Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Targeting Martin Frk and Stefan Noesen for two way contracts would be great. They both had phenomenal seasons in the AHL last year and would provide some excellent organizational depth. Maybe Bowness can help add some real talent to Belleville.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yotes fan, here. Congrats on the DeBrincat trade. I noticed that it didn’t seem to put the Chychrun rumors to rest, which surprised me. Wondering what you all would be willing to give for Chychrun?

From a Coyotes perspective, I know they’re looking at a goalie prospect. So I’m sure they’d be asking for Sogaard. I think they’d be willing to accept some conditions on the ‘23 1st (maybe it slides to ‘24 if it’s a top 10 pick?). I also think they’d be willing to take on Zaitsev and/or Murray, if need be. I do think the big prize they’d really be set on is Ridly Greig. I don’t think they’d want Formenton. Not after the Mitch Miller debacle.

Would you guys do Zaitsev/Murray+Greig+Sogaard+Top10 Protected ‘23 1st (sides to ‘24)?

Maybe Zaitsev+Murray(33% retained)+Greig+Sogaard+The Conditional 1st?

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I
Yotes fan, here. Congrats on the DeBrincat trade. I noticed that it didn’t seem to put the Chychrun rumors to rest, which surprised me. Wondering what you all would be willing to give for Chychrun?

From a Coyotes perspective, I know they’re looking at a goalie prospect. So I’m sure they’d be asking for Sogaard. I think they’d be willing to accept some conditions on the ‘23 1st (maybe it slides to ‘24 if it’s a top 10 pick?). I also think they’d be willing to take on Zaitsev and/or Murray, if need be. I do think the big prize they’d really be set on is Ridly Greig. I don’t think they’d want Formenton. Not after the Mitch Miller debacle.

Would you guys do Zaitsev/Murray+Greig+Sogaard+Top10 Protected ‘23 1st (sides to ‘24)?

I think we are pretty close here. One thing I might consider is due to the strength of next year's draft the first should be 2024 or maybe conditional on Ottawa making the playoffs instead of top 10 protection.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Formenton integral part of this team and will be a key cog on the 3rd line. I can see the argument of trading him for a top tier defender, but that will be difficult to stomach.

Much prefer trading Brown + and using those assets for a top 4.

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Formenton integral part of this team and will be a key cog on the 3rd line. I can see the argument of trading him for a top tier defender, but that will be difficult to stomach.

Much prefer trading Brown + and using those assets for a top 4.

Ottawa Sun confirmed Sens are shopping
Him.

What a shame if he goes, great player.

But he was in the Uber and we know how that goes with PD

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

No. They are very high on Sogaard. He is our goalie future. Greig should not be traded either and I don’t think they’re considering it. That’s like three 1sts you have there.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I don't like the idea of the sens paying that price for Chychrun. I think I'd rather have those assets and find a middle pair guy than sell everything for a guy who naturally doesn't play on the right. At this point I think I'd rather plug the hole with a temp for a year or two. Someone like Mayfield as an example I guess.

Reactions: Deku

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
What's the issue with Formenton? Is he asking too much? Do we know how much he's looking for and how much PD is offering?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You don’t pass on a top 2D because you won’t trade your unsigned 3LW who is probably replaced within the year with one of your top prospects.

You wouldn’t pass on a top 4D for that player.

Reactions: SENStastic

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Chychrun is LD. We are set there with Chabot and Sanderson as a starting point. RD is what we need. Selling that package for a LD is not good business imo. The Manson talk would not cost that package and would fill in the gap we need filled.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chychrun is LD. We are set there with Chabot and Sanderson as a starting point. RD is what we need. Selling that package for a LD is not good business imo. The Manson talk would not cost that package and would fill in the gap we need filled.
There seems to be mixed messages on whether or not he can play the right side but he has all the attributes to be able to; if he can I think he's a good target, otherwise weeger or Marino look good.

Last edited:

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
That's a big NO THANKS from me.

I was worried he'd end up being our consolation prize this offseason, so now that we went and caught the big Cat, there's really no need to go for Strome. To me it's Giroux or bust from here on out at forward. Obviously a top-4 D is the biggest priority though.
Strome might not be my first choice but he and Debrincat play very well together.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I don’t think this word will hate your offers. We love greig though.

My offer a few pages back was protected 23 first. Formenton. Lassi thomson. And Zaitsev. Would probably throw in a second as well.

I don't like the idea of the sens paying that price for Chychrun. I think I'd rather have those assets and find a middle pair guy than sell everything for a guy who naturally doesn't play on the right. At this point I think I'd rather plug the hole with a temp for a year or two. Someone like Mayfield as an example I guess.
A temp until what? I don’t think the org is sure any of our RD prospects will be able to play int the top 4. We need a legit piece who can play for the next 5-7 years

Sera all I said it will take major pieces to move Murray. Sorry but if that’s the case buy him. We need those major pieces to bring in talent not to get rid of players

Reactions: Cosmix

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Make that first offer lotto protected instead of top 10 protected and I'd do it.
Greig is great but if we can get Chychrun here with term we are legitimately no longer playoff hopefuls, we are a legitimate threat to contend.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa Sun confirmed Sens are shopping
Him.

What a shame if he goes, great player.

But he was in the Uber and we know how that goes with PD
If he has no value here why would he somewhere else. Trading him right now because of that makes no logical sense.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Strome might not be my first choice but he and Debrincat play very well together.
Fair enough, so he would be bumping Stutzle, Norris or Pinto out of a spot.... He also doesn't play with pace something that DJ seems to value. I don't see the fit. Perron, Marchment, Burakovsky, Nichushkin, Copp, Niederreiter all seem to be better players that fill a hole on the wing.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think I’d prioritize Marino over Chykrun.

5M over 5 years 4.4AAV.
Full time RD.
Cost of acquiring should be lower.

Weeger would be my first choice from a straight hockey perspective but I don’t know why he’d be available and he will want long term on his next deal which will start at 29 years old.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
If he has no value here why would he somewhere else. Trading him right now because of that makes no logical sense.
If they were to trade him right now the return would be so poor that it would be perceived as senators jumping ship before news comes out, and the buying team callously trying to get a discount on damaged goods, Ala stephens and mailloux.

Low price for buyer you look exploitative. High price you run the risk of looking like an idiot, if there is fire with the smoke.

No win. No trade.

Better to keep the spotlight off formenton than to shine everyone's attention on him.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Weird logic? Hamonic had no value in VAN and he still brought back an asset. There are hundreds of examples out there.
Different teams evaluate players differently, while we may only see him as a career third liner another team could absolutely see him as a top 6 guy.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Seravalli says Ottawa is trying to move Murray as fast and efficiently as possible. That it will cost us "major sweeteners." If we can't move him we buy him out and save 5 million in real cash.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Seravalli says Ottawa is trying to move Murray as fast and efficiently as possible. That it will cost us "major sweeteners." If we can't move him we buy him out and save 5 million in real cash.
Murray may be moveable on the 14th. I’m hopeful Keumper signs in either Washington or Buffalo leaving Edmonton and Toronto bidding for Campbell. Murray might be the best option left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad