Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Adams backs their expertise, feeling Eichel could avoid surgery. Confirms that Eichel and his reps have considered a different option (cervical disk replacement), but team is not comfortable with it because there is not a history of NHL players coming back from it.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Where the team will need help is depth on Defence. I think JBD will benefit from a year in the AHL, which leaves the Sens right now with only 6 NHL defencemen.

Easiest target seems to be to make a deal with a team before the expansion draft to acquire a defenceman that they thing they will lose, but, with how Mete has played, I wonder if that's the smartest option now? I guess they could trade for a guy and expose Zaitsev...but then I wonder how important Zaitsev is to Zub...seeing that he's acting as his translator right now.

Seattle could do what Vegas did and draft more defence than they need and then trade them after the draft is complete. Sens again could use their draft pick assets, or prospects to acquire an established defenceman then.

Question becomes, do you target a top 4 RHD, or, go for a 3rd pairing/depth guy? Do we think Chabot, Zub, Zaitsev, Brannstrom, Mete and Josh Brown are the top 6 D that can bring this team to the playoffs? Or is there room to improve that group which would bump someone down to the 7th dman spot?

Zaitsev and Zub are established top-4 d-men. LHD on the 2nd pair is the only position being held by somebody who might struggle next year.

The team only needs to acquire something similar to a LH Josh Brown (big, physical PK'er).
That gives DJ the flexibility to replace everybody in the lineup, tweak the lineup depending on matchups and give young players an opportunity.

Chabot L - Zaitsev R
Brannstrom L/R - Zub R
Mete L/R - J.Brown R

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Cause it’s Buffalo ?
ROR became a playoff mvp and hall is on fire since leaving

lots of players leave bad situations and realize their potential

Fair enough however it is not a risk I would be willing to take

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Panarin - Eichel - Kakko
Lafrenière - Zibanejad - Krieder

It’s going to be tough competing with the Rangers when they’re loaded up like that. Im all aboard the Eichel train we need him.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Panarin - Eichel - Kakko
Lafrenière - Zibanejad
- Krieder

It’s going to be tough competing with the Rangers when they’re loaded up like that. Im all aboard the Eichel train we need him.

I'd be surprised if they trade for Eichel and one of the bolded (if not two) is not included in the deal.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tough to identify who's worth building around and who's not when they're 22 years old though - we've made that mistake with Zibanejad.

Better to give them the ice time with us and see if any develop into stars while they're cheap and we have the open roster spots. Then when we need to make room, trade them in their peaks while they're worth more.

Why put all our eggs into one to two of Pinto/Norris/Formenton and trade the other, risking making the wrong choice, when both are cheap and affordable right now.

Didn't we sign Dadonov from UFA? PD spent nothing besides some money to acquire him and he's only here another 2 years with a 50-50 chance to bounce back to form with a deeper cast around him. He was brought in to be a focal point on offense when he's more of a complimentary player, as we're learned. If he doesn't bounce back next year, we have 5 mil in dead weight for another year max (or we shed him to some playoff team looking for cheap depth).

Yes from UFA and Dorion spent millions in salary to acquire him that could have been spent on a younger better player.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Cause it’s Buffalo ?
ROR became a playoff mvp and hall is on fire since leaving

lots of players leave bad situations and realize their potential
Those players also left Eichel and had success.

Reactions: Altimus

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’ve changed my mind and this is the Max I’d do for Eichel given his cap hit, herniated disc etc.
Even given this, if I were GM, I’d go to Tkachuk and get the Americans inside opinions about him in the room and if will he fall in line on Brady’s team.

2 firsts
White
Brannstrom
Logan Brown
Gus or Daccord
I don’t think there is any chance in hell the Sens entertain going after Eichel. What do you think Tim Murray says about his character when Pierre asks him about Eichel. It will be interesting to see if Minnesota make a play for Eichel. They have been open about trying to get a #1 centre for awhile. If they don’t go hard after Eichel it will be telling, Randy Sexton is AGM of the Wild and was with the Sabres from 2017-2020. This will be interesting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don’t think there is any chance in hell the Sens entertain going after Eichel. What do you think Tim Murray says about his character when Pierre asks him about Eichel. It will be interesting to see if Minnesota make a play for Eichel. They have been open about trying to get a #1 centre for awhile. If they don’t go hard after Eichel it will be telling, Randy Sexton is AGM of the Wild and was with the Sabres from 2017-2020. This will be interesting.

LA apparently has strong interest and has a good pool of drafted prospects to get it done as well

Reactions: GCK

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yes from UFA and Dorion spent millions in salary to acquire him that could have been spent on a younger better player.
Like who? We know he was going hard after Tofolli.

Otherwise, there are no other "young" "better" forwards in UFA he could have targetted. Guys in their mid 20s like Strome, Mantha are all RFA.

Kreider? Resigned with Rangers
Coyle? Resigned with Bruins
Schenn? Resigned with Blues

All these guys got more money at more term (and are not astronomically outperforming Dadonov).

Reactions: Hutz

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Eichel sounds like a Duchene trade - huge deal for an overrated player who we’ve never seen in the playoffs and gets a whole lot done that never seem to make a difference.

no thanks. I’m there for red line game in, all the rest of it I’m not interested in

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Eichel sounds like a Duchene trade - huge deal for an overrated player who we’ve never seen in the playoffs and gets a whole lot done that never seem to make a difference.

no thanks. I’m there for red line game in, all the rest of it I’m not interested in

I'm not a fan of giving up core pieces to get Eichel, but come on, he's much, much better than Duchene's ever been. I can see Eichel tearing it up in the playoffs as well.

Nevertheless, I've become convinced they'll ship him out west to the Kings. Even if the Rangers offered a slightly better deal, why the hell would Buffalo want to face him multiple times a year and in the playoffs? Just doesn't make much sense for them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So what teams have stacked forward groups and good 4th d men they won’t be able to protect ? We could possibly go shopping for cheap.
Maybe tampa?

goodrow or Coleman?

then we can dangle dadonov to a. Team in search of scoring help for a d man

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I know Ottawa isn’t going to land Eichel, however i’d be willing to move quite a lot for him, Norris, Brannstrom(Sanderson if need be), White, 2021 1st conditional 2022 first (If Ottawa makes the playoffs)

You can call “locker room cancer” ALL YOU WANT.

So was Ryan O’Reilly, until he wasn’t.
Taylor Hall was washed, until he wasn’t.

There is something seriously wrong with the Sabres organization as a whole, and Eichel isn’t it. This started when the Pegula’s bought the team.

Is there a little risk? yea.

But Eichel is a BONIFIED 1st line centre who would be the best forward traded since Joe Thornton.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I feel like there are a ton of 2-3C's that could very available this off season

Put our effort into that

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I know Ottawa isn’t going to land Eichel, however i’d be willing to move quite a lot for him, Norris, Brannstrom(Sanderson if need be), White, 2021 1st conditional 2022 first (If Ottawa makes the playoffs)

You can call “locker room cancer” ALL YOU WANT.

So was Ryan O’Reilly, until he wasn’t.
Taylor Hall was washed, until he wasn’t.

There is something seriously wrong with the Sabres organization as a whole, and Eichel isn’t it. This started when the Pegula’s bought the team.

Is there a little risk? yea.

But Eichel is a BONIFIED 1st line centre who would be the best forward traded since Joe Thornton.
That's an insane package for a team that's not an Eichel away from the Cup at this time.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
That's an insane package for a team that's not an Eichel away from the Cup at this time.
You’re closer with Eichel than you are with any of those pieces COMBINED.

Eichel is a top 10 player in the league today, he’s on the same tier as guys like Barkov, Stone, Panarin and Kane. But in my honest opinion, he’s better than all those guys.
These guys don’t grow on trees, if you have an opportunity to snag one of these players, you do it!
But he plays for Buffalo and people write him off because of it, he’s young, signed long term, WITHOUT A NMC.
Ottawa should be ALL OVER THIS. And other than Stützle and Tkachuk; everything should be on the table.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You’re closer with Eichel than you are with any of those pieces COMBINED.

Eichel is a top 10 player in the league today, he’s on the same tier as guys like Barkov, Stone, Panarin and Kane. But in my honest opinion, he’s better than all those guys.
These guys don’t grow on trees, if you have an opportunity to snag one of these players, you do it!
But he plays for Buffalo and people write him off because of it, he’s young, signed long term, WITHOUT A NMC.
Ottawa should be ALL OVER THIS. And other than Stützle and Tkachuk; everything should be on the table.
Eichel is the reason Buffalo is Buffalo

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Eichel is the reason Buffalo is Buffalo
Nah
Eichel is gonna be in the same tier as Barkov drai and matthews if he leaves Buffalo

his speed at that size and skill level is insane

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Buffalo is going to have to take some money back. We have just that player in Colin White. Throw in a high pick 1st this year, and Logan Brown and Lassi Thomson/Sogaard
I love this deal which means that Buffalo is going to laugh you out of the building with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad