Rumor: Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Here is my bernmeister impersonation post of creative, outside the box thinking. Its complete rubbish, of course, but just me thinking out loud.

To Toronto- Brad Richards

To NYR- Phil Kessel

To Colorado- MDZ, Kreider

To NYR- ROR

Trade a high pick or prospect to Ottawa for Segei Gonchar.

Kessel-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-ROR-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Gonchar
Gilroy-Stralman

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Here is my bernmeister impersonation post of creative, outside the box thinking. Its complete rubbish, of course, but just me thinking out loud.

To NYR- Phil Kessel

To NYR- ROR

Kessel-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-ROR-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Gonchar
Gilroy-Stralman

:laugh:

Not enough explanation of why these are the perfect moves.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

To NYR- Phil Kessel

To NYR- ROR

Kessel-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-ROR-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Gonchar
Gilroy-Stralman

Where did we get our cloning machine? :sarcasm:

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

To NYR- Phil Kessel

To NYR- ROR

Kessel-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-ROR-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Gonchar
Gilroy-Stralman

1. bernmeister would never trade Kreider.

2. How is Kreider in the lineup when he was traded

3/10, terrible effort.l

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I knew I would mess something up.

Put Pyatt at third line LW instead.

SupersonicMonkey*

So it was the Rangers that brought up DZ's name and not the Avs? Surprised. I wouldn't think that the Rangers would throw up DZ right away, would think they'd try Stralman first.

Because Stralman is dirt cheap, and 26 years old. He's not going to make a lot, moving forward.

Del Zotto is 22, and is going to cash in on his next contract. 5+ million per.

If the Rangers chose to buy out Richards after 13-14, when he will be 34 years old with 6 years remaining at 6.6 each, they wouldn't have the depth down the middle. Acquiring O'Reilly opens a lot of options. And creates VERY good depth down the middle.

The Rangers see what the cap situation is going to be like. McDonagh, Staal, and Girardi are more important moving forward. They have two VERY good players in the system in Skjei and McIlrath that they love. Noreau is an underdog and flying under the radar.

No doubt they love Del Zotto and value him highly, which is why they would offer him for O'Reilly who is exactly the kind of player Gorton loves. They obviously see O'Reilly as a future #1 or #2 along with Stepan.

If they get a player like Tyson Barrie in return with O'Reilly, they get a 21 year old, highly skilled offensive defenseman, with very high upside and potential. He has a skill set and skating that could potentially fit perfectly and give the team a future PP QB and seriously improve the transition attack. He has high-end vision and passing. He could eventually play the right side on a pair with Staal.

The Rangers don't see themselves as having a limited window of opportunity, here. They have been building for and see them selves as having a long-term winning club.

Next year we will undoubtedly see other young forwards Fasth and Linberg. And we could possibly see McIlrath soon.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

To NYR- Phil Kessel

To NYR- ROR

Kessel-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-ROR-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Gonchar
Gilroy-Stralman

Cloning Kreider is definitely outside the box thinking. :sarcasm:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I think it's still within reach. 24 games would be same proportion for a 48 game season. It just has to be games on the roster, too, not games actually played.

O'Reilly would need to traded within the next 3 weeks to get an accrued season. Everything you read is that the acquiring team will need to pay more than they want to land O'Reilly. They want the Avs to lower the price. Peca missed an entire season in a contract dispute with Buffalo. The trading deadline is April 3.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
can someone explain why when the team was first in the East last yr we see proposal of Richards for Kessel

another deal with 2 of our best young players for ROR

how about we let them play and be happy with what we have? This teams got great potentail as is

I am all for trades and adding pieces but not discupting the chemistry that they have

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

To NYR- Phil Kessel

To NYR- ROR

Kessel-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-ROR-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

McD-Girardi
Staal-Gonchar
Gilroy-Stralman

OoOoOoO I love these!

To NSH:
Brad Richards

To NYR:
Ryan Ellis + Austin Watson + NSH 1st '13 + NSH 2nd '13

To COL:
MDZ + Yogan + NYR 2nd '13

To NYR:
ROR + COL 2nd '13

To DET:
Marian Gaborik

To NYR:
Nyquist/Tatar + DET 1st '13 + DET 3rd '13

2013-2014:

Sign Getzlaf via free agency (7 years @ 7 million/season)

Hagelin-Getzlaf-Nash
Tatar/Nyquist-ROR-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Miller/Fasth/Hrivik
Mashinter/Pyatt-Lindberg/Watson-Powe/Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Ellis-McIlrath

NYR Draft Picks:
1st '13 NSH
1st '13 DET
2nd '13 NSH
2nd '13 COL
3rd '13 NYR
3rd '13 FLA
3rd '13 NSH
3rd '13 DET

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
what is the roar indeed? i'm not interested in this RoR guy. we just need Richards to get his head out of his ass. RoR would be like having two Derek Stepans, by which I mean 2 second line centers.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I'm not buying that the Rangers offered MDZ. I think most of these rumors stem from Dater and he is a complete moron.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
They stem from Elliotte Friedman (sp?)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...talked-to-new-york-rangers-about-ryan-oreilly

Bleacher Report said:
Elliotte Friedman said during Hockey Night in Canada (h/t Adrian Dater of the Denver Post) that Colorado asked for Michael Del Zotto and another prospect that could have been either Chris Kreider or J.T. Miller. Dater notes that Colorado is clearly trying to get the best deal possible if it’s going to give up on trying to re-sign him.

The h/t means "heard through".

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
What I don't understand is that we aren't even looking for some legit options . ROR WILL be too expensive. We need some solid mid to bottom 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad