Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part IV: Yak Yak Yak Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
no!

anyway, if girardi walks, or is allowed to walk, is there anyone that MDZ can be swapped for that is a RD, someone similar age/value?

Dorado*

For the poster who wouldn't give up Girardi for the oilers 1st .... What lottery team gives up a top 5 pick for an aging UFA ?
If G is moves it will be to a ready to win team and their late 1st and or top prospect At best . I can see Girardi in a similar role to Rosci with an elite Hawks squad on another contender looking for blue line depth tht can play 1-6 with play off chops

GoGoKreider

Oct 18, 2011
Yak would be great to have if he would commit somewhat to Defense. But him being a former 1st pick what would the Rangers have to give. Not worth giving up your farm for him. Would Del Zotto or Miller and a 2nd do it? I know they have a similar player in Schultz, but maybe Miller instead and a 2nd. Yak has lost value so could that be a possibility. Take it easy on me please. Im new here. Also still very drunk.

BarbaraAlphanse

For ***** and giggles: Hank for Yokopov + 1st

Why? Seems like a pointless trade to me.

Hank 4 Yak? Y u do dis? Y u do dis to me. :cry:

Also thoughts on KC v Den? Think you guys can pull off the "upset" here w Peyton on 1 leg.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Hank 4 Yak? Y u do dis? Y u do dis to me. :cry:

Also thoughts on KC v Den? Think you guys can pull off the "upset" here w Peyton on 1 leg.

Well it'd probably be Yak + bluechip scoring forward. So two bluechip scoring forwards.

Regarding KC/DEN, I am being cautiously optimistic. Charles needs more handoffs, he only got 15 against the Bills.

If Houston/Hali/Poe are on their game and pushing the pocket, I like our chances.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't see any reason why girardi walks has a house and a family here, said multiple times he loves playing in NY and lastly, NYR Would be stupid to not want him back in some capacity

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I don't see any reason why girardi walks has a house and a family here, said multiple times he loves playing in NY and lastly, NYR Would be stupid to not want him back in some capacity

NYR would certainly like Girardi back, but how much of a raise is he going to want from his current 3.4M?

Dorado*

Time to move on from him . Foot speed and transition game via quickness , or a good first pass and gap control are not strengths for G . Reunite him with Torts at the deadline and let him be what he is a durable , slow veteran who is willing to be a puck shield .

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Girardi is a likeable soldier who I'd love to have as a career Ranger. Hoping he takes a hometown discount but understand if he wants to go get paid.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
What is Yak's potential? Are we talking about a PPG offensive winger, ala P. Kane (at his best, P. Kane can do better than PPG though).

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Am I the only one that isn't giving up assets for Yakupov? It seems to me like he only wants to play hockey when the pucks on his stick. Undisputable talent but wants to play pond hockey. Idk, the whole Radulov/Kovalchuk thing is in my head I guess

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
What is Yak's potential? Are we talking about a PPG offensive winger, ala P. Kane (at his best, P. Kane can do better than PPG though).

It's hard to know for anybody, especially a kinda atypical player playing in really atypical circumstances. Gabby's always the quick and easy comparable I end up going to, especially since injuries were a bit of a knock on him. There's some retconning the draft now that he's not playing so hot, but I always remembered him as the consensus pick there.

We have a lot of defensively responsible forwards and a lot of set-up types, which is most of why I'm really high on the whole thing. His skillset is a good fit.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
So is MDZ washed up or a valuable young D? Because I'm confused with the bipolar nature of the previous thread.

Since the beginning of time, or so it seems, the Ranger fans have had a whipping boy on defense. It's always a 20 min a night guy that gets ripped into, and a guy that can't grab the current top 4 is hailed as undoubtedly better.

Since the D have gotten the system a bit, there doesn't seem to be much issue there. I would maybe like to see a guy that can maximize Staal and buy him some room and create offense. Anton Stralman for all that he is, isn't exactly an offensive luminary out there.

I like Straasly quite a bit, but the dude is going to get a 4-5 year deal at 3M+. Given his age, and that he is a mistake free defenseman, teams will be paying this guy as an UFA.

Anyone see a deal to upgrade his spot next to Staal this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad