Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXVII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I know people are antsy for trades, and it's a fun time of the year, but there are still 3 months to get things done before the offseason.

That said, I hope tomorrow is eventful.

What do you mean? it IS the offseason. Do you mean before the offseason is over? Because like some people say, this is the best time to improve the team now through trades while we got assets from the draft. After that, who do we have with value? Horcoff? no. Hemsky? no. Belanger and Eager? no. This is the time to do something. Is it worth giving our 7th overall AND a prospect for Schneider? no, but try doing something with those 2nd rounders and use the next years 1st as bait.

Catamo

Jul 5, 2006
British Columbia
Schneider may seem like a gamble, but isn't anyone your gonna get at #7 one too?. Yea sure all these teams are acquiring great goalies out of seemingly nowhere and its making it look easy, but it hasn't happened for Edmonton yet and this team should be ready to have its moment. On paper, Schneider would make Edmonton look a lot better then any rookie playing the next year or two in the minors.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Schneider may seem like a gamble, but isn't anyone your gonna get at #7 one too?. Yea sure all these teams are acquiring great goalies out of seemingly nowhere and its making it look easy, but it hasn't happened for Edmonton yet and this team should be ready to have its moment. On paper, Schneider would make Edmonton look a lot better then any rookie playing the next year or two in the minors.

Whoever we draft will be here for a minimum of 7 years, with the potential for more than a decade.

Schneider is a UFA in 2 years.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Whoever we draft will be here for a minimum of 7 years, with the potential for more than a decade.

Schneider is a UFA in 2 years.
Ufa's sign with teams all the Time plus If a prospect really doesn't want to stay there are ways of leaving as we have seen multiple times

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Things sounds like they're heating up significantly, I hope we see some action tomorrow.

Based on the reported asking price for Schneider that's like saying that you're hoping to get some "action" from Wanda from In Living Color, no action > action in this case.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What do you mean? it IS the offseason. Do you mean before the offseason is over? Because like some people say, this is the best time to improve the team now through trades while we got assets from the draft. After that, who do we have with value? Horcoff? no. Hemsky? no. Belanger and Eager? no. This is the time to do something. Is it worth giving our 7th overall AND a prospect for Schneider? no, but try doing something with those 2nd rounders and use the next years 1st as bait.
Obviously I meant by the end of the offseason.

And when teams don't get trades done by the draft, they do what everyone does... trade next year's picks.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Ufa's sign with teams all the Time plus If a prospect really doesn't want to stay there are ways of leaving as we have seen multiple times

Well, we haven't seen any young prospects wanting out of Edmonton so far out of the young players we have drafted.

On the other hand, almost no top UFAs sign in Edmonton.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Who came to the city this year? Monahan and Nurse I'm pretty sure. And Horvat?

You gotta figure that if the Oilers invited those 3 [not counting Lazar who "lived" here], the Oilers intend on using their pick and if not, no worse than 10-12 if we move back.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I, like others have resigned myself to MacT trading the 7th away for a roster player that can help "now". I can see why because he wants to help this team get better NOW and make the playoffs so trading that pick is logical.

Personally I really like the thought of a Monahan/Nichushkin on the team in the future (worked out well with other 1st rounders like Hall/RNH/Yak/Eberle etc) so I don't look at it as a huge risk taking another highly promising player at #7.

Saying that, I think MacT wants to give tier 1 fans something more concrete to watch than yet another young prospect so I can see the pick being dealt. As long as it improves the team and leads to the playoffs... can't really complain BUT I'll just say any player obtained in a trade isn't a "sure thing" either. They have injuries, up and down seasons and sometimes want out (which we've seen many times before)... so it's not as if obtaining a solid roster player doesn't come with their fair share of risks as well.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

You gotta figure that if the Oilers invited those 3 [not counting Lazar who "lived" here], the Oilers intend on using their pick and if not, no worse than 10-12 if we move back.

Elias Lindholm is better than all 3 of them. If we draft Nurse/Monahan over him I'll be disappointed, and downright irate if we take Horvat over him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It sounds like a Seguin deal may be happening, perhaps to Columbus. Why are we not in on this? I think we could probably put together a better package. Don't sleep on this Mac T, stop chasing freaking Schneider :laugh:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Elias Lindholm is better than all 3 of them. If we draft Nurse/Monahan over him I'll be disappointed, and downright irate if we take Horvat over him.

Either way, it seems like the Oilers had the mindset to pick 1 of them.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It sounds like a Seguin deal may be happening, perhaps to Columbus. Why are we not in on this? I think we could probably put together a better package. Don't sleep on this Mac T, stop chasing freaking Schneider :laugh:

Where'd you read that?

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

You would think so, but that could have been before they knew of Schneider being available today.

That being said, apparently they met with Nichushkin again today as well, so no idea at this point.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 2m

Other names coming off 1st yr deals being dropped in #NHL trade talk besides #Bruins Seguin, #Canes Skinner #Sabres Myers. #veryfewofflimits

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Murray, Jenner and a 1st?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I, like others have resigned myself to MacT trading the 7th away for a roster player that can help "now". I can see why because he wants to help this team get better NOW and make the playoffs so trading that pick is logical.

Personally I really like the thought of a Monahan/Nichushkin on the team in the future (worked out well with other 1st rounders like Hall/RNH/Yak/Eberle etc) so I don't look at it as a huge risk taking another highly promising player at #7.

Saying that, I think MacT wants to give tier 1 fans something more concrete to watch than yet another young prospect so I can see the pick being dealt. As long as it improves the team and leads to the playoffs... can't really complain BUT I'll just say any player obtained in a trade isn't a "sure thing" either. They have injuries, up and down seasons and sometimes want out (which we've seen many times before)... so it's not as if obtaining a solid roster player doesn't come with their fair share of risks as well.

I think they should wait till 7 comes up, if Nichushkin is still there, keep that pick and select him. If not, and maybe if the offer goes up, trade the pick for immediate help. I still wouldnt trade that pick for Coburn though. People will be hugely disappointed in what he brings to the table.

Trade down with a team around 15 and pick up a D. Then trade down again and pick up another D. They need to come out of tomorrow with a better NHL roster than we see tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad