Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The league set the standard in how they operated the Coyotes. Don't think the case can be definitively made yet.

I guess, but they still hired competent execs. Cutting costs on player salaries to avoid being unable to have player checks clear is probably considered fair game. Just like how tanking short term to be better long term is fine. The Coyotes still do things that can be framed as healthy long term and necessary for the survival of the team.

Like I said, it's a tough case to prove, but the league can definitely put pressure on teams that they feel are not acting in good faith.

Reactions: Sensung

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Stone will stay 100% its a coin toss on Dzingel and I think Duchene is all but gone

I think that’s the ideal scenario. We aren’t winning now, we don’t really need Duchene and the cap hit he will bring. Ideally one of Brown, Batherson or Norris will be able to step in and fill his role, with White already cementing the other top 6 centre role.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If I had to guess:
- Both Stone and Duchene are traded. The returns will leave a lot of the fanbase angry.
- Dzingel will be re-signed to an overpaid contract in a desperate effort from management to try and save face by "proving" to the fanbase that we can retain our "top players".

Realistic best-case scenario:
- we somehow find a way to convince Stone to stay
- we don't take pennies on the dollar in Duchene & Dzingel trades, and actually get back something of value.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Stone will stay 100% its a coin toss on Dzingel and I think Duchene is all but gone

Stone stated if the "others" ie Karlsson/Duchene/Dzingel? resigned it would make his decision easier.
Karlsson - Gone
Duchene - Gone
Dzingel - ?

so...

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
What do you base Stone being 100% to stay?

Im pretty sure the plan was always to keep one

Its telling that no one is talking about trading Stone in the main stream media

The dialogue about re signing Stone is completely different then Duchene who now basically sounds the same as Karlsson and we know how that turned out

Stone will be signed in the next 2 weeks I'd bet anything on that

Last edited:

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I think that’s the ideal scenario. We aren’t winning now, we don’t really need Duchene and the cap hit he will bring. Ideally one of Brown, Batherson or Norris will be able to step in and fill his role, with White already cementing the other top 6 centre role.

Agreed & Im all-in for re-couping assets for Duchene and using the funds to re-up Dzingel

Sens could have up 7-8 picks in the 1st two rounds over the next 2 years

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

The dialogue about re signing Stone is completely different then Duchene who now basically sounds the same as Karlsson and we know how that turned out

Thanks for laying out your reasoning.

I think it ignores the crucial factor of why Stone would want to re-sign here, even with a potential overpayment, but I get where you are coming from.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Definitely not the ideal scenario for Mark Stone.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I love to see what the team what can I do with a good goalie. So if Duchene is trade to Columbus I love to have Brobrosky

Bobrovsky isn't signing here.

If we can't sign Duchene, zero chance we can meet the contractual expectations of a comparable star who will be looking for 7 years at similar money to Duchene with a full NTC and generous buyout proof signing bonuses.

If we do a deal with Columbus, it'll be because they've found a buyer willing to pay them for Panarin, and Duchene is willing to extend with CBJ. It'll likely be a similar return to what Colorado (initially before our pick became an amazing piece) got for Duchene, where by leveraging a pending UFA in Panarin CBJ is able to give us 5-6 good pieces, but nothing blue chip. (Girard was a really good piece, but not a blue chip top prospect).

If the Columbus thing works out that way, I would imagine we probably get two playoff 1sts, a good prospect (Like Norris tier, not a blue chip guy), we take a roster player from someone, and then we get a couple 2nds or 3rds. I do not think we're getting a top piece in that kind of trade, just a whole bunch of quantity. We probably end up with a better return than we got for Karlsson purely on the basis that a signed Duchene is worth more than an unsigned Karlsson despite Duchene being the inferior player.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Hopefully not.

Stone is a guy we should see competing in high stakes games, he's built for it. Why waste your prime when you have so much opportunity.

Depends if you think staying is a waste besides ownership being the real issue this team has young talent and a handful of picks and prospects coming

Reactions: Xspyrit

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
If I had to guess:
- Both Stone and Duchene are traded. The returns will leave a lot of the fanbase angry.
- Dzingel will be re-signed to an overpaid contract in a desperate effort from management to try and save face by "proving" to the fanbase that we can retain our "top players".

Realistic best-case scenario:
- we somehow find a way to convince Stone to stay
- we don't take pennies on the dollar in Duchene & Dzingel trades, and actually get back something of value.

Honestly, if money is the issue but Melnyk wants to Wirtz the franchise for the next few years, then I just wish they would be honest about it and build a strategy around it.

ie: okay, we can only afford 60 mil per year. Instead of it being a per year amount, I would aim for 60 mil as an avgg and for the next few years I would run in the low 50s in actual salary and nest egg the rest for when we are more competitive and need to resign the young stars.

Therefore, trade one of Duchene/Stone to detroit for Zetterberg, Kronwall and Franzen, and then trim salary as needed to get to the floor, with the Detroit players filling cap space but not nearly the actual salary to match.

IMO this next egg will have a much bigger impact than the pick and prospect we might get back instead.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Depends if you think staying is a waste besides ownership being the real issue this team has young talent and a handful of picks and prospects coming
We have an average pool of talent, but that may change after the deadline. The corner won't be turned here for years and he would be writing off at least 2-3 seasons at his most effective age. I'd want to go to a playoff team if i were him.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

There is no plan. Their "plan" would be to keep all 3. However it's up to the players if they want to play in this shithole.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Agreed & Im all-in for re-couping assets for Duchene and using the funds to re-up Dzingel

Sens could have up 7-8 picks in the 1st two rounds over the next 2 years

Or we could have a virtually guaranteed top 3 pick this draft as the player we traded the pick for is walking away lmao.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Definitely not the ideal scenario for Mark Stone.

What if he believes in the young players coming up and would like to be the captain and leader of these young kids coming up?

You, nor I, have any idea what is the ideal scenario for Mark Stone. I was stating the best case, in my opinion of course, for the team.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What if he believes in the young players coming up and would like to be the captain and leader of these young kids coming up?

You, nor I, have any idea what is the ideal scenario for Mark Stone. I was stating the best case, in my opinion of course, for the team.
What if he believes in getting 9.5$ million per year playing in Manhattan or Orange County, or Miami? Playing for real NHL teams with real governance structures.

I know what I would do

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don t care Try him for the rest of the season and maybe he like to play for us

So when he walks, at the end of the season, and becomes an UFA, it would be like letting Duchene go, for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad