Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
TSN's NHL front page right now

nbZkWvS.jpg

On TSN Hockey right now they are talking about a 2nd rounder and a prospect for Kessel as a fair price - with the Leafs eating some salary. I think that gives us a better idea about his value.

Leaf fans are going to go ape **** over the eventual return. Many of them expect a 1st rounder, an A prospect/young top 6 forward, and a B prospect at worst.

Phaneuf's return wont be anything special either.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
On TSN Hockey right now they are talking about a 2nd rounder and a prospect for Kessel as a fair price - with the Leafs eating some salary. I think that gives us a better idea about his value.

Toronto eating salary means for 7 years. Instead, they take PAP from us and they get our 2nd in 2016 plus a prospect not named Scherbak or McCarron, or DLR. Done deal. Find this hard to believe.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Toronto eating salary means for 7 years. Instead, they take PAP from us and they get our 2nd in 2016 plus a prospect not named Scherbak or McCarron, or DLR. Done deal. Find this hard to believe.

Ya lets just offer them nothing for kessel. C mon, losing DLR will not hurt the habs at all. We have Eller , DLR is redundant. Give to get. Stop overating our players and prospects. Only 4 untouchables for me. Price , PK , Pacs and Gallagher. Well probably Petry as well since he just signed

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Ya lets just offer them nothing for kessel. C mon, losing DLR will not hurt the habs at all. We have Eller , DLR is redundant. Give to get. Stop overating our players and prospects. Only 4 untouchables for me. Price , PK , Pacs and Gallagher. Well probably Petry as well since he just signed

Easy Bro, I find this very hard to believe and am just playing with it. Hell , I would toss in our 2016 1st instead of the 2nd. If that is the market, Leafs should just hang on to the guy and try again later. I just don\t believe that gets you Kessel.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Easy Bro, I find this very hard to believe and am just playing with it. Hell , I would toss in our 2016 1st instead of the 2nd. If that is the market, Leafs should just hang on to the guy and try again later. I just don\t believe that gets you Kessel.

My apologies. I've just seen so many lopsided trade proposal for quality players and it's driving me nuts. Kessel will cost Sherbak/mccarron a first and another prospect minimum. Obviously they take PaP back

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
If the Habs can sign Galchenyuk for $3.5 million and two additional players for another $750K each to fill out the roster to 23 players, they will be about $2 million over cap.
If they add Kessel at $8 million they need to get rid of at least $10 million in salary to accommodate him.

So basically they would have to gut the team to add a one-dimensional player. Toronto found that didn't work - why did would it be any different in Montreal

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

How would you fit in his salary I'm not saying it can't be done, just wondering how you would do it.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If the Habs can sign Galchenyuk for $3.5 million and two additional players for another $750K each to fill out the roster to 23 players, they will be about $2 million over cap.
If they add Kessel at $8 million they need to get rid of at least $10 million in salary to accommodate him.

So basically they would have to gut the team to add a one-dimensional player. Toronto found that didn't work - why did would it be any different in Montreal

Well it's obvious that Bergevin isn't making any moves and has nothing to do with cap. Cap is fluid , it cAn move. It's because he over values his players and is extremely conservative. If you're ok with Pap and Weisse alternating on the 2nd line that's terrific. If that's the case this team will stink. Here's hoping Carey can reproduce his last seasons stats

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
How would you fit in his salary I'm not saying it can't be done, just wondering how you would do it.

With PAP going the other way we are $4M over. While I would hate to lose Emelin, I have no question he can be traded for a pick or prospect.That is another $4.1M. Worry about next year, next year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
My apologies. I've just seen so many lopsided trade proposal for quality players and it's driving me nuts. Kessel will cost Sherbak/mccarron a first and another prospect minimum. Obviously they take PaP back

I actually have posted elsewhere it would take PAP, 1st in 2015, Scherbak and I think I said DLR to do it.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Toronto is a considerably weaker team than Montreal, and it seems as if they're looking to rebuild. The Habs' window is opening from this season onward - we're in different situations. Kessel is an elite player. If we can add him to our team with little talent going back, we should do it sight unseen.

And since Petry signed with us, one or more of Gilbert, DD, Pleks, PAP or Emelin has to leave to make room. We have Pateryn and Tinordi who should get a look, and Hudon/Andrigetto who might want to push for an NHL role + any UFAs we might target.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Toronto is a considerably weaker team than Montreal, and it seems as if they're looking to rebuild. The Habs' window is opening from this season onward - we're in different situations. Kessel is an elite player. If we can add him to our team with little talent going back, we should do it sight unseen.

And since Petry signed with us, one or more of Gilbert, DD, Pleks, PAP or Emelin has to leave to make room. We have Pateryn and Tinordi who should get a look, and Hudon/Andrigetto who might want to push for an NHL role + any UFAs we might target.

Kessel isnt an elite player, hes an elite offensive player. There's a significant difference.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Kessel isnt an elite player, hes an elite offensive player. There's a significant difference.
No there isn't. Especially to the Habs who have lacked offensive talent since god knows when.

Anybody who can pot 35-45 goals is going to be our best forward, in addition, Phil the Thrill is fast as hell and has tremendous hands - he's elite in every way. Patty Kane doesn't help defensively much either, it doesn't make him not elite.

You guys are just blinded by how ugly he is and how ugly his previous jerseys were.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Would I take Kessel on my team? Abso-friggin-lutely. Top line winger that can score goals and plays into the speed game.

How could you NOT want that, especially on a team that doesn't score goals? GIMME!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
No there isn't. Especially to the Habs who have lacked offensive talent since god knows when.

Anybody who can pot 35-45 goals is going to be our best forward, in addition, Phil the Thrill is fast as hell and has tremendous hands - he's elite in every way. Patty Kane doesn't help defensively much either, it doesn't make him not elite.

You guys are just blinded by how ugly he is and how ugly his previous jerseys were.

i couldnt care less about how he looks, i aint no chick why would i give 2 ****s about how he looks (hes pretty sexy btw).. but that still doesnt make him an elite winger. if i were given the option to choose between Pacioretty or Kessel i'd take Pacioretty every time.

resize

im not saying i wouldnt want him on my team, im just saying i wouldnt pay a premium price for him because i dont consider him an elite winger. if T.O retains 2M on his contract and accepts a 1st + a few good prospects for him, sure why not.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Would I take Kessel on my team? Abso-friggin-lutely. Top line winger that can score goals and plays into the speed game.

How could you NOT want that, especially on a team that doesn't score goals? GIMME!

Depending on the price.. which will be higher because we are trading with our rivals..

It doesn't make sense. His cap hit is astronomical, his effort level and character have always been criticized, then you put him in the MT system.. Recipe for a complete disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad