Rumor: Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

I can always count on Sting to remind me why this team makes me lose years off my life. :(

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Completely agree 100%. This team is in a state of mediocrity. Not bad enough for good draft picks and not good enough to be contenders. The next few years and the inevitable decline of Hank will be tough to swallow.

Lundqvist is 31 and (if he stays ;)) should provide VG goaltending for at least 5 more yrs. that should be more than enough time to build a real offense in front of him.

Drewbackatu*

1998 is not 10 years ago.

And again, every team has had to contend with the lockout and injuries, those are more excuses.

Fair points. Resolutions to fix things? We'd be here all day, bottom line is the one constant has been the GM and ownership. They still have not gotten the job done.

Right on, way to go! I'm whistling and saying, "Here Here" after reading your post. The Rangers will continue to be a picture of mediocrity as long as an imbecile like Dolan owns it and an out of touch dinosaur like Sather runs it.

For fifty(50)+ years, I have been a loyal fan attending games (since 1960 at the old garden) and during that time, there has been one constant all those years and that's this:
-no matter who has run the team from Emile Francis(dreadful his last 4 yrs here) to John Ferguson to Espo to Neal Smith, this has been arguably the worst run organization of all the original six(6) teams hands down!

Kershaw

Lundqvist is 31 and (if he stays ;)) should provide VG goaltending for at least 5 more yrs. that should be more than enough time to build a real offense in front of him.

We said that in 2007. "Now that we have a legit goalie with offense, we are cup contenders!!!11!!". They don't have an elite 1C or elite 1D and without those pieces, the Rangers won't win a cup anytime soon.

And Lundqvist will probably get a back injury soon, a severe one. Primarily due to carrying the team for 7 years and counting.

Drewbackatu*

Ive been making these arguments for years, and they were usually met with scorn.

The first mistake was trading for Jagr and surrounding him with his posse. That was a total waste. Hardly anyone from those teams is still here. Those were stopgap teams, except the stop gaps are supposed to hold you over in years where you get high picks. We didn't do that.

The second mistake was trying to surround those aging players with terrible free agent signings instead of realizing that those teams were miserably flawed and needed to be scrapped.

Mistake three was signing Gaborik instead of dismantling and getting high picks, or at least being patient and getting a legit dynamic multi talent like Kovalchuk.

Chance after chance to rebuild and get a high draft pick to develop a great top line forward was passed over.

You don't go anywhere in this league without some homegrown franchise forwards anchoring your top line (even te year the Bruins won the Cup, Crosby was out). Not only did the Rangers refuse to go through a natural rebuild, but the one chance they had where a top line prospect fell into their laps, they drafted a role player defenseman.

This team does everything backwards, and what you get in they case is what we have now: not bad, but certainly not good enough.

This is perhaps the most brutally honest and refreshing post that I've read about the Ranger's organization since I've been posting here.

Nice to hear from an honest fan who doesn't wear rose colored glasses, wax poetic and make a bunch of lame *** excuses about every player that finds his way here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad