Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
What is Duchesne? An impress eyeball player who is on permanent horrid teams?

Is he the Oli Jokinen of this generation?? Scary to track his teams end of seasons standings, they always underachiev / tank.

I’m nervous about signing him up long term. He doesn’t have that winning pedigree I want in my top forwards (Ryan, Hoffman don’t have that pedigree either and to many of these guys sink teams)

I loved Havlat, but Alfie and Hossa had the winning pedigree on this teams. Havlat was the most fun to watch, just feeling Duche is in this same boat - all style, no substance

Guess you don't remember Havlat in the playoffs for us vs Tampa. Duchene has been excellent for us. And a good pro. If he wants to stay I'd love to have him back.

Reactions: gab6511 and Cosmix

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Duchene has been a dynamic player in my eyes. Who we let go for him never had that sort of flash, strength. I hope he wants to stay.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Guess you don't remember Havlat in the playoffs for us vs Tampa. Duchene has been excellent for us. And a good pro. If he wants to stay I'd love to have him back.

Great, now I read this and it has made me sad that Havlat got injured early in that season when he was on fire.

With regards to Tuna's point though, I think you need many different things to win. You need the Alfie type - ala Stone, the best "team" forward that elevates the play of everyone - and you need the Havlat type - a player that can single-handedly make a difference in tight games. I see Duchene as somewhere in the middle.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Trade Ryan to Calgary with 1.25 retained for Brouwer and Stone
Trade Pittsburgh’s first and Burrows to Arizona for Hjalmarsson
Trade Smith and Ceci
Sign Valteri Filpulla for one year at 3 million
Sign Brad Richardson for one year at 1 million
Extend Stone, Duchene, Karlsson and Hjalmarsson
Hope to get a LW for Ceci who can play on the 2nd/3rd line

Hoffman Duchene Stone
XXX Filpulla Gaborik
Dzingel Pageau White
Pyatt Richardson Brouwer
McCormick

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Chabot Stone
Boro Wideman
Harpur

Andy
Condon

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
That would be a dream off-season I say to the previous poster, I think we will buy out Gaborik this summer though.

My plan includes buying him our next off season. Risky though if he gets hurt and you have to put him on LTIR.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Trade Smith and Ceci

Hoffman Duchene Stone
XXX Filpulla Gaborik
Dzingel Pageau White
Pyatt Richardson Brouwer
McCormick

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Chabot Stone
Boro Wideman
Harpur

Andy
Condon

Hello lottery pick...

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hello lottery pick...

If we get better goaltending we could be ok. I don’t expect to make the playoffs with that roster, but we shouldn’t be awful. If Colorado gets our pick next year and it’s in the 10-15 range, I’m ok with that. My plan is to be competitive 2-3 years from now. We give our young’s like Brown, Chlapik, Batherson, Formenton time to develop in the meantime. If we’re out of it by the deadline we can move guys like Filppula, Richardson, Pyatt to get some picks.

We build around Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Hoffman. That’s not a bad core.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm confident Anderson can bounce back, because he has played so hot in his good games. It shows me he is still a goalie capable of a high level of play, and what we need is to sort out why he is so bad in his bad games. Would I erase his extension if I could? Sure. That'd be the safer road. But he's untradable at this point. With that said, I don't think it's over for him. I think he can have another good year.

Anderson has been a really strange goalie in the new year. Looking at his save percentage doesn't really tell the full story, because he's actually had more good games than bad.

He's played 22 games. In 14 of those games, his "good" performances, he's had what works out to almost a .930 save percentage (.9298 to be exact). In Anderson's 14 "good" games, his four lowest save percentages have been .909, .912, .917, and .917. In the other 10 of those games, his save percentage hasn't dipped below .920.

The problem is that when Anderson has bad games, he is awful. In his 8 games where he posted below a .900 save percentage, he's had an roughly an .841 save percentage.

So it's clear that so far in the new year, when Anderson is bad, he's awful, when he's good he is mostly fantastic. I don't know how much every other goalie varies in performance and how normal it is to have a goalie who for 6/10 games players like an absolute Vezina tier stud, and the other roughly 4/10 plays like an ECHL chump.

The main reason this gives me hope that Anderson isn't done, is that it shows he is still capable of playing at a high level. No goalie who is done would be capable of having as many excellent games as Anderson has had in 2018. Clearly, whatever is happening this season with Anderson is a consistency issue, and not an ability issue.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What is Duchesne? An impress eyeball player who is on permanent horrid teams?

Is he the Oli Jokinen of this generation?? Scary to track his teams end of seasons standings, they always underachiev / tank.

I’m nervous about signing him up long term. He doesn’t have that winning pedigree I want in my top forwards (Ryan, Hoffman don’t have that pedigree either and to many of these guys sink teams)

I loved Havlat, but Alfie and Hossa had the winning pedigree on this teams. Havlat was the most fun to watch, just feeling Duche is in this same boat - all style, no substance

I see what you're saying. Avs fans did say Duchene tends to disappear a lot, and puts too much pressure on himself. Seeing him go red hot as soon as we're (realistically) out of the playoff race certainly lends credibility to that.

I would really rather wait until next January (or later) before offering him a new contract. I need to see how he plays over an extended period when the games matter. Duchene 's next contract will be a big investment for any team...we need to be sure we know what we have in him.

Reactions: topshelf15

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I see what you're saying. Avs fans did say Duchene tends to disappear a lot, and puts too much pressure on himself. Seeing him go red hot as soon as we're (realistically) out of the playoff race certainly lends credibility to that.

I would really rather wait until next January (or later) before offering him a new contract. I need to see how he plays over an extended period when the games matter. Duchene 's next contract will be a big investment for any team...we need to be sure we know what we have in him.

Disgaree.

We gave up a lot of assets for him.

Retain him almost no matter what. I mean I can't imagine he'll be asking for more than 7 per.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Gaborik + a 4th

drum roll

Spezza 3 m retained

Spezza for 1 season @ 4.5 million could a be a good stop gap until we can find a long term solution for our 2nd line center position. Could also be dealt at the deadline to a contender like Brassard. Gaborik would still be a buyout option for Dallas

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Gaborik + a 4th

drum roll

Spezza 3 m retained

Spezza for 1 season @ 4.5 million could a be a good stop gap until we can find a long term solution for our 2nd line center position. Could also be dealt at the deadline to a contender like Brassard. Gaborik would still be a buyout option for Dallas

Why in the world would Dallas do that? For a 4rth round pick lol

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Disgaree.

We gave up a lot of assets for him.

Retain him almost no matter what. I mean I can't imagine he'll be asking for more than 7 per.

This would pretty much be the complete antithesis to the approach a retooling team should take.

Guys like EK and Stone have proven they can compete on a regular level, even Hoffman to a certain extent, but we can't keep handing out contracts based on past or short-term productivity. Otherwise we'll get stuck in the same mediocrity loop we've been in for ages now.

The fact that Dorion gave up too many assets for him shouldn't handcuff the team into making further mistakes, and I agree we should give Duchene until next trade deadline to prove he can perform for more than a month at a time.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm confident Anderson can bounce back, because he has played so hot in his good games. It shows me he is still a goalie capable of a high level of play, and what we need is to sort out why he is so bad in his bad games. Would I erase his extension if I could? Sure. That'd be the safer road. But he's untradable at this point. With that said, I don't think it's over for him. I think he can have another good year.

Anderson has been a really strange goalie in the new year. Looking at his save percentage doesn't really tell the full story, because he's actually had more good games than bad.

He's played 22 games. In 14 of those games, his "good" performances, he's had what works out to almost a .930 save percentage (.9298 to be exact). In Anderson's 14 "good" games, his four lowest save percentages have been .909, .912, .917, and .917. In the other 10 of those games, his save percentage hasn't dipped below .920.

The problem is that when Anderson has bad games, he is awful. In his 8 games where he posted below a .900 save percentage, he's had an roughly an .841 save percentage.

So it's clear that so far in the new year, when Anderson is bad, he's awful, when he's good he is mostly fantastic. I don't know how much every other goalie varies in performance and how normal it is to have a goalie who for 6/10 games players like an absolute Vezina tier stud, and the other roughly 4/10 plays like an ECHL chump.

The main reason this gives me hope that Anderson isn't done, is that it shows he is still capable of playing at a high level. No goalie who is done would be capable of having as many excellent games as Anderson has had in 2018. Clearly, whatever is happening this season with Anderson is a consistency issue, and not an ability issue.

You know, it should be said more often, but you’re an excellent poster.

Reactions: thinkwild

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

this has been the story of our season.

22 games. 44 possible points.

without looking it up, I'm guessing in the 14 good games we got 22 points roughly. then in the 8 games we may have got a point or two and that doesn't add up to enough.

that 900 save percentage means for every 920 game you have an 880 game and the 880 game doesn't cut it.

if he had 2 bad games, even 3, out of 22 starts that would be 5 more games where the goaltending is good enough to win and that's another 6 or more points. Add it up and it's 30 points out of a possible 44 and that clearly gets you in.

Throw Condon into the mix with his 900 save percentage and that's our season.

Goalies are going to have games where they are not good enough for you to get points. But when we're talking 8 out of 22 games, it's happening more frequently that what we need to be in the playoff mix.

some of the save percentage has been impacted by our tire fire defence but some of the flip side is that goaltending is impacting momentum and causing us to chase games where we shouldn' have to.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Trade Smith and Ceci

Hoffman Duchene Stone
XXX Filpulla Gaborik
Dzingel Pageau White
Pyatt Richardson Brouwer
McCormick

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Chabot Stone
Boro Wideman
Harpur

Andy
Condon

lol dear god

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
It's all good, maybe I have been letting my emotions get the better part of me, I have been ruffling a few feathers this week.

Just send a PM to one of the Mods. You can have a private discussion with them about who your source is, and then they can come on here and tell us that it is legit. You absolutely do not need to reveal anything to us. They'll loop in the other mods if they deem it to be necessary.

If you don't know how to send a PM, just find a post from a mod, and click on the little downward poining arrow beside their username. Under that menu it will say "Start a New Conversation."

I've done it before and I've never questioned the confidentiality nor had any concerns about it, and no joke, my entire professional career has to do with confidentiality, so I actually can say that with the weight of 8 years of working in a job that requires me to keep secrets.

Polansky

Apr 5, 2007
Trade Smith and Ceci

Hoffman Duchene Stone
XXX Filpulla Gaborik
Dzingel Pageau White
Pyatt Richardson Brouwer
McCormick

Hjalmarsson Karlsson
Chabot Stone
Boro Wideman
Harpur

Andy
Condon
Haha, no wonder you are always so sour with real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce