Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
1. His 91-goals over the last four seasons are 22nd best in the NHL; on a rate-basis, that’s identical to Joe Pavelski and Filip Forsberg
2. He is on pace for his 4th consecutive 20+ goal season
3. He carries a $5.1mm AAV cap hit through 2019-20
4. Ottawa is +39 in goals with him on the ice;

2nd in the team in points for the 2017-18 season, tied for 2nd in goals.
2nd in the team in points for the 2016-17 season, 2nd in goals (1st was Turris by 1 goal, hes gone)
3rd in the team in points for the 2015-16 season, 1st in goals.
5th in the team in points for the 2014-15 season, 1st in goals. (His first full season)
Overall the last 4 years he is our 3rd leading point getter, only behind Stone and Karlsson. 192 points in 266 games.
1st in goals with 91.
1st in Powerplay goals with 27, the 2nd highest is Stone with only 16.
1st in Game winning goals with 16.
1st in the team in points per 60 min.
2nd in the team in shots, behind Karlsson of course.

get

Taken from other blogs.

He is going to be 29 next year. All of those stats you mention will start to decline. That's ancient on HF. Get us some prospects please!

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Thomas + Fabbri and a pick is the only type of deal I would entertain for Hoffman. People seriously underestimate this guys talent. On a team with a bona fide first line center this guy will put up 30+ goals easily and be a hawk on the power play.

I don't want to lose him unless someone over pays for him.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and Cosmix

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Thomas + Fabbri and a pick is the only type of deal I would entertain for Hoffman. People seriously underestimate this guys talent. On a team with a bona fide first line center this guy will put up 30+ goals easily and be a hawk on the power play.

I don't want to lose him unless someone over pays for him.
Couldn’t disagree more. Hoffman is probably the most one dimensional player in the entire league. I don’t think he’ll ever score 30. Hes already past his prime and does nothing without the puck, so will never get great ice time.

I mean look at Kessel who can’t even score 30 goals with Crosby and Malkin .

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Couldn’t disagree more. Hoffman is probably the most one dimensional player in the entire league. I don’t think he’ll ever score 30. Hes already past his prime and does nothing without the puck, so will never get great ice time.

Now that there is trade talk of Hoffman, this guy hates him :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kessel has 2 cups

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Now that there is trade talk of Hoffman, this guy hates him :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kessel has 2 cups
What? I wasn’t shitting on Kessel. My point was, he’s a much better player and goal scorer than Hoffman and he can’t hit 30 in Pittsburgh with Crosby and malkin, so what makes us think Hoffman will on another team with a better 1st line centre?

Also I have always disliked Hoffman’s shinny game. Doesn’t fly on a winning team

Last edited by a moderator:

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa

Kessel doesn't have the same amount of talent Hoffman does imo. Kessel is still putting up an almost point a game pace with Pittsburgh so using him as a comparable to play down Hoffman is strange to me.

When you hear other guys around the league (and especially goalies) talk about their most feared shooters Hoffman is right there in the conversation with players like Tarasenko.

Hoffman sees the ice really well and could be a consistent 60+ point player (at least for a few more seasons) on a team that doesn't just dump the puck in deep every play like we do.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Kessel doesn't have the same amount of talent Hoffman does imo. Kessel is still putting up an almost point a game pace with Pittsburgh so using him as a comparable to play down Hoffman is strange to me.

When you hear other guys around the league (and especially goalies) talk about their most feared shooters Hoffman is right there in the conversation with players like Tarasenko.

Hoffman sees the ice really well and could be a consistent 60+ point player (at least for a few more seasons) on a team that doesn't just dump the puck in deep every play like we do.
Hoffman has poor vision and hockey IQ. He has a great shot, but misses the net a lot and has very poor body language and mopes when things aren’t going well.

Hoffman is a good player but will never be a core player or star. Suggesting he’s more talented than Kessel is just wrong

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
What? I wasn’t ****ting on Kessel. My point was, he’s a much better player and goal scorer than Hoffman

I guarantee you wouldn't have made that argument if Kessel was still part of a bottom 5 Leafs teams.
Also I have always disliked Hoffman’s shinny game. Doesn’t fly on a winning team

Yeah, like Kessel doesn't fly on a winning Pittsburgh team.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I guarantee you wouldn't have made that argument when Kessel was part of the bottom 5 Leafs teams.

Yeah, like Kessel doesn't fly on a winning Pittsburgh team.
Ok I have no clue what you’re talking about. I said Hoffman’s style doesn’t fly on a winning team and I said Kessel is a much better player than Hoffman. Kessel doesn’t play Hoffman’s style

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Lol Hoffman will score 30-35 if traded to a team with legit center.

If we trade him it better be for an excellent package.
There’s a reason Hoffman doesn’t pay with a top centre, it’s bexause he likes to hog the puck and shoot from the outside . He won’t work with a better centre who carries the puck

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Nevertheless we shouldnt trade anyone until the deadline or if the deal is excellent, like Thomas+Fabbri for Hoffman

We should maintain status quo, if the team really is shit then it will only help our standings in the lottery picks, then we make some smart asset management in deadline by dealing guys like Hoffman, Ceci, Brassard for younger counterparts.

I still think the best bet is to go hard hard after a guy like Draisaitl.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Dumb to move Hoffman, a flawed player, yes. But goal scorers are not easy to find in this league. We have bigger problems than Mike Hoffman. There is no need to gut this team over this season. Just regroup with a fresh start next year, a healthy Karlsson (if he isn't traded) and other upgrades ,like younger legs and goodbye to the likes of Burrows, Smith and possibly Phaneuf.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
No I didn’t. At all. Learn how to read .

People need to stop suggesting Hoffman is this huge goal scorer. What’s his average like 24 a year?

I need to learn how to read? The first person to mention Kessel and why Hoffman can't hit 30 is you:

To reiterate what you said: learn how to read.

You don't get to use Kessel to make an argument, and then claim that he isn't comparable to Hoffman when people use your comparison against you.

Reactions: BondraTime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No I didn’t. At all. Learn how to read .

People need to stop suggesting Hoffman is this huge goal scorer. What’s his average like 24 a year?
His average over the past 3 seasons over an 82 game season is 29. His actual average is 27.5.

14-15 - 27 goals, 28.02 per 82
15-16 - 29 goals, 30.5 per 82
16-17 - 26 goals, 28.81 per 82

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Wow

compare the draft pedigree

compare the career years

compare the career ppg

Kessel is a guy that has H of F potential should he remain productive for a few more years. he has a decent shot at 450 goals and 1000 points.

no they are not comparable

holy homerism batman

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Wow

compare the draft pedigree

compare the career years

compare the career ppg

Kessel is a guy that has H of F potential should he remain productive for a few more years. he has a decent shot at 450 goals and 1000 points.

no they are not comparable

holy homerism batman

I'm saying Kessel is the better player. That's why I said comparing them is weird when Kessel puts up the better numbers. I personally believe Hoffman has more goal scoring talent than Kessel and that that talent would shine with a really good center.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
What? I wasn’t ****ting on Kessel. My point was, he’s a much better player and goal scorer than Hoffman and he can’t hit 30 in Pittsburgh with Crosby and malkin, so what makes us think Hoffman will on another team with a better 1st line centre?

Hoffman has primarily been used on a checking line under Boucher with Pageau. He doesn't need to play with some stud elite center just consistently play him on an offensive line to see a bump to his already solid production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad