Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part V: Zib-a-dabba-do

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
10. Ottawa and the New York Rangers talked about Michael Del Zotto. It was quickly determined there wasn't a match. Del Zotto's market value is a little low right now. But New York is determined to get a fair price for the guy, who twice led Rangers defencemen in scoring and averaged more than 20 minutes per game the last two seasons. I thought the Edmonton Oilers might be a potential destination. But that doesn't sound like a fit, either. They want size on the blue-line.

Just to show how stupid Edmonton is

11. I've always wondered how close Edmonton came to getting Ben Bishop, currently standing tall in Tampa Bay's goal. The Lightning got him from the Senators for Cory Conacher and a fourth-round pick. From what I understand, the Oilers offered a second-rounder, a third-rounder and Ryan Jones. The issue? That second-rounder was Anaheim's, which turned out to be 56th overall and Ottawa wanted Edmonton's original spot, which was 37th. It sounds like the deal fell apart when the Albertans wouldn't do it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...hts-nhl-thrilled-by-media-rights-bonanza.html

Look at Bishop now with TB. Edmonton is still searching for a goaltender.

Punxrocknyc19*

Maloney said yesterday no trade is imminent. They are filling from within the org, presser at noon.

why cant Rangers do this to Pouliot and Pyatt.. what purpose on the roster do they have?? id take the pains of Miller and Kristo on this team right now..

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gardiner and a draft pick for Del Zotto?

Call up McIlrath.

See how it plays out. Possibly trade Girardi at the deadline for a top 6 forward?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
why cant Rangers do this to Pouliot and Pyatt.. what purpose on the roster do they have?? id take the pains of Miller and Kristo on this team right now..

Who would you like them to be replaced with?

The organization has deemed that Miller and Mashinter are the two best young options within the system right now. Miller needs to develop before hes an NHL player, and Mashinter simply isn't an NHL'er.

Lindberg, Kristo, Kantor, Hrivik? These guys wouldnt make a difference right now. Fast? We saw him here and he was totally overmatched. The roster situation is a problem like it always is. Its much better to come to terms with the fact there is no short-term solution to it. And the short-term solution CERTAINLY doesnt involve pulling up kids that aren't ready to play NHL hockey

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It is a fine deal, but it does nothing to help our forward group.

Gardiner is a RFA at seasons end.

He's an RFA, but coming off his ELC. Non-arb eligible. He will be cheaper to re-sign than MDZ. Yeah, he doesn't help our forward group, but it's not like we couldn't use a guy to play the right side on defense.

Edit: I take that back. I think he will be arbitration eligible, but he should still be cheaper to re-sign.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He's an RFA, but coming off his ELC. Non-arb eligible. He will be cheaper to re-sign than MDZ. Yeah, he doesn't help our forward group, but it's not like we couldn't use a guy to play the right side on defense.
He will be arbitration eligble. Signed his contract at 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad