Speculation: Trade Talk V - Livin' for the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brand New Stars

It'd be sad if Nill didn't at least ask what it would take when it was getting into the last 30 minutes for players like Moulson and Vanek.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Seeing these returns ... I totally understand how Robidas got what he got and that Fiddler and Whitney are still here ... Yeesh.

Still wish they had opened a roster spot for Sceviour. Can't believe with how low the value was around the league they don't add a depth D. They're one injury from Rome in the lineup nightly.

MetalGodAOD*

I think you guys are spoiled from Joes activity last year. Would you really want to give up a second round pick as a bubble team for a rental winger? That's still too rich for our situation.

Primetimey*

Overall a successful day. Didn't waste any assets on UFAs, will do our best to make the playoffs which was the goal at the start of the season, and stay the course.

Anhero

Jul 2, 2013
Texas
It will be a small miracle if we make the playoffs with our 6 current D-Men. One injury and we are screwed.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think you guys are spoiled from Joes activity last year. Would you really want to give up a second round pick as a bubble team for a rental winger? That's still too rich for our situation.

Who is talking about 2nds? Knowing what we know now .... I would not have been upset about a 5th for D ... maybe even Tallinder.

Fur sure I'm glad they weren't dumping decent assets.

Primetimey*

It will be a small miracle if we make the playoffs with our 6 current D-Men. One injury and we are screwed.

Vancouver with no goalies
Winnipeg without Scheifele or much depth

This is our 8th spot to lose in my opinion.

Brand New Stars

How many years away is a 2nd rounder? 4? I just want to see playoff hockey back in Dallas.

Primetimey*

But we aren't in a position to add.. keep the 3rd round pick rather than get Meszaros.

Stay the course!!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Gillis seems like a very very very angry person.

Probably knows he's about to be fired.

I rather enjoyed listening to Leafs GM Dave Nonis boldly declare how the market was too rich for the Leafs to do anything at the deadline, mere minutes after Montreal got Vanek for a pick and a prospect. :laugh:

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Suprised Whitney hasn't been traded. Maybe all that was offered were mid round picks and we decided to keep him?

I noticed he got a bit of ice in the Buffalo game with Benn and Seguin, particularly on the PP. Maybe Ruff liked him with them and decided he'd be worth more than they could bring back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad