Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Are You Out of Your Faulkin' Mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I'd be interested in Staal and Faulk, but Skinner is a no go from me. He doesn't bring anything different than what we have now and he hasn't been the same since his rookie season. If the deal was something around:

RNH
Yakupov
4th Overall
+/-

For

Faulk
Staal
13th Overall
+/-

That'd be ok for me.

I will be okay without the 13thoverall if they retain on Staal.. (very unlikely)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I didn't put much stock into it when it was just Stauffer. He flings **** a lot, but Gregor hardly ever talks the way he has been lately with regards to Faulk and then the article had some strong wording.

Like I said yesterday, makes you wonder if something happene behind the scenes.

I get that, but here was Gregor's strong comment: "I can tell you with certainty the Hurricanes would consider moving him for the right deal."

I don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing with that. Other than guys like McDavid, that applies to almost every NHL player. That's far different from some of the implications here that he's being made available and the Canes are looking to move him for forward help.

One Staal dealt, talks about the other Staal out there, Skinner was out there as well.

I don't understand how any of that is relevant? Eric Staal was a deadline deal for a UFA they didn't want to re-sign. Jordan Staal's name only started being speculated about once Eric was traded, because Jordan came to Carolina to play with Eric and it was publicly known he was upset when Eric was traded. Skinner rumors come and go every time he has a bad season/concussion.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Canes have major holes up front.. They need alteast 3 top 6 forwards.
On D they have one of the best upcoming group in the entire NHL.. In a couple years (with Faulk) Canes should be on par with STL\CHI in terms of Defense.

Something like RNH+Eberle+4thoverall should shore up their forward group.

Faulk+Staal coming back our way.

First way over payment
Second want nothing to do with Staal with that contract
Carolina lacks fwds but are deep on defence, of course they can just stand pack and still have no fwd depth so trading Faulk for RNH and Reinhart improves both teams
It is that simple people, too many crazy ever paying deals on here

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I will be okay without the 13thoverall if they retain on Staal.. (very unlikely)

Give them Ference or Fayne if they don't want to retain. Depending on whether or not Ference has to be protected or not, his salary could be appealing to a few teams this year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
In 3 years, Dubois will beat out Maroon, Pou and RNH rather easily. RNH won't even be on the team in 2 years. He's just not worth his contract. I think people will start to realize this eventually.

What has Dubois done besides put up a good season in the Q? He hasn't done anything noteworthy on an international level. He's not an elite, can't miss prospect.

He's a good prospect but beat out RNH easily in 3 years? Give me a break. The fascination with some posters to plug prospects into roles currently held by legit NHLers and assuming that they will be a suitable replacement or even better is mind boggling.

If Colorado offers Barrie for the 4th overall. Chia should take that and run. He'd be crazy not to.
I think Colorado re-signs him anyway. I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Canes have major holes up front.. They need alteast 3 top 6 forwards.
On D they have one of the best upcoming group in the entire NHL.. In a couple years (with Faulk) Canes should be on par with STL\CHI in terms of Defense.

Something like RNH+Eberle+4thoverall should shore up their forward group.

Faulk+Staal coming back our way.

That's a terrible trade for us. Just awful. I'd maybe consider that kind of package for Karlsson++ or something but for Faulk and a bad contract in Staal? Nope.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I have several hockey fans in Carolina, and apparently the local media there has been spinning that they're more than willing to jettison Faulk for a E.Staal replacement.

I'd like to find out who the local media is, because I follow the Canes local media pretty closely and have never heard even a hint of that, even speculation. There are really only 3 guys in the local media that have any insight to the Canes.

Chip Alexander, who is the beat writer for the Raleigh News and Observer. Luke DeCock, who used to be the beat writer for the Raleigh News and Observer and only covers the Canes sporadically, Mike Maniscalco who is employed by the radio station and main TV station in Raleigh.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
If I was EDM I would go after Vatanen and Barrie
At the trade deadline word was
ANA
Pouliot, Yak
EDM
Vatanen

Then
EDM
Barrie
COL
RNH and what ever the plus is as I can see Duchene being moved for a dman say Faulk
Klefbom, Barrie
Sekera, Vatanen
Davidson, Fayne
Gryba
A mixture of everything that is needed
Keep our 4 OVR
Hall, LD, ufa
Maroon, McD, Eberle
Nice dmen core and top 6

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
What has Dubois done besides put up a good season in the Q? He hasn't done anything noteworthy on an international level. He's not an elite, can't miss prospect.

He's a good prospect but beat out RNH easily in 3 years? Give me a break. The fascination with some posters to plug prospects into roles currently held by legit NHLers and assuming that they will be a suitable replacement or even better is mind boggling.

If Colorado offers Barrie for the 4th overall. Chia should take that and run. He'd be crazy not to.

I keep the 4ovr because it gives us a big winger which this team needs
They stated that Tkachuk is more developed that Strome is so one more year and he will be ready and he is a net presence and plays dirty, a bigger version of Gallagher or Marchand sign me up

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Now that's just not true at all.

What's not true? That GMs would move just about any player for the right deal? Of course they would. The problem is, that other teams won't usually pay what's needed in the "right deal". It's why teams' best players rarely get traded.

Like I said, Francis has pretty much said he would look at every and any options to make the team better (which is what most GMs say). I still contend it would take a deal to totally knock his socks off if he were to trade Faulk. Maybe I'll be wrong, but from everything I hear from the team, the coach, the GM, etc... that's what I get.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I keep the 4ovr because it gives us a big winger which this team needs
They stated that Tkachuk is more developed that Strome is so one more year and he will be ready and he is a net presence and plays dirty, a bigger version of Gallagher or Marchand sign me up

I'm a big fan of Tkachuk, I even stated pre-draft lottery that he would be a better fit for McDavid than Laine because of his elite net play BUT the Oilers need Barrie a hell of a lot more. I understand the value of the pick but I'm taking the 50 point 24 year old defenseman ten times out of ten if it's 4th pick or bust for the Avs. Not worried about his contract status, I'm sure that Chia would extend him soon after the deal.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
If I was EDM I would go after Vatanen and Barrie
At the trade deadline word was
ANA
Pouliot, Yak
EDM
Vatanen

Then
EDM
Barrie
COL
RNH and what ever the plus

Both of those deals are overpays from Edmonton's POV. Ducks fans (for whatever it's worth) have been receptive to Yak and the 2017 first for Vats. I don't see Colorado trading Barrie as they are looking for help on the backend as much as we are. And if I'm trading a 23 year old 1/2C signed long term at a reasonable rate, it's for an all-around d-man with term.

Trade for Vats, sign Demers. That's the play.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
As if Faulk doesn't get you Hall or the 4th, why do fans always way over value players, name one dman that ever got something like Hall and 4ov
They were saying RNH and an add on
I would guess RNH and Reinhart would get it done and I am fine with that

Not talking value in a vacuum, but Reinhart really doesn't have much value to Carolina. They have Hanifin, Slavin, Fleury, Hainsey, and Carrick as it stands today on the left side.

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
Eberle - Barrie
4th OA, Reinhart - Vatanen, Silverberg, 24th OA
Yakupov (+ if necessary) - Damon Severson
Sign Versteeg, Byron, backup goalie
Trade Lander, Fayne for magic beans. Retain salary if necessary.

Maroon-McDavid-Versteeg
Hall-Draisaitl-Silverberg
Pouliot-RNH-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Sekera-Vatanen
Klefbom-Barrie
Davidson-Severson
Gryba

Talbot
Montoya

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'd be interested in Staal and Faulk, but Skinner is a no go from me. He doesn't bring anything different than what we have now and he hasn't been the same since his rookie season. If the deal was something around:

RNH
Yakupov
4th Overall
+/-

For

Faulk
Staal
13th Overall
+/-

That'd be ok for me.

No way carolina does this, unless you drop the 13th OA coming back to the Oil. And even then... I doubt it.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
First way over payment
Second want nothing to do with Staal with that contract
Carolina lacks fwds but are deep on defence, of course they can just stand pack and still have no fwd depth so trading Faulk for RNH and Reinhart improves both teams
It is that simple people, too many crazy ever paying deals on here

We will probably have to overpay if we want to fix our D... If a big name like Faulk is involved it will certainly be a big overpay. Top3 Ds dont come cheap unless there is baggage attached.
Staal would mix will with Drai and McD making us one of the strongest teams down the middle.. He checks off every box that McD and Drai lack.

Give them Ference or Fayne if they don't want to retain. Depending on whether or not Ference has to be protected or not, his salary could be appealing to a few teams this year.

Giving up Fayne is not the same as retaining on Staal. Staal is signed for 7 more years digging deep into McDavid's 2nd contract.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta

Agreed. I don't have much of a read on if Barrie can pair up with a Klefbom or Sekera and be a 25 minute pairing that can carry this team out of the gutter but the glimpses I've seen of his offensive mind and game are top notch.

Sure, Dubois' box scores and size look great and it does suck not taking a prospect like that but the higher priority needs to be on getting guys who have succeeded in the pro game, not guys who have yet to graduate and are ripping up junior.

Still would like to dig more into why Barrie could potentially be available for a high end junior player but if he's available and our management see him as a player who can contribute significantly in big minutes, pull the damn trigger.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
No way carolina does this, unless you drop the 13th OA coming back to the Oil. And even then... I doubt it.

I don't know. There seems to be a mixture of different proposals that say Faulk isn't as expensive as you'd think and then there's some that say he's extremely valuable. I personally feel he isn't an elite Top pairing dman, but a #2 that can fill #1 when needed. So I find he isn't as valuable as some say he is.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
speaking of big contracts signed til the end of days... Have we discussed getting Weber already? Another year...another playoffs exit .. This time Weber showing chinks in his armor.

He would certainly shore up D but that contract!!

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
speaking of big contracts signed til the end of days... Have we discussed getting Weber already? Another year...another playoffs exit .. This time Weber showing chinks in his armor.

He would certainly shore up D but that contract!!

I'd be very afraid of that contract. Unless a team can dump it like Toronto with Clarkson, it'll hamper them for years and years.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
We will probably have to overpay if we want to fix our D... If a big name like Faulk is involved it will certainly be a big overpay. Top3 Ds dont come cheap unless there is baggage attached.
Staal would mix will with Drai and McD making us one of the strongest teams down the middle.. He checks off every box that McD and Drai lack.

Staal is a downgrade from RNH. Nuge is younger, cheaper and more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad