Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: Anyone Want Purcell or Fayne? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
How so?

Not sure why Jones is so underrated. Severson hasn't exactly done anything to suggest he has the same potential as a top 5 draft pick

Draft pedigree shouldn't matter after 2/3 years in. IMO, I think they are similar in terms of upside. Jones with a bit more so is his floor. Jones also plays behind Josi, Ellis, and Weber and a more offensive team. That contributes a lot to Jones' success. Severson does have #1 upside and is trending very well and I see him breaking out shortly.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Give one example of a top player (not even a dman, to give you options) being moved for something like Yak + first without there being some conflict between said player and the team. Washington could fit him in stylistically, but they're not trading anyone significant to get Yakupov.

The oilers need to do a trade like this.

Hamrlik+ P Comrie.......Bonsignore,Kelly,Marchment

I'm not sure if Hamrlik had issues with Tampa or not but we need something similar to this. I think the next year or so is going to be very active as Chia puts together his team. There is going to be lots of whining in here I'm sure.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Sekera was moved for a meh player and a 1st.Yak with Fayne and a 1st could get us a good player.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Draft pedigree shouldn't matter after 2/3 years in. IMO, I think they are similar in terms of upside. Jones with a bit more so is his floor. Jones also plays behind Josi, Ellis, and Weber and a more offensive team. That contributes a lot to Jones' success. Severson does have #1 upside and is trending very well and I see him breaking out shortly.

Lol. When it comes to d-men you bet your ass it does.

He took Hedman tell his 5th year to prove his pick

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not sure what I've missed, but Nuge is tied for goals on this team and 3 points back of Hall. On pace for 65-70 points. And this is during what people seem to be calling him playing bad.

Playing bad putting up those kind of points, I'll take it.

RNH will eventually be our #2C. Henrique is a#2C guy already whose style will do well in the western conference. Are you saying RNH in 1-2 years will be worth a #2C and a top 4 D?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Elaborate please. I disagree completely, but I'm more curious about your reasoning than anything.

I think Jones is better than Severson in pretty much every possible way except maybe positioning. Jones still brain farts once in a while.

From what I've seen Severson is more dynamic and has the better point shot. Jones has excellent upside for sure, but Severson is no slouch either IMO. We need to be looking for this type of trade as no one is trading us a Shea Weber for RNH/Eberle/Hall etc… it just won't happen. I think longterm we could definitely win with this group.

Pouliot-Mcdavid-Yakupov
Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
Korpikoski-Henrique-?

Nurse-Sekera
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Severson
Gryba

Hell I think were close to a playoff team this year with that group.

McDeathbyCheerios*

From what I've seen Severson is more dynamic and has the better point shot. Jones has excellent upside for sure, but Severson is no slouch either IMO. We need to be looking for this type of trade as no one is trading us a Shea Weber for RNH/Eberle/Hall etc… it just won't happen. I think longterm we could definitely win with this group.

Pouliot-Mcdavid-Yakupov
Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
Korpikoski-Henrique-?

Nurse-Sekera
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Severson
Gryba

That trade makes the team worse. Moving RNH for a 3rd pairing and 3c makes us a better team? Seriously?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Nikitin is the Moore or perhaps Fayne.

lol ok. If we can trade Yakupov + Fayne + 2nd + Conditional First for Burns, a fourth and a roster player, I'll eat my crow. Seems to me like daydreaming more than any realistic possibility. If this was an option, it'd have happened already.

McDeathbyCheerios*

lol ok. If we can trade Yakupov + Fayne + 2nd + Conditional First for Burns, a fourth and a roster player, I'll eat my crow. Seems to me like daydreaming more than any realistic possibility. If this was an option, it'd have happened already.
If San Jose is blowing it up absolutely possible. Gotta take advantage of teams on the decline.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We lucked with Nurse and Klefbom. They proved their worth quick.
It's rather hit and miss. We've seen right here in Edmonton with Marincin, Klef and Schultz how things can drastically change year to year.
RNH will eventually be our #2C. Henrique is a#2C guy already whose style will do well in the western conference. Are you saying RNH in 1-2 years will be worth a #2C and a top 4 D?

I don't see why not. There was only 27 players to get 65+ points last year. If RNH continues that's quite good company to be with.

Really don't think people actually look to see how many players actually put up these kinds of points.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Pouliot-Mcdavid-Yakupov
Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
Korpikoski-Henrique-?

Nurse-Sekera
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Severson
Gryba

Errrrr..... No way he's more dynamic. Jones is up and down the ice as much as Nurse is if not more. I disagree about the shot too, but I've only seen a bit of Severson so maybe I just haven't really seen him unload. Jones' shot is no joke either though. I imagine he's had a few pointers from 'human rocket launcher' Shea Weber.

I agree about the type of trade though. We gotta be targetting potential number 1s (near future) who are held back due to depth, or top pairs who are on dying contracts and will resign with us.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I don't see why not. There was only 27 players to get 65+ points last year. If RNH continues that's quite good company to be with.

Really don't think people actually look to see how many players actually put up these kinds of points.

RNH highest season points is 56 while Henrique is 45. I would love to see his numbers playing with Hall-Eberle. Henrique style and cap hit 4M allows him to be #3C if Drai becomes our #2C.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Draisaitl is playing amazing on the wing for Hall and Nuge, the idea right now of pulling that apart and having Drai center Hall and Eberle is really short-sighted.

Nuge is a guy who will carve out 60+ points as a 100 foot player that this team absolutely needs. If you're watching him play each game, he's getting more and more physical as he gets some adult weight on his frame. He likes getting in there and doing the work.

Nuge is as untouchable as Hall is, don't kid yourselves. Unless he's headed out the door to solve our #1D problems, you can put good money down on him remaining in Edmonton as long as we can keep him.

And now that Drai is killing it in his time up here this season thus far, with no sign of falling off - or just being lucky to have his points, considering he drives play and back-checks, and goes into the corner to use his size for his line...he's not going anywhere, either. The kid is a star.

The odd men out in this formula we have, unfortunately, are Eberle and Yakupov. Moving one of our centers is brutally stupid, and y'all should feel bad for suggesting it. And for those who think McDavid had his ppg run going due to Yakupov are out of their minds. Now, I'm not saying Yakupov didn't play well with him, because he did. McDavid wasn't pulling Yak along behind him like a piano and gifting him points by association like some people are trying to convey - but McDavid absolutely will make anyone he plays with much better, and it's not going to cripple him to not have Yakupov there as a linemate when he comes back from the gym in a couple months time.

Shopping Eberle and Yakupov around, along with a 1st (which, let's be honest, is going to have a lot of value) can get us some very strong help on our blueline, and not truly hurt us all that much up front.

Eberle is a skilled forward that finishes and puts up points. On a team that doesn't perennially struggle, he could put up 70+ reliably on a top line. And a 1st round pick that is most likely going to fall 7-12th is still a pretty big deal around the NHL. Lottery-protected or not.

Perhaps we need to forget about trying to land a #1D, and slowly build up our blueline with 3/4 guys, so at the very least one guy isn't getting sorely over-worked.

Eberle and a 1st could go out, bring us back some badly needed D-help, and we would be a much better team for it. McD comes back, we have...

Hall - Nuge - Drai
Pou - McD - Yak
Fill in the blanks

*** - Sekera
Klefbom - Schultz
Nurse - Gryba
Reinhart

The outlook of a move like that, vs trying to shake up our center depth, which is strong for the first time in a decade or longer, is astronomically better.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I still don't want to move Eberle. He makes our pp work so much better and I know you get a lesser player for moving Yak but moving Eberle makes us worse.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Dammit guys, we're over the limit. Go to the new thread! Mods, close this one :P.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sekera was moved for a meh player and a 1st.Yak with Fayne and a 1st could get us a good player.

Not certain what Sekera's return has to do with your comment, but Roland McKeown is a highly drafted RHD prospect currently scoring at a PPG pace in Kingston. He was potentially a late first round selection in 2014, so the return for a dozen games of Sekera isn't exactly modest from LA's POV.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I doubt any of the d-men we really want are available at the moment anyway, so trade no one.

We need Eberle, and Yakupov's value isn't high enough yet probably to get the return that we'd want.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
That trade makes the team worse. Moving RNH for a 3rd pairing and 3c makes us a better team? Seriously?

:facepalm: Because replacing the pointless Lander with a guy who'd be tied for 4th in team scoring right now and upgrading our puck movement from the backend with a guy who'd be tied for 3rd in scoring doesn't help us? You can't be serious, I guess Oiler fans really do love losing.

KidAnger

Sep 12, 2015
Edmonton
Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to take Raab's assement of dmen serious, after reading his thoughts on Nurse for 3 years. But again, that may just be me.

McDeathbyCheerios*

:facepalm: Because replacing the pointless Lander with a guy who'd be tied for 4th in team scoring right now and upgrading our puck movement from the backend with a guy who'd be tied for 3rd in scoring doesn't help us? You can't be serious, I guess Oiler fans really do love losing.
You are losing RNH to replace Lander and Gryba in the lineup. You would have Severson playing 15-16 min a night and Henrique around the same. Doesn't make the team playoff good, especially cause we lose RNH.

In the future it might be good but we don't get that much better now

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

No, because we just traded the guy who can actually play against the Getzlafs and Kopitars and still score points while helping prevent a ton of them going in his own net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad