypothetical, although I wouldn't be shocked if there is a bit of a seat swap done in Ottawa with new ownership, etc. Not sure he'd actually request a trade but his brother did it, he's in Canada too.. Chicago would certainly be a destination he would welcome being close to STL. I would definitely chase it if he became available, but so would a lot of teams.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If Brady Tkachuk is truly available, if they don't get #1 overall I'd trade the Hawks 1st for him.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
If Brady Tkachuk is truly available, if they don't get #1 overall I'd trade the Hawks 1st for him.
Nobody is trading Celebrini for Tkachuk. Celebrinis ELC is major. Hes under team control for so much longer. When you get into bigger question marks is when things change. Im not sure the hawks are close enough yet to make that move tho.

I dont doubt that Brady would ask out at some point. Look what it did for Matthew.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think we should settle down and not true and rush too much. Brady Tkachuk is six years older than Bedard, he can fit in the timeline in the right circumstance but I wouldn't blow a huge load trying to get him (can definitely kick the tires around it for sure). Certainly if he hits UFA in four years, he's a player that could be a major UFA target then.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Good point, there's a reason the soft guys like Kessel and DeBrincat play a full 82 every year.

I'm not talking about "soft" or "hard" players.

Hypothetically if there is a Brady Tkachuk player in this draft and we don't get the 1st pick we draft that player. Having an 18 year old Brady Tkachuk in your organization is a perfect situation. But with this roster I wouldn't be trading for him.

Bangers like him don't have as long as a prime as other players do. Ask the Oilers if they would like a mulligan on the Lucic contract. The wheels tend to fall off around age 30. Tkachuk will be 25 next year.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm not talking about "soft" or "hard" players.

Hypothetically if there is a Brady Tkachuk player in this draft and we don't get the 1st pick we draft that player. Having an 18 year old Brady Tkachuk in your organization is a perfect situation. But with this roster I wouldn't be trading for him.

Bangers like him don't have as long as a prime as other players do. Ask the Oilers if they would like a mulligan on the Lucic contract. The wheels tend to fall off around age 30. Tkachuk will be 25 next year.
But that’s what I mean. The “soft” guys age better because they don’t have as much wear and tear.

Reactions: Wally1112pac

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don’t think you need Big Skill. You need mostly two way skill. I think if you fill a team out with some forecheckers with size.

Nazar is two way skill. Moore should be two way skill. Bedard is not two way skill (yet) but you can handle that when he puts up 100 points.

I wouldn’t feel like I needed Lindstrom. I’m more excited by skill that can PP/PK and produce. Why I was very excited to see Nazar out there all situation.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I'll pass on Brady Tkachuk. I'd rather bring in external high-end talent on the open market where no trade value needs to be acquired. Were still a bit too far out to make those kind of moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad