Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I dont expect Ottawa to make any trades until draft day.

We don't need to protect anyone from Seattle and we are too broke to take advantage of teams that can't protect everyone.

If they did make a big trade involving our pick, the league would probably tell both teams its official, but don't tell anyone until they can announce on the draft floor.

Also, why is this site so shit on mobile?

Could be. I expect trades during the off season. Melnyk indicated his strategy on Toronto radio and I fully expect the GM to follow Melnyk's orders to get a vet C and D. I also expect those 2 players will be old ageing vets. My expectations seem reasonable given what team reps have said and based on past experience with this GM.

I do not use my iPhone to view the site very often due to the small screen.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hyman - Paul - C.Brown

Not sure I'd be willing to spend the money for a guy who might end up playing 4rth line minutes.

I would play Tkachuk, Stutzle and Formenton over Hyman on the left personally. Hyman is currently better than Formenton but for the difference in cost I would prefer giving that ice time to Formenton and focus on getting a center.

Don't get me wrong, that would be an amazing checking/shutdown line but at the same time Formenton will be a player for us. If we need a winger I would focus on finding a Dadonov replacement which would solidify our lineup all around and just experiment with White as 3rd line C.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
ok next time I'll just call you out rather than trying to be nice about it

That's my guy. I'd rather be called out corrected than condescended to. There was nothing nice about that or your previous posts in which I or others have erred.

Hale and the posts beneath yours appropriately responded.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Nicolas Roy isn't anything special. Decent 3rd liner.

Definitely don't need him and certainly don't need to sell low on Brown to make it happen.

Brown for Glass is something we should be exploring though.

I've seen quite a bit of skill from him, I think he can be a diamond in the rough. Only 24. At the very least we'd have a solid bottom 6er who plays a lot like us and is 6'4 with speed.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I've seen quite a bit of skill from him, I think he can be a diamond in the rough. Only 24. At the very least we'd have a solid bottom 6er who plays a lot like us and is 6'4 with speed.

Better off just developing Sokolov no? I think we should spend assets on premiere assets (top pair D or 1C) because we have enough secondary pieces

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
IMO he's a fixture as our 4th line C moving forward. Sens brass love him. It'll be him or Kaestlic as our future 4th line C moving forward.
Yeah thats good news,you can tell he is a player..Maybe just a 4th liner but for sure a player,no fear always working and hustling all over the ice

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah that term is far far too long,Dumba for me fits the bill perfectly 2 years remaining and could give us some much better depth
He would be a terrific target and exactly the type of player the team should be targeting. However Minnesota may go 4 and 4. The Sens are in a pretty great position to trade for a player a team may lose for nothing. They have plenty of assets that dont need to be protected. You would hope that they can add a substantial player, its a very unique opportunity that wont come around again.

If the Sens knew they could get Hamilton and sign him to an extension while giving up Zaitsev + what would you be willing to add? Brannstrom and a 2nd/L.Brown?

These playoffs have shown how important a good big, physical puck moving D core is. To go along with Chabot, Sanderson and Zub they need one more top 4 RD moving forward.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He would be a terrific target and exactly the type of player the team should be targeting. However Minnesota may go 4 and 4. The Sens are in a pretty great position to trade for a player a team may lose for nothing. They have plenty of assets that dont need to be protected. You would hope that they can add a substantial player, its a very unique opportunity that wont come around again.

If the Sens knew they could get Hamilton and sign him to an extension while giving up Zaitsev + what would you be willing to add? Brannstrom and a 2nd/L.Brown?

These playoffs have shown how important a good big, physical puck moving D core is. To go along with Chabot, Sanderson and Zub they need one more top 4 RD moving forward.

One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of options Dorion can pursue to improve this team short-term, long-term, or any term.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He would be a terrific target and exactly who they should be going after. However Minnesota may go 4 and 4. The Sens are in a pretty great position to trade for a player a team may lose for nothing. They have plenty of assets that dont need to be protected. You would hope that they can add a substantial player its a very unique opportunity that wont come around again.

If the Sens knew they could get Hamilton while giving up Zaitsev + what would you be willing to add? Branstrom and a 2nd/L.Brown?
Hamilton would add a much greater impact on the team than us adding Eichel I believe...Having Zub,JBD and Thompson to battle it out for that final top four slot..

Zub/JBD etc./Chabot

Hamilton/Sanderson...

Yeah thats a top 4 ,but with at least two at 8 mil and another in Sanderson gives us 24 mil spent on 3...We will have to keep things on the lighter side up front and in nets to afford it

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Tweet

Hockey Hound
@HockeyHoundShow

·
10 min
1f6a8.svg
1f6a8.svg
1f6a8.svg
Breaking News: According to Sportsnet analyst Shane O’Brien #CofRed Matthew Tkachuks days in Calgary may be coming to an end.
1f440.svg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad