Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Let's establish that ALL players have trouble scoring at the same clip against good teams vs bad teams.

Second, Patches has never ever played with a proper first line centre.

Third, it's incredibly easy for a good team to game plan against Patches because we don't have much threat to score outside of him. So this playoff slump doesn't apply because he stops trying and shrinks under pressure. He's been shadowed by the teams best D and best defensive forward ALL THE TIME because they know that when you take him out of the game, you take away our only scoring threat.

If you want Patches to be better against better teams and in the playoffs, get more depth at scoring. The fact he gets 30+ goals every year when very few players do is a testament to the fact we have a first class goal scoring sniper. Period.

Finally, the initial point was a trade proposal of Patches vs. Rask, hence the irksome response of trading one of the leagues top goal scorers for a young unproven centre when he's worth so much more to any other team in the league outside of Montreal.

Once we lose Patches or his productively we're going to be in a world of hurt if it's not replaced. That's the problem, not Patches.

That's precisely what I am implying by trading Pacioretty. You want his production supplanted? Galchenyuk and Drouin with a quality #1 C acquired in a trade for Pacioretty.

I find that trading Galchenyuk would be a mistake. I feel Galchenyuk can be that goal scoring player to replace Pacioretty. At the same age, Galchenyuk has played in 3x more games, 4.5x more goals and has 5x more points.

I would love to find a center without giving up roster players, but the quality of a center we need, I doubt a team is willing to deal him for just futures.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That's precisely what I am implying by trading Pacioretty. You want his production supplanted? Galchenyuk and Drouin with a quality #1 C acquired in a trade for Pacioretty.

I find that trading Galchenyuk would be a mistake. I feel Galchenyuk can be that goal scoring player to replace Pacioretty. At the same age, Galchenyuk has played in 3x more games, 4.5x more goals and has 5x more points.

I would love to find a center without giving up roster players, but the quality of a center we need, I doubt a team is willing to deal him for just futures.

Like I said before, I'm not opposed to trading Patches. It's that I'd expect a whole hell of a lot more than Victor Rask. A top 5 NHL goal scorer should hit you a no. centre. Not a top 5 but definitely in the top 10-15 range. Rask is not that.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Weren't the Eklund rumors banned from this board not that long ago ? There's really no point in discussing stuff from his site, unless it's about the Flyers. Even then, honestly.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Patch gets 30 plus a year playing with anybody,so a keeper! Hvae no problem with moving TP or BG though,among some others.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What do you guys think Giroux would cost? Philly looks like they are in the midst of a youth movement, and having landed Nolan Patrick to pair with Couturier down the middle... I think they move on from Giroux because that contract could become an anchor for them. Giroux is due 8.275 for the next 5 years, and is turning 30 in January. His production has also gone down in 4 straight years.

That said, he's still a tremendous player who might just need some rejuvenation. If Philadelphia were willing to retain 2 million in his salary and take on Plekanec (with salary retained, let's say 2 million), I'd be willing to give up a mighty fine package for Giroux.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
What do you guys think Giroux would cost? Philly looks like they are in the midst of a youth movement, and having landed Nolan Patrick to pair with Couturier down the middle... I think they move on from Giroux because that contract could become an anchor for them. Giroux is due 8.275 for the next 5 years, and is turning 30 in January. His production has also gone down in 4 straight years.

That said, he's still a tremendous player who might just need some rejuvenation. If Philadelphia were willing to retain 2 million in his salary and take on Plekanec (with salary retained, let's say 2 million), I'd be willing to give up a mighty fine package for Giroux.

Let them keep him. If the Flyers don't want him any more they can always buy him out in a couple of years from now. If they want Pleks and a 1st I'd think about it but otherwise we'd be better off without him. We're still not going to be a top team in the league if we add him to the roster and we'd lose a lot of cap flexibility.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Let them keep him. If the Flyers don't want him any more they can always buy him out in a couple of years from now. If they want Pleks and a 1st I'd think about it but otherwise we'd be better off without him. We're still not going to be a top team in the league if we add him to the roster and we'd lose a lot of cap flexibility.

WHAT? Giroux is an elite superstar 2 way forward. He had an absolutely godawful year yet he would STILL be 2nd in points last year for us. The guy is as clutch as they come, great defensively, great skill set, excellent IQ, underrated shot, VERY good playmaker(we have needed a playmaking center for so long now). You would "think" about trading Plekanec and a 1st? I hope you are joking, Plekanec may never score 10 goals in a season again, and it will be a very late 1st that MIGHT make an impact in 5 years. Not exactly sure how we are better off without a #1 C, as Giroux fills the biggest need for us. Some people man :shakehead

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
WHAT? Giroux is an elite superstar 2 way forward. He had an absolutely godawful year yet he would STILL be 2nd in points last year for us. The guy is as clutch as they come, great defensively, great skill set, excellent IQ, underrated shot, VERY good playmaker(we have needed a playmaking center for so long now). You would "think" about trading Plekanec and a 1st? I hope you are joking, Plekanec may never score 10 goals in a season again, and it will be a very late 1st that MIGHT make an impact in 5 years. Not exactly sure how we are better off without a #1 C, as Giroux fills the biggest need for us. Some people man :shakehead

That ship has sailed, get over it. But, then again your little rant would make less sense if you responded to what I actually wrote. It's time to move on, to newer, shinier things.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
WHAT? Giroux is an elite superstar 2 way forward. He had an absolutely godawful year yet he would STILL be 2nd in points last year for us. The guy is as clutch as they come, great defensively, great skill set, excellent IQ, underrated shot, VERY good playmaker(we have needed a playmaking center for so long now).

So why would Philadelphia ever trade him then? What's the point of this argument?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

That package including Plekanec is already a mighty bad package. Let me guess: Plek, De La Rose and Fucale?
Not sure what anchor you are talking about. 10 mil off the books next year with Flllpula, Read and Manning. Nobody of importance to sign.

Been said many times but Habs have nothing they are willing to trade (Price, Drouin) for Giroux.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I agree 100%. I would trade Patch before Galchenyuk.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Yeah I would trade Max over Galchenyuk.... I feel like he has more value currently and less value long term,

I would trade Max or Gallagher for a centre who can slot into our 1C spot (wouldn't necessarily have to be a bonafide 1C) an upgrade on what we have would go along way

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yeah I would trade Max over Galchenyuk.... I feel like he has more value currently and less value long term,

I would trade Max or Gallagher for a centre who can slot into our 1C spot (wouldn't necessarily have to be a bonafide 1C) an upgrade on what we have would go along way

Jordan Staal, RNH, Brandon Dubinsky, Jeff Carter, Travis Zajac, Jason Spezza, Paul Stastny aqre possibilities. Even Tyler Bozak could probably help.

We will have to give some value back, but that's ok if it's a boost overall.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
some real comedy on main board. first a drunk hab fan proposes trading pacioretty for sean 'most over-hyped-15-goal-centre-in entire-nhl' couturier - followed by probably most homer fan-base in NHL flyer fans saying 'no' lmao

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I had a dream, Subban for Galchenyuk. Subban playing LD, working with better offensive angles, alongside Weber. Then Giroux for Pacioretty.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I had a dream, Subban for Galchenyuk. Subban playing LD, working with better offensive angles, alongside Weber. Then Giroux for Pacioretty.

Subban and Weber would be a slow pairing. Subban needs a faster partner. So does Weber.

Ekholm works for Subban, and Josi worked for Weber.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Wuh-uh?

We have 9 mil in cap space. Plekanec eats up 6 mil more. Switch the two and we'd have 7 mil in cap space. How much flexibility do you want FCOL?? There comes a point where too much cap space, for such a rich team, is just wasted opportunity.

It seems that cap space has become more valuable and important than having actual friggin talent on the team.

Hey let's not even try to land Tavares either. I mean, dear lord, he'll ask for 10+ mil per, cap space is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad