Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VIII |

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Holmes*

A microdiscectomy is not major back surgery.

I don't know what you's all beef with Kadri is, but the irony is that those were the exact same things that were said about Spezza when he was a young player.

You may not like the idea of a Kadri / Spezza swap, but I think it makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons.

Berserker*

I don't know what you's all beef with Kadri is, but the irony is that those were the exact same things that were said about Spezza when he was a young player.

You may not like the idea of a Kadri / Spezza swap, but I think it makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons.

I would think that Spezza has higher market value than Kadri. Aside from that, any deal with Toronto would require a massive over payment on their part.

But with that said, I would take Kadri on the Sens and I would be more of a fan of this trade if it were with another organization.

John Holmes*

Well yeah it would require other parts to make it work, but I think Toronto does have some parts that we would want back.

You also have to factor in that Spezza has the ultimate say on where he goes.

Thankfully Doug Wilson is not the GM of the Leafs.

As for trading within the division, we've done it with Boston. The Habs and the Leafs have made many trades over the years, rivalries don't get more intense than that one.

Not the ideal situation, but if it works, and it works for both teams, I think you make the exception to the unwritten rule.

Berserker*

i have no problem with anyone wanting to trade Spezza, but I do have a problem with the confirmation bias when watching Spezza. People have said in certain games that he had a bad game when in fact it was the opposite.

He has been consistently bad defensively this season and I think that is what everyone focuses on. He still makes an exorbitant amount of no look blind passes that end up in atrocious turnovers, that usually end up in the back of our net. In the past, many fans overlooked this fact as he was making a much bigger impact offensively but the fact remains that this aspect of his game always existed.

There is some merit to your confirmation bias argument but there is also merit to the confirmation bias argument that many fans on here have overlooked the flaws and deficiencies in his game due to his consistent flashy offence.

That is why a lot of former Spezza supporters have been turning on him. They can no longer overlook the negative aspects of his game.

Berserker*

Well yeah it would require other parts to make it work, but I think Toronto does have some parts that we would want back.

You also have to factor in that Spezza has the ultimate say on where he goes.

Thankfully Doug Wilson is not the GM of the Leafs.

As for trading within the division, we've done it with Boston. The Habs and the Leafs have made many trades over the years, rivalries don't get more intense than that one.

Not the ideal situation, but if it works, and it works for both teams, I think you make the exception to the unwritten rule.

Spezza's no trade clause isn't nearly as powerful as you or many other posters seem to think. There are ways around it, but they are let's say not classy.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He has been consistently bad defensively this season and I think that is what everyone focuses on. He still makes an exorbitant amount of no look blind passes that end up in atrocious turnovers, that usually end up in the back of our net. In the past, many fans overlooked this fact as he was making a much bigger impact offensively but the fact remains that this aspect of his game always existed.

There is some merit to your confirmation bias argument but there is also merit to the confirmation bias argument that many fans on here have overlooked the flaws and deficiencies in his game due to his consistent flashy offence.

That is why a lot of former Spezza supporters have been turning on him. They can no longer overlook the negative aspects of his game.

While there have been a few people overlooking his flaws this year, I think the vast majority of his support comes from those saying that it will take more than 39 games after missing the vast majority of last season and having off season surgery before we should assume he has regressed and will/can not return to form.

I have no problem with moving on from Spezza, but I do think his value is at it's likely lowest when both he and the team are struggling. Off-season before the draft, or next years deadline are probably better timing to consider moving him imo.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

No, but it can get tricky if its not allowed to heal properly. That could be an issue given Spezza rushed back to play in the playoffs.

The success rate for microdiscectomy spine surgery is approximately 90% to 95%, although 5% to 10% of patients will develop a recurrent disc herniation at some point in the future.

A recurrent disc herniation may occur directly after back surgery or many years later, although they are most common in the first three months after surgery. If the disc does herniate again, generally a revision microdiscectomy will be just as successful as the first operation. However, after a recurrence, the patient is at higher risk of further recurrences (15% to 20% chance).

John Holmes*

No, but it can get tricky if its not allowed to heal properly. That could be an issue given Spezza rushed back to play in the playoffs.

MacLean said that the current injury is not related to the back or knee from last season.

I read it on the Sun website if anyone cares to dig up the link.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Hypothetical question:

Spezza stays out for 5 more games, Sens win 6 in a row without him.

What do you do?

1. Put him back ASAP
2. Wait until we lose to insert him back into the line-up.
3. Trade him.

Part 2:

We insert him back into the line-up and we immediately go on a 5 game losing skid.

Then what?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Hypothetical question:

Spezza stays out for 5 more games, Sens win 6 in a row without him.

What do you do?

1. Put him back ASAP
2. Wait until we lose to insert him back into the line-up.
3. Trade him.

Part 2:

We insert him back into the line-up and we immediately go on a 5 game losing skid.

Then what?

Then he continues to play until a young guy becomes a veteran, and can now play a meaningful role. What's so hard to understand. :laugh:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
You couldn't be more wrong.

They wouldn't be able to move him just anywhere, but they could CONVINCE him to go to the right place. No professional athlete will stay where he isn't wanted but the no trade lets him have a say in the destination. It's a fact :)

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
They wouldn't be able to move him just anywhere, but they could CONVINCE him to go to the right place. No professional athlete will stay where he isn't wanted but the no trade lets him have a say in the destination. It's a fact :)

Rick Nash says hi.

Ottawa wasn't on his list of team's he wouldn't accept a trade to, but he still opted not to be traded here.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I`d wait until the end of this season to decide on whether to move Spezza or not. I would want to see if there could be some chemistry between Spezza & Stone before I trade him. Hopefully, when both are healthy I would like to see Stone called up to play with Spezza & Greening who also plays well with Spezza. If those three can create another good line than Ottawa would be a much better team. If it doesn`t work out then look to move Spezza this coming summer when teams do most of their trades & team building for the coming season.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Wow. I want no part of Kadri.

Not only is Spezza worth more than Kadri, also no matter how badly Spezza has played I believe he'll get back to a better form. I wouldn't want to face him 6 or 7 times a year. You know he'd be trying to prove the Sens wrong.

I think he's been playing with a bum groin, which has gotten worst in the past week.

Oh yeah, and Kadri is a rat. He looks like one, and plays like one. No thanks.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. Trade Condra & Corvo for picks or pucks.
2. Send Pageau back to Bingo.
3. Call up Grant & Stone.

Greening - Spezza - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Conacher - Zibanejad - Michalek
Z. Smith - Grant - Neil/Kassian

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Methot - Gryba/Phillips

Lehner - Anderson

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Rick Nash says hi.

Ottawa wasn't on his list of team's he wouldn't accept a trade to, but he still opted not to be traded here.

Exactly he used his no trade to go to a place he wanted to go not a place that he didn't. To me the no trade gives the player a real say in the process.

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
1. Trade Condra & Corvo for picks or pucks.
2. Send Pageau back to Bingo.
3. Call up Grant & Stone.

My exact three moves as well. I'll even go as far as sending Condra down if we can't get pucks.

My only difference is that I do keep giving Anderson more starts than Lehner for the short term in the hopes that these wins eventually help build his confidence.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's unbelievable how useless Michalek, Greening, Kassian and Neil have been yet Condra always the guy getting picked on. Condra has been fabulous puck possession forward lately on the rise and has been crazy good on PK lately yet always the guy picked on.

Yea, he doesn't score a lot of points, but neither are the other guys but at least Condra DOES SOMETHING.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
It's unbelievable how useless Michalek, Greening, Kassian and Neil have been yet Condra always the guy getting picked on. Condra has been fabulous puck possession forward lately on the rise and has been crazy good on PK lately yet always the guy picked on.

Yea, he doesn't score a lot of points, but neither are the other guys but at least Condra DOES SOMETHING.

:nod: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad