Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Stone’s skating on a long term extension worries me. Love him, but worried about how he skates in 2-3 years

stone has the hockey iq (i know there is no real way to measure or quantify this, just based off his game play) to be a good forward even if he loses a step or two. As long as he doesnt lose 5 steps i think the contract will be fine

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I would move Duchene and try to recoup our first pick
Attach White, Wideman and or Harpur to him if needed

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

One of these things is not like the other.. White has value, and has looked great when given a chance with talented guys.

Wideman and Harpur could fall off the face of the hockey world tomorrow and we may actually be better off..

Reactions: Cosmix

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
One of these things is not like the other.. White has value, and has looked great when given a chance with talented guys.

Wideman and Harpur could fall off the face of the hockey world tomorrow and we may actually be better off..
I know but realistically if we want a 2019 first were going to have to give a lot I presume

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I still expect us to re-sign Stone.

But Duchene could realistically get us a 1st+B+ Quality prospect. Granted that first will realistically be somewhere between 20 and 30. A first is a first

Reactions: Cosmix

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

COL isn't taking Duchene back, although it'd be funny.

Stone to COL is probably the only way to recoup our 1st. In Sakic's shoes, I think I probably hold on to that pick. If we were going to trade back for that pick, the time to do it was last year prior to us executing this rebuild. At that time, before the Karlsson hysteria, maybe we would have gotten it back for a player or prospect they really liked. Now it's just too valuable, that it just doesn't make sense to expect them to be willing to trade it back to us just because it originally belonged to us.

The entire point of reacquiring it was that we could reacquire it when it was valued as a bubble pick, and through our own actions (Trading Karl, Stone, Duchene, Ceci, etc) manipulate it's value into being a top 5 pick....so we pay for a bubble pick, get a top 5 pick. Now it's valued very close to a top 5 pick, so COL has no real reason to move it. The only way I think they even consider it is if half way through the season, we're gunning for a playoff spot with no indication of Stone/Duchene leaving, and we're willing to overpay.

As far as Stone/Duchene returns, without extensions in place, we'll get basically the Brassard return x2 for Duchene or Stone before the deadline, maybe a bit more.

Vegas apparently really likes Stone. I wonder if we'd try and attach Ryan to Stone like we did with Karlsson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

But Duchene could realistically get us a 1st+B+ Quality prospect. Granted that first will realistically be somewhere between 20 and 30. A first is a first
I don't think they will resign Stone.. Stone will want 8 per.. with a NMC and lockout protection bonus $ ,,, just like Karlsson (except for the aav) .. Dorion will try to get him to come off those things but .. there is just not enough to stay for and I think if he was going to stay he'd be signed. all just my guess

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Of course it won't be COL

Lets say Vegas has a horrendous year and finish 28th
and one of Duchene or Stone agrees to a contract with VGK
Maybe we can get back a top ten 1st rounder
Don't know if its possible but that 2019 draft is soooo deep

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I don't think they will resign Stone.. Stone will want 8 per.. with a NMC and lockout protection bonus $ ,,, just like Karlsson (except for the aav) .. Dorion will try to get him to come off those things but .. there is just not enough to stay for and I think if he was going to stay he'd be signed. all just my guess

Stone has his one and only chance to be the face of an NHL franchise, in the city that believed in him and groomed him when nobody else wanted him.
Loyalty is still massive in today's NHL, even after Tavares. Mark Stone's home is in Ottawa, and Ottawa will be willing to pay him a fair deal (I mean they really have to if they wanna hit the cap floor..). Lets not forget his love affair with Brady Tkachuk, the bright future of the team.

If any player would be willing to take a "hometown" discount it'd be him.. I'm predicting something long term around his current cap hit.

From an Ottawa POV this is an easy lay up, you preached character for the last year or so when it came to Karlsson 's future, well Mark Stone is the heart and soul of this team. For the last 10+ years they've preached their drafting and developing skills, and being able to retain that talent. ( and for the most part they have.. Alfie is the big screw up they've had. Spezz asked for a trade, and the owner and Karlsson really didn't trust each other or get along. If I was an owner and didn't trust a player, I wouldn't give him 11+ Mil a year either.. As much as that sucks to admit from a fans POV). They keep saying in order for a rebuild to be done right they need an influx of young talent to go with good, quality vets, well Mark Stone is really the only guy on our roster who matches that description (Duchene will be dealt, almost for sure).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stone has his one and only chance to be the face of an NHL franchise, in the city that believed in him and groomed him when nobody else wanted him.
Loyalty is still massive in today's NHL, even after Tavares. Mark Stone's home is in Ottawa, and Ottawa will be willing to pay him a fair deal (I mean they really have to if they wanna hit the cap floor..). Lets not forget his love affair with Brady Tkachuk, the bright future of the team.

If any player would be willing to take a "hometown" discount it'd be him.. I'm predicting something long term around his current cap hit.

From an Ottawa POV this is an easy lay up, you preached character for the last year or so when it came to Karlsson 's future, well Mark Stone is the heart and soul of this team. For the last 10+ years they've preached their drafting and developing skills, and being able to retain that talent. ( and for the most part they have.. Alfie is the big screw up they've had. Spezz asked for a trade, and the owner and Karlsson really didn't trust each other or get along. If I was an owner and didn't trust a player, I wouldn't give him 11+ Mil a year either.. As much as that sucks to admit from a fans POV). They keep saying in order for a rebuild to be done right they need an influx of young talent to go with good, quality vets, well Mark Stone is really the only guy on our roster who matches that description (Duchene will be dealt, almost for sure).

Be great if he stayed. Good player. Good Leader. Good team mate.

Reactions: Alex1234

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I have a feeling that Stone will want to stay, but we won't be able to sign him.

I find it highly suspect that we were supposedly so close on a long term extension, but couldn't get it done prior to arbitration. That tells me there must have been some sort of road block. There was lots of time to negotiate. I'm guessing it's something like bonus structure. Pure guess on my part, I would bet that term and AAV is not an issue, but that ownership will not sign off on a deal with the bonus structure Stone's side wants, and Stone's side won't do a deal without the safety of signing bonuses to make him buyout proof.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I am skeptical we will get good value for Duchene because Dorion will be, as usual, screwed from both ends:

- His boss will tell him he can't take money back
- The other GM will know he has no leverage so they are going to have their way with him

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am skeptical we will get good value for Duchene because Dorion will be, as usual, screwed from both ends:

- The other GM will know he has no leverage so they are going to have their way with him

While those are very good points, there is a third that bears mentioning; he's also bad at his job.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Deadline is a different ball game though.
Duchene will likely be the best asset on the market. Literally all Dorion has to do is moderate a bidding war. At the deadline he will only be owed what? Like 3Mil? Doubt we would have to take salary back.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Stone will sign. No doubt. Duchene less likely

I think Stone wants to stay but, at the same time, he wants to cash in.

So we will ship him. We don't pay star players unless we are under extreme duress (the Bobby Ryan situation). It is quite clear management and ownership don't give a **** about what the fans think so they won't blink at the opportunity to cut costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad