Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Mark Stone is absolutely an elite player. Just look at the numbers he put up here playing with primarily trash. He turned an absolute sea urchin in Zack Smith into a 25 goal guy on a line with Pageau. He's a Selke calibre winger. Went to Vegas, became their best player. Plays for team Canada at world's, is their best player.

This really shouldn't be up for debate. Stone is in the type of company that Alfredsson was in went he was elite. Absolute 2 way stud.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It was a fun run with that core to the ECF, but its time to move on. Its like game of thrones man, its over. It sucked how it finished but had some epic moments along the way, now its time to move on and find something new.

very well said :clap:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Right, it’s over. Let’s learn from our mistakes and not have the same morons in charge then.
Yup. We're just going to be back in the same spot in a few years after they've pissed their budget away again and forced another rebuild. It's less about what happened than it is the same idiots running the village going forward.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Didn't you hear?

The Sens are going to be sold.
Maybe we'll get lucky and get some real Senators rumors.

Give us some of that real juicy gossip about the fringe 4th liner we can barely afford and then roll him out there for a press conference, culminating in a season of unparalleled excitement for the Belleville Senators.

Followed shortly by the Cody Ceci extension nobody wants to see.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If I wanted to minimize him, that was definitely not my best attempt at it. Im not afraid to call it like I see it, and wont tip toe around it.

Stone was an elite player, super fun to watch, and by the end he was the heart and soul of our team. It was incredibly hard to see him leave.

But you and a large portion of the fan base have a romanticized view of him now that hes gone. Hes not a super star, hes just a very high end winger with tremendous character. Karlsson is this teams only true superstar that has left us in their prime.

I for one wont be stuck reminiscing about the "good old days" of Stone, Karlsson, Hoffman and Duchene when we were making noise in the playoffs and simultaneously self imploding. We were somehow equal parts amazing and horrendous.

It was a fun run with that core to the ECF, but its time to move on. Its like game of thrones man, its over. It sucked how it finished but had some epic moments along the way, now its time to move on and find something new.

The guy is roughly top 15 among wingers in pts per game over the last two seasons and just finished 2nd in selke voting. Look at Tavares, Eichel, Scheifele, Matthews, and Panarin over the same period and thats the kind of productuon he has given, all the while with a complete two way game. Are those guys not superstars either?

I mean, if its just a matter of you finding people are too loose with the term superstar, fine, but he is getting similar hype to players producing and playing at a similar level imo. Nobody is putting him on a pedestal with Crosby Kucherov McKinnon and McDavid.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Maybe we'll get lucky and get some real Senators rumors.

Give us some of that real juicy gossip about the fringe 4th liner we can barely afford and then roll him out there for a press conference, culminating in a season of unparalleled excitement for the Belleville Senators.

Followed shortly by the Cody Ceci extension nobody wants to see.
Bingo, this franchise is dead in the water...EM needs to leave ,or its more tarps

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Friedman says teams haven't forgotten about how Vegas leveraged them at the expansion draft.

Wonder if that effect us and taking Clarkson.

The senators will probably acquire Clarkson and Reaves and get a unprotected 2020 1st and 2020 2nd for doing that.

Maybe Ottawa could push for a 2020 and 2021 1st but that might be a bit much for Vegas.

Reactions: Clayonator

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yup. We're just going to be back in the same spot in a few years after they've pissed their budget away again and forced another rebuild. It's less about what happened than it is the same idiots running the village going forward.
Remains to be seen. But I am not going to be miserable waiting to find out

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The guy is roughly top 15 among wingers in pts per game over the last two seasons and just finished 2nd in selke voting. Look at Tavares, Eichel, Scheifele, Matthews, and Panarin over the same period and thats the kind of productuon he has given, all the while with a complete two way game. Are those guys not superstars either?

I mean, if its just a matter of you finding people are too loose with the term superstar, fine, but he is getting similar hype to players producing and playing at a similar level imo. Nobody is putting him on a pedestal with Crosby Kucherov McKinnon and McDavid.

I guess thats pretty much it. A superstar is someone whos minimum top 5 at their position in the league, or are trending that way. Someone who has some trophies or will likely challenge for them.

Were seeing a peak Mark Stone right now, and its absolutely worthy of a top 15 spot for wingers. A selke candidate. But I think its blinding people a bit and inflating everything that he did prior to that in their eyes. Hes had some streaky-ish years here in both the regular season and playoffs.

And I have some major objections to people putting him in the same category as Alfredsson, for one thing. Thats a freaking joke tbh.

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Here's a thought, what if we trade for Luongo and buy him out? He would do it because if he retires he walks away from all money left on the table, this way he gets paid.
Actual Cost - Cap Hit
$402,000 - $3,499,733 (19/20)
$402,000 - $4,025,033 (20/21)
$402,000 - $4,025,033 (21/22)
$402,000 - $341,700 (22/23)
$402,000 - $341,700 (23/24)
$402,000 - $341,700 (24/25)
$2,412,000 - $12,574,899

Might be able to snag a decent prospect and pick out of it.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Here's a thought, what if we trade for Luongo and buy him out? He would do it because if he retires he walks away from all money left on the table, this way he gets paid.
Actual Cost - Cap Hit
$402,000 - $3,499,733 (19/20)
$402,000 - $4,025,033 (20/21)
$402,000 - $4,025,033 (21/22)
$402,000 - $341,700 (22/23)
$402,000 - $341,700 (23/24)
$402,000 - $341,700 (24/25)
$2,412,000 - $12,574,899

Might be able to snag a decent prospect and pick out of it.
I don't think Florida has much of a reason to do it. They only get around 1M of the cap recapture penalty, while Vancouver gets the rest as they gave him the contract. And he's already announced his retirement, I wonder if the NHL would have an issue with that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I guess thats pretty much it. A superstar is someone whos minimum top 5 at their position in the league, or are trending that way. Someone who has some trophies or will likely challenge for them.

Were seeing a peak Mark Stone right now, and its absolutely worthy of a top 15 spot for wingers. A selke candidate. But I think its blinding people a bit and inflating everything that he did prior to that in their eyes. Hes had some streaky-ish years here in both the regular season and playoffs.

And I have some major objections to people putting him in the same category as a Alfredsson, for one thing. Thats a freaking joke tbh.
Stone is certainly further ahead at the same age compared to Alfredsson.

As for top 5 at his possition, he probably isn't too far off if you look at RW. He is 7th in pts per game among RW over the last 2 seasons but with a much better defensive game than Kessel or Kane ahead of him.

I'd peg him comfortably as a to 10 RW. Top 5 is imo pushing it. That said, i am a bit more lenient with the term super star. I think he us probably in the top 5% of nhl players (roughly 30 to 35 players) which is enough for me.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I don't think Florida has much of a reason to do it. They only get around 1M of the cap recapture penalty, while Vancouver gets the rest as they gave him the contract. And he's already announced his retirement, I wonder if the NHL would have an issue with that.

Then make a 3 way trade.
Ottawa, Florida and Vancouver.

They didnt have an issue with Detroit trading Datsyuks contract or Prongers or Hossa etc

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Friedman says teams haven't forgotten about how Vegas leveraged them at the expansion draft.

Wonder if that effect us and taking Clarkson.
It sure didn't stop us from sending them an elite talent

I don't think we will look to do Vegas any favours but if they come to us with another mutually beneficial deal, I am sure we will be all ears

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I don't think we will look to do Vegas any favours but if they come to us with another mutually beneficial deal, I am sure we will be all ears

For a significantly higher price than any other team was willing to pay.

The situations are very different this time around, given that Vegas are the ones with their back up against the wall (as opposed to Ottawa with Methot and Stone). I don't think it'll matter since PD has already proven he's spineless countless times before, but this seems like the perfect time to leverage their situation in to a little bit of "payback".

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Luongo retiring is unprecedented in the current cap era. Usually players his age LTIRetire rather than leaving cash on the table. Too bad for the Senators, it seemed like it could have been one of the best opportunities to take a bad contract.

I would guess that either he has a ton of loyalty to the Panthers, or he was set to pass his physical and wasn't comfortable with the idea of being demoted to the AHL if he didn't make the team. He did not have a NMC.

Not a bad ending for the Panthers. The cap recapture for them is better than having him on LTIR, and better than giving up assets to pay a team to have him on LTIR.

I figured he'd LTIRetire, and the Panthers would pay to have someone take the contract. That is what always seems to happen.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

His advanced stats production put him as the third best forward in the NHL this season. It was very obvious the positive impact he had on the team in every single facet. No one is romantisizing him its just certain posters lacked the ability to see the elite player he was.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Vegas did us dirty twice. First at the expansion draft, and then according to Lebrun at the deadline when they got the deal for Stone set out in principal and then turned the tables at the last minute requesting an extension be part of it.

In their defense, we apparently lead them along with Karlsson for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad