Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
We should trade all of our bad players for good players.

giphy.gif

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
[MOD]

Im all seriousness I just hope they dont trade any Sens picks unless its to move up to a higher pick

Last edited by a moderator:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
[MOD]

Im all seriousness I just hope they dont trade any Sens picks unless its to move up to a higher pick

I don't even want that remember when they moved up to take Noesen and I wanted them to draft Saad in the second. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Smith (1M retained)
Ceci
CBJ 1st 2019
SJ 1st 2020
Logan Brown

For

Our 1st back
+ 1 or 2 NHL contracts to even things out

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Trading picks wouldn't be bad if it is for the right player. As in someone young enough, cost controlled, and with term.

O'Reilly would be an example of that. The Blues traded what basically amounted to a 1st and Tage Thompson for him last off season. At the time, he had 5 years left at 7.5M, was 27 years old, and consistently put up 20 goal-60 point type seasons playing against the top competition of other teams while being excellent defensively.

The Blues could keep Ryan O'Reilly for 2-3 seasons, and if it doesn't work out flip him for a 1st and a prospect. Basically, get back what they gave up for him while benefiting from having him on their roster.

That's the kind of deal we should be looking for. Huberdeau is the only player that has been rumoured to be available that fits that profile. The only reason we'd get him for anything close to what O'Reilly went for is if the Panthers are zeroing in on Panarin/Bobrovsky and feel they have to move Huberdeau and/or Hoffman before July 1st (Huberdeau's full NMC kicks in at that point).

(If we acquire Huberdeau, we would not have to honor his NMC)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Smith (1M retained)
Ceci
CBJ 1st 2019
SJ 1st 2020
Logan Brown

For

Our 1st back
+ 1 or 2 NHL contracts to even things out

Not enough if it ends up being 1st overall.

Colorado was offered 6th overall, and two mid/late 1sts for the 1st overall in 2013 (MacKinnon) and they said no.

They also have no real reason to trade it at this point. Teams just don't do that.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Duchene tank commanding his 3rd team in two years.

Remember when Duchene said Marty Raymond was the only coach in NHL history to have the worst and worst - Duchene is the only player in NHL history to tank 3 teams in 2 years.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

Remember when Duchene said Marty Raymond was the only coach in NHL history to have the worst and worst - Duchene is the only player in NHL history to tank 3 teams in 2 years.
Columbus is going to bump out Montreal for the final wildcard, their team is too good not to. Also, Duchene has nothing to do with their slump..

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Columbus is going to bump out Montreal for the final wildcard, their team is too good not to. Also, Duchene has nothing to do with their slump..

Duchene just has a knack for collapsing teams. If they don’t beat out Montreal that would be a disaster, but disaster seems to follow Duchene around

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I know you don’t believe this, which is why it’s so hard to accept this post

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So I was reading the previous trade rumours thread and read numerous people say they want Gronberg and were putting down the idea of Ducharme.

Have many of you had the opportunity to watch the style of play gronberg coachs? I havent so I am curious. I am assuming atleast a few of you have to have so many people wanting him as a coach. So if you have id love to hear why you think he is a good fit. Thanks!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So I was reading the previous trade rumours thread and read numerous people say they want Gronberg and were putting down the idea of Ducharme.

Have many of you had the opportunity to watch the style of play gronberg coachs? I havent so I am curious. I am assuming atleast a few of you have to have so many people wanting him as a coach. So if you have id love to hear why you think he is a good fit. Thanks!

The few Ducharme detractors were crying about targetting a Francophone. It was meaningless: they just value a Swede more than French Canadian for no real good reason.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The few Ducharme detractors were crying about targetting a Francophone. It was meaningless: they just value a Swede more than French Canadian for no real good reason.

Oh ok, I figured if people had strong opinions they would have something tangible to base it on. I am interested to hear about Gronberg though, so if anyone has any input it would be appreciated.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

People were putting down Ducharme?

It's tough to judge Gronborg, admittedly, because coaching a collection of "all-stars" on national teams, is an entirely different challenge than what he would face in the NHL. One aspect that I like about Gronborg though is that he's had success coaching kids (U18 and World Juniors) as well as veterans (World Championships, Olympics, ect). Gives me some hope that he could be our first coach since Martin to both cultivate young talent while getting the best out of them for immediate results.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

We must have been reading different threads. That seems like an exaggeration based on the last few pages of the trade value thread, unless it was discussed elsewhere and I'm missing something.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
People were putting down Ducharme?

It's tough to judge Gronborg, admittedly, because coaching a collection of "all-stars" on national teams, is an entirely different challenge than what he would face in the NHL. One aspect that I like about Gronborg though is that he's had success coaching kids (U18 and World Juniors) as well as veterans (World Championships, Olympics, ect). Gives me some hope that he could be our first coach since Martin to both cultivate young talent while getting the best out of them for immediate results.

Well I personally saw alot of people saying things like not another french canadian or an inexperienced coach etc in regards to Ducharme. However I think he would be my first choice personally (after Queenville who isnt coming here). Ducharme runs the most modern systems coming out of jr of any coach I have seen and has applied it to the NHL. He has experience with jr aged players specifically a great relationship with the best player on this team. His revamping of Montreals entire play style has put a very average team into a playoff spot in front of much more talented teams. I know Quennville isnt coming here and I am pretty familiar with most of the coachs play styles that have been talked about outside of Gronberg so for me Ducharme is the overwhelming choice. I personally dont think Montreal will let him go, especially to the sens.

After Ducharme, I would really like to see Sheldon Keefe come coach here. He has alot of the traits that Ducharme does and pretty much everywhere he goes his teams win. I know many players who have played for him and they all say without a doubt he was the best coach they have ever had . Fair, demanding and detailed, he knows when to ride his vets and how to get his young players going. His teams will always be prepared.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Well I personally saw alot of people saying things like not another french canadian or an inexperienced coach etc in regards to Ducharme. However I think he would be my first choice personally, he runs the most modern systems coming out of jr of any coach I have seen. He has experience with jr aged players specifically a great relationship with the best player on this team. His revamping of montreals entire play style has put a very average team into a playoff spot in front of much more talented teams. I know Quennville isnt coming here and I am pretty familiar with most of the coachs play styles that have been talked about outside of Gronberg so for me Ducharme is the overwhelming choice. I personally dont think Montreal will let him go, especially to the sens.

After Ducharme out of everyone I would really like to see Sheldon Keefe come coach here. He has alot of the traits that Ducharme does and pretty much everywhere he goes his teams win. I know many players who have played for him and they all say without a doubt he was the best coach they have ever had. Fair, demanding and detailed.

I made a crack about another cheap, french canadian coach, but it was tongue in cheek because that's where the comparisons between Boucher and Ducharme end. It's pretty obvious to most (all?) that he'd be one of the better fits for this team given our limitations.

I'm partial to Groulx I think, pretty amazing what he's been able to do in Syracuse and he obviously has a great track record in juniors as well. I think I'd be happy with any of Gronborg, Ducharme or Groulx (or Keefe, but I've already kind of ruled him out since I think he'll have other NHL options on the table and guys with options don't pick the Sens).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well I personally saw alot of people saying things like not another french canadian or an inexperienced coach etc in regards to Ducharme. However I think he would be my first choice personally (after Queenville who isnt coming here). Ducharme runs the most modern systems coming out of jr of any coach I have seen and has applied it to the NHL. He has experience with jr aged players specifically a great relationship with the best player on this team. His revamping of Montreals entire play style has put a very average team into a playoff spot in front of much more talented teams. I know Quennville isnt coming here and I am pretty familiar with most of the coachs play styles that have been talked about outside of Gronberg so for me Ducharme is the overwhelming choice. I personally dont think Montreal will let him go, especially to the sens.

After Ducharme, I would really like to see Sheldon Keefe come coach here. He has alot of the traits that Ducharme does and pretty much everywhere he goes his teams win. I know many players who have played for him and they all say without a doubt he was the best coach they have ever had . Fair, demanding and detailed, he knows when to ride his vets and how to get his young players going. His teams will always be prepared.

Ducharme or Keefe would be good choices. Because Dorion, is so weak, and doesn't seem to be able to properly evaluate a roster , I think Martin would be a good choice as well. I was never a fan of his back in the day with the Sens but I think he could help solidify the Sens over a couple of years. I think he could put up a defense against Dorion's BS. We needed that this year, but Boucher overplayed his hand that way the year before.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We must have been reading different threads. That seems like an exaggeration based on the last few pages of the trade value thread, unless it was discussed elsewhere and I'm missing something.

Fair enough, hard to be sure these days. Apologies.

On the topic of coaching and why a certain unknown over another one, I know I can't really appreciate the different tactics/approaches of coaches that haven't coached in the NHL. I know nothing about Ducharme, Groulx, Keefe or Gronborg other than their track record; I cannot make an educated guess as to who would be better.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Fair enough, hard to be sure these days. Apologies.

On the topic of coaching and why a certain unknown over another one, I know I can't really appreciate the different tactics/approaches of coaches that haven't coached in the NHL. I know nothing about Ducharme, Groulx, Keefe or Gronborg other than their track record; I cannot make an educated guess as to who would be better.

I think we (collectively as a board) need to remember this when a new coach inevitably gets hired. Of course we're bound to have our "favourites" but assuming we bring in someone without an NHL track record none of us are in a position to know how their styles will translate.

I mean, we can assume we hired the wrong guy, because of EM/PD, but that's a discussion for another thread :laugh:

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad