Speculation: Trade Talk V - Livin' for the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Find some way to get the right shooting Barrie and we can have a full on Kelowna reunion. :laugh:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I believe I've seen Stars people interact with him on Twitter like they might no him. I do know, unless this is a different handle trying to mimic him, he's not a rumor monger. He's more of a blogger like the DBD guys.

His name's Tony. Good guy and no not a rumor monger. I know him fairly well and have him on my Facebook. His site yes is just fans blogging, and he's been wanting me to write for him for a while now.

I'm not sure what to say about his rumor. I can't say either way, but I know he hasn't just blurted things out in the past.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
If Ruff wasn't the coach I'd want Myers as well. I just don't really like how he handled playing him. Could've been Tyler's fault, I really don't know. Either way I don't think it would be a great thing to bring him in with Ruff here.

I don't think that is actually an issue. This team has a very strong culture it seems and it i would say the gm in buffalo was putting a motley bunch of parts together rather than guys who fit a system. We are a speed skating and attach team. Myers fits that. I think we would be fine.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
His name's Tony. Good guy and no not a rumor monger. I know him fairly well and have him on my Facebook. His site yes is just fans blogging, and he's been wanting me to write for him for a while now.

I'm not sure what to say about his rumor. I can't say either way, but I know he hasn't just blurted things out in the past.

Good guy Tony.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
So we have a scout at the Columbus New Jersey game? Wonder what we would be interested in there, I guess could just be scouting ahead for the game on the 4th.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So we have a scout at the Columbus New Jersey game? Wonder what we would be interested in there, I guess could just be scouting ahead for the game on the 4th.

Fayne in the summer!

Seriously though if the game is in NJ, one of Dallas' pro scouts lives in Manhattan. I'm sure he hits those three close arenas pretty frequently.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Remember Nill said he was happy the Stars didn't have any of those types of deals. I don't think he'd go after Ehrhoff for that very reason.

Like Myers or Luke Schenn are probably more likely that Ehrhoff. Didn't Ruff say Myers was a future superstar or something like that before this season started during a radio interview?

I seem to remember that as well now that you mention it, but I believe Ruff said that during his return to Buffalo .. not before season.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Scouts at tonight's Dallas Stars-Carolina Hurricanes game: Montreal (2), St. Louis, Columbus.

Tweet from Mark ... hard to post since I'm on phone.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Columbus has popped up quite a bit scouting Dallas. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time since mid January when this started getting reported.

Jack Johnson?

Rumor last year when the new GM took over was that he wasn't a fan of Jack.

Factual story this year that Jack was pissed off at his head coach over Olympics.

Eh ... little concerning. Johnson has never been a great possession defender according to the stats. He's one of the guys that fails the advanced stats sniff test according to many people.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So since St. Louis is there, that means Shattenkirk is coming to Dallas, right? :laugh:

I'm the crazy one .... but I'm sticking too my Subban guns. I like my fantasy better than yours.

This is STL and Columbus' 3rd game to scout Dallas since Heika started reporting this on January 21st.

That's a 10 game span, 1 game had no scouts, and Heika didn't give a scout list for every game.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Fayne in the summer!

Seriously though if the game is in NJ, one of Dallas' pro scouts lives in Manhattan. I'm sure he hits those three close arenas pretty frequently.

Why not Fayne and Adam Larsson!

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not posting for Dallas POV or anything:

ick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

#RedWings #Penguins #Rangers interested in Kesler. No shortage of offers starting 2 come in for #Canucks. I'm leaning towards a trade by Wed

... hoping he's right about him getting traded. This really is starting to feel like a fun, fun deadline. Even if the Stars are quite ... hopefully not.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I'm the crazy one .... but I'm sticking too my Subban guns. I like my fantasy better than yours.

This is STL and Columbus' 3rd game to scout Dallas since Heika started reporting this on January 21st.

That's a 10 game span, 1 game had no scouts, and Heika didn't give a scout list for every game.

I don't think Subban is completely out of the question honestly, but I think Montreal would wait until the offseason to make that move.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Isn't Larsson still in the AHL? I thought he was also there before the break.

I stand corrected, thought I read that he was called up but no. Still wouldn't mind him in the offseason :naughty:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
But the problem is that most likely he wouldn't be here beyond that two years and let's face it, we won't start really competing until after those two years. So that would leave us without both when we should start competing.

Worst case scenario, Eakin turns out to be really high end 3C. But in two years, if that happens, we will be in the place that we can trade away picks and prospect for immediate help. Now is not the time IMO

I'm not sure what you mean by "really competing". As currently constructed we're in a dog fight for the last playoff spot. If we added a 1b center we would be much better off than we are now and might be solidly in 5-6th place in the West. It's really hard to say that if the team is really trending upward and competitive, and Kesler is given a large responsibility/role on the team that he would definitely be a two-year mercenary. At that point, we may have found out that Faksa is what Eakin is and are that much stronger and in a position to lose him if he indeed does hit UFA.

Like I said, I'm not talking about gutting the farm, I'm talking about pinpointing targets on other teams who can really jumpstart things here, the kind of move that puts to rest talk of "when we're actually competitive in 2-3 years" (which is kind of what we've been saying for the last 3-4 years).

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
I'm not sure what you mean by "really competing". As currently constructed we're in a dog fight for the last playoff spot. If we added a 1b center we would be much better off than we are now and might be solidly in 5-6th place in the West. It's really hard to say that if the team is really trending upward and competitive, and Kesler is given a large responsibility/role on the team that he would definitely be a two-year mercenary. At that point, we may have found out that Faksa is what Eakin is and are that much stronger and in a position to lose him if he indeed does hit UFA.

Like I said, I'm not talking about gutting the farm, I'm talking about pinpointing targets on other teams who can really jumpstart things here, the kind of move that puts to rest talk of "when we're actually competitive in 2-3 years" (which is kind of what we've been saying for the last 3-4 years).

Yeah I dont think we should be counting in years anymore really. Nobody expected us to pull off that Seguin trade and that put us ahead by miles in a matter of a day. We're not necessarily on that same slow path we were even a year ago from today. We're ahead of that curve. We can't really put a time on it because we don't know what moves are coming in the near future. If we added say Kesler, well boom we're another big jump ahead of where we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad