Rumor: Trade rumors and proposals thread: Some witty title about Hamonic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Tell that to the Rangers who's 3 top lines average 17 min a night with spread out scoring works really well for them.

The Rangers don't have the top end talent that we do. They are deep with players in the 40-60 point range. If they had more high-end talent, I guarantee they'd have a more traditional 2 scoring lines.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Re; the challenge

-Yakupov and schultz for hamonic and nelson
-matthews and lander for s.jones, m.reinhart, novak and 1st (benson)
-Purcell for a 3rd
-talbot for a 2nd

Hall-draisaitl-eberle
Pouliot-mcdavid-rnh
Benson/slepyshev-nelson-korpikoski
Hendricks-letestu-reinhart

Klefbom-jones
Sekera-hamonic
Nurse-reinhart

Broissoit
Nilsson

Add novak and 4 top 90 picks in addition to benson.

:shrug:

That's terrible for the Islanders
Hamonic>>>Schultz
Nelson>Yakupov

Also we could get better for Matthews + Lander than Jones + prospects and a pick. This is coming from a huge Novak fan.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The Rangers don't have the top end talent that we do. They are deep with players in the 40-60 point range. If they had more high-end talent, I guarantee they'd have a more traditional 2 scoring lines.

how is the top end talent working out for the Oilers right now? We are only missing McDavid and getting shut out.

If not 3 scoring lines we would still need scoring depth from bottom 6.

Rather see 3 scoring lines than what we currently have going for us. especially if we can insert a cheaper plug with each "pair".

Hall-Draisaitl-Wingels anyone?
Poluiot-McDavid-Yakupov
Slepyshev or comparable-RNH-Eberle

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

I don't think it's a case of scoring talent alone.
That's not why I advocate three scoring type lines.

It's the ability to out produce your oponents.
The Ranger's have 3 lines that reliably do that.

We may be able to run the same and it's out of necessity.

Our bottom 6 forwards are getting absolutlely murdered 5 on 5. Simply because they're completely unable to generate any offence what so ever. They get pinned in their zone tiring out the defence. They give us nothing. Every time it's a wack around the boards prayer for relief.

That doesn't work in today's in NHL. You can't keep punting. The fourth line was punting all night last night. It was a challenge just to get them off the ice.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I come in peace. So some armchair GM on our board posted this proposal and doesn't believe me when I keep telling him how horrible it is for you guys and how you would never do it. Your thoughts? The proposal:

To EDM: Hamonic + Okposo + Strome
To NYI: Hall + Klefbom

+ Minor pieces added to either or both sides to finish the deal.

This is absolutely brutal..

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
how is the top end talent working out for the Oilers right now? We are only missing McDavid and getting shut out.

If not 3 scoring lines we would still need scoring depth from bottom 6.

Rather see 3 scoring lines than what we currently have going for us. especially if we can insert a cheaper plug with each "pair".

Hall-Draisaitl-Wingels anyone?
Poluiot-McDavid-Yakupov
Slepyshev or comparable-RNH-Eberle

The oilers offense is fine its the defense that is failing us. Our offense has been top 10 this year defense bottom 5

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dreger said asking pric for Hominic is Nurse.

Francis said flames got asked for TJ Brodie.

Price is sky high

If there was ever anything that Chiarelli and Treveilling could share a beer and laugh over, it's this.

Bet they called each other to say how crazy Snow was.

Nurse has the potential to be better than Hamonic.

Brodie likely already is.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Price is sky high

Ridiculous.. considering Chia wouldn't do Nurse for Hamilton lets hope he's smart enough to avoid this one.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Price is sky high

No GM in their right mind will give Snow what he is asking for.
Price will fall by seasons end.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Asking for Nurse I can somewhat understand, but that he even had the gall to talk about TJ Brodie is proof positive that Snow is out to lunch on this.

If he continues to hang on for that kind of return he will be trading Hamonic for a couple of picks at the draft, but then again maybe that's his plan all along.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Asking for Nurse I can somewhat understand, but that he even had the gall to talk about TJ Brodie is proof positive that Snow is out to lunch on this.

If he continues to hang on for that kind of return he will be trading Hamonic for a couple of picks at the draft, but then again maybe that's his plan all along.

I have a feeling both Flames and Oilers fans will be disappointed when Snow trades him to Winnipeg for Enstrom +. :laugh:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I come in peace. So some armchair GM on our board posted this proposal and doesn't believe me when I keep telling him how horrible it is for you guys and how you would never do it. Your thoughts? The proposal:

To EDM: Hamonic + Okposo + Strome
To NYI: Hall + Klefbom

+ Minor pieces added to either or both sides to finish the deal.

You explained it to him pretty well. He just doesn't seem to understand.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Just threw that out there so we can end the spare parts plus for Hamonic, it's not going to happen.

Well we don't know if it will happen or not. It's a fluid situation. Demands, prices, and team situations change all the time.

If the Islanders want Nurse, it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just like if the Oilers are offering Schultz and a pick, the Islanders don't have to take it. I'd say one is just as likely as the other.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

It could also be proof that Dreger has no idea what he is talking about.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It could also be proof that Dreger has no idea what he is talking about.

Just waiting for Dregers patented "Sources have the Leafs being the dark horse in the Hamonic race" any moment now...

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Hamonic will probably end up going to Winnipeg in a deal involving Enstrom. They want a dman back, Enstrom is rumored to be on the block. Winnipeg maybe throws in some extra and I'm sure Hamonic wants to go back to Manitoba the most

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hamonic will probably end up going to Winnipeg in a deal involving Enstrom. They want a dman back, Enstrom is rumored to be on the block. Winnipeg maybe throws in some extra and I'm sure Hamonic wants to go back to Manitoba the most
That makes no sense. Winnipeg is deep on the rhd so moving their only good lhd for rhd is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce