Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-2020 (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion has talked about how active he always is in trade talks.

I would bet he investigates a lot that doesn't pan out.

If Montreal is a front runner, driving up the price on them wouldn't hurt.

Gotta imagine either Batherson or our 1st would have to be part of the price.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm a big Laine fan but I'm afraid of the asking price for this guy.

Whatever you do, Dorion, just don't give up the Sens' 1st.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If the sens were serious i gotta think they have a solid chance at getting laine with all the elc type players and prospects we have.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Were not trading this years 1st round pick, and Laine isnt being traded without getting a 1st round pick from the upcoming draft (as a starting point). So I dont feasibly see how these two teams could work a deal out.

I hope we stay clear of this one tbh.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If we wanted to pony up the cash for Laine, we certainly have the most pieces for Winnipeg. I wouldn't want to give up the ELC guys for a ~10 million dollar caphit with the state of the Sens currently, but all of Batherson/Brown/SJ 1st/Brannstrom/White would be very appealing to Winnipeg.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Were not trading this years 1st round pick, and Laine isnt being traded without getting a 1st round pick from the upcoming draft (as a starting point). So I dont feasibly see how these two teams could work a deal out.

We have the Sharks 1st (along with a metric ton of other B/B+ assets).

Whether or not we should be making a move for Laine (or any other young/talented/expensive player) is certainly up for debate, but the lack of assets isn't gonna be the sticking point.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
We have the Sharks 1st (along with a metric ton of other B/B+ assets).

Whether or not we should be making a move for Laine (or any other young/talented/expensive player) is certainly up for debate, but the lack of assets isn't gonna be the sticking point.

I forgot about the Sharks 1st, so I suppose your right. It would defintely have to be a Karlsson like trade though (quantity over quality amirite!) as we cant afford to give a top prospect (like Batherson) at this stage of the rebuild.

Personally, I think we should just stay the course and forget about Laine. I would be more interested in Poolparty myself, considering the cost of acquiring them.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Yeah, Pierre would never trade our 1st this early in the year. He would at least wait until early November before dealing it.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yeah, Pierre would never trade our 1st this early in the year. He would at least wait until early November before dealing it.

Im terrified at the thought of this team winning a bunch of games in October, and then declaring the rebuild to be over...

Thats basically what happened to us back in 2012, when we should have had another year or two of misery before we started competing again.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
If it comes down to a pick/prospect bidding war Ottawa can outgun Montreal. As with most other posters, I'm really not sure I'd want it to.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Rumors seem to suggest WPG wants 2 1sts and a roster player/ NHL-ready prospect for Laine. Which is weird, considering they should be in "win now" mode. Might just be people throwing shit against the wall.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Rumors seem to suggest WPG wants 2 1sts and a roster player/ NHL-ready prospect for Laine. Which is weird, considering they should be in "win now" mode. Might just be people throwing **** against the wall.

Yeah.. I remember what we wanted for Karlsson when our backs were against the wall.. they wont be getting all of that imo.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Rumors seem to suggest WPG wants 2 1sts and a roster player/ NHL-ready prospect for Laine. Which is weird, considering they should be in "win now" mode. Might just be people throwing **** against the wall.

I'd probably offer a package that looks something like:
- Tierney
- Demelo
- Balcers
- Norris
- our 2nd rounder this year (roughly equivalent to a late 1st rounder)
- our 3rd rounder next year (roughly equivalent to a late 2nd rounder)

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I'd probably offer a package that looks something like:
- Tierney
- Demelo
- Balcers
- Norris
- our 2nd rounder this year (roughly equivalent to a late 1st rounder)
- our 3rd rounder next year (roughly equivalent to a late 2nd rounder)
Don t go in the Jets board with that proposal

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad