Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm curious if someone like Mark Scheifele is available.

It appears as if the Jets faithful are souring on his lack of a complete game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What are you willing to give up for him? Realistically?

Well, a guy like him isn't made available very often.

Definitely a package with next year's lottery protected pick. Sokolov? Brannstrom? Thomson? JBD? Pinto?

One could argue that one of Norris, Batherson, Zub would be required but at the same time, Karlsson was dealt without Hertl or Meier coming back. Including one those guys might make it a lateral move soon enough.

I don't think Sanderson, Tkachuk, Chabot or Stutzle is in the cards.

The timing isn't great because he's 29 and we're not quite competing yet.

Simplicity

Dec 23, 2017

Definitely a package with next year's lottery protected pick. Sokolov? Brannstrom?

One could argue that one of Norris, Batherson, Zub would be required but at the same time, Karlsson was dealt without Hertl or Meier coming back. Including one those guys might make it a lateral move soon enough.

Is there a bigger weasel in the league now than Schiefele? Have to wonder how he would fit in the room.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Simplicity

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Definitely a package with next year's lottery protected pick. Sokolov? Brannstrom? Thomson? JBD? Pinto?

guy has no idea where the D zone is. Might be the worst defensive top line center in the NHL.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Not that you guys care that much, but if you're Sportsnet hopping tonight and land on the Columbus-Boston game, Reilly and Brown are on the same pairing tonight. Sens boys together.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Again, if he didn't have warts he wouldn't be available.

not the kinda money a budget team should be spending on a 1 dimensional center imo when we already have Norris, Stu and Pinto coming. Rather see what we got there than give up the assets needed for a 1 way player

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
not the kinda money a budget team should be spending on a 1 dimensional center imo when we already have Norris, Stu and Pinto coming. Rather see what we got there than give up the assets needed for a 1 way player
And Greig!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
guy has no idea where the D zone is. Might be the worst defensive top line center in the NHL.
Jack Hughes says hello. I dont think he is that bad... I just dont think the sens are blowing up what they have to go get him. The sens have their centers, they need a scoring winger and a top 4 d man.

Reactions: cudi

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Huh? Crouse is exactly what we want Boucher to be. A twenty-goal scorer that hits and is physical. That's Crouse. If you want Crouse you'll need to trade better pieces than White and Brann. You are right that since Sanderson is coming in we have LD that's expandable. Hence:

2nd + Boucher + Kleven
Crouse is also an enforcer & I don't see that in Boucher at all although the way he hits he is going to have to drop them at some point in the NHL. someone will want to go after him. If they still want an enforcer to fight the other team's enforcer Boucher is not that guy, Crouse can be. He's a much better fighter & player than Watson & looks bigger & is young enough to fit in with this group. Hopefully, Boucher becomes a better pt producer than Crouse, but that remains to be seen until he gets to the NHL.

Reactions: Cosmix

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Crouse is also an enforcer & I don't see that in Boucher at all although the way he hits he is going to have to drop them at some point in the NHL. someone will want to go after him. If they still want an enforcer to fight the other team's enforcer Boucher is not that guy, Crouse can be. He's a much better fighter & player than Watson & looks bigger & is young enough to fit in with this group. Hopefully, Boucher becomes a better pt producer than Crouse, but that remains to be seen until he gets to the NHL.
Get Deslaurier from Minn.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I wouldn't call Crouse an enforcer. He fights, but that's not his forte. You are right the Boucher will have to drop the gloves the way he hits. I bet he'll fight as often as Crouse, if he makes it to the NHL.

Boucher is not much of a point producer in junior so far, and Crouse was scoring more at the same age. I don't see Boucher scoring more than what Crouse is doing this year, which is 20-14. Again, Crouse is what you hope Boucher becomes so he'd be part of the trade to get Crouse. That and Kleven who as you mentioned is expandable once Sanderson arrives.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Jack Hughes says hello. I dont think he is that bad... I just dont think the sens are blowing up what they have to go get him. The sens have their centers, they need a scoring winger and a top 4 d man.

I always give the younger center's some leeway with the dzone but point taken! And agreed, rather use the assets elsewhere

Reactions: bert

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Get Deslaurier from Minn.
Deslauriers would be a solid pick up this offseason.

Another option for an enforcer is to give a two way contract to Bokondji Imama. He is a UFA group 6 so he will be available to sign. He was part of the championship Saint John Sea Dogs with Thomas Chabot and Mathieu Joseph. He actually played on a line with Joseph and a career year offensively. Considering he is buddies with Chabot and Joseph it could be nice to reunite them. Boko is a hell of a fighter so maybe the Sens could give him a look in the NHL and see if he can carve a role out for himself.

Reactions: Loach

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I wouldn't call Crouse an enforcer. He fights, but that's not his forte. You are right the Boucher will have to drop the gloves the way he hits. I bet he'll fight as often as Crouse, if he makes it to the NHL.

Boucher is not much of a point producer in junior so far, and Crouse was scoring more at the same age. I don't see Boucher scoring more than what Crouse is doing this year, which is 20-14. Again, Crouse is what you hope Boucher becomes so he'd be part of the trade to get Crouse. That and Kleven who as you mentioned is expandable once Sanderson arrives.
Kleven isn't expendable. He is going to be a core part of our d corps in the future.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm curious if someone like Mark Scheifele is available.

It appears as if the Jets faithful are souring on his lack of a complete game.
Absolutely

PPG top line centre with two years left ? Sign me up

Sens should also be looking hard at horvat if he shakes loose

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Is Fiala really the player you want to give $7 million a year to and take away all Your cap wiggle room.

To be honest I’d just rather sign Connor Brown and Zub then trade for Fiala - give them that extra money and lock them up long term: makes no sense to me to make holes somewhere else to bring in Fiala (who o don’t think is really what the Sens are going for and I don’t find him a player that solves anything TBH)
I feel him with Stütle forms a disgusting duo personally and would pursue him like a hound.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The core of the 3rd pair 10-15 mins of ice time with Sanderson and Chabot playing 25 minutes each.
If TBL can give Sergachev, Hedman and McDonagh a combined 70 mins a night, I am sure we can find a way to get Kleven more than 10-15mins per night if he earns it.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Crouse is absolutely a middle 6 winger at this point.He flys under the radar in Arizona but he is an excellent player.
Arizona won’t be trading him for anything less than a massive overpay. It would likely take Ottawa’s 1st this year to get him. He has that kind of value.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
No trade for me that involves our drafted future core contributors. Pinto, Greig, Thomson, et al. I could see something for Fiala based around Brannstrom plus, but not the prospects pushing for next year. 1st top 10 protected as a minimum. Prefer to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad