Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Don't really see Minnie as a good partner given all their depth. Would do Patches for Brodin.

If moving Galchenyuk we need a top guy back. Could swap for Hanifin, which would be fine as he seems to be a top pair guy. As to the Ducks would want Lindholm but can't see Ducks doing that.They could use a scorer at LW.

Prefer Patches going but can't see getting Hanifin for him.

Oh, do not want Giroux. Terrible trade.

So far am impressed MB has not pulled trigger on a stupid Chucky trade.

mikeysvette

Go Seadogs!
Mar 31, 2011
Saint John
Don't really see Minnie as a good partner given all their depth. Would do Patches for Brodin.

If moving Galchenyuk we need a top guy back. Could swap for Hanifin, which would be fine as he seems to be a top pair guy. As to the Ducks would want Lindholm but can't see Ducks doing that.They could use a scorer at LW.

Why not try to get Staal and Brodin? Patches and a prospect, maybe Scherbak. We have an extra LW and Minny is short on that side and we get back a top center to fill the void down the middle. If that's not enough and they are looking for a goalie prospect we have Lindgren.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I really hope "expect the unexpected" means Bergevin offer sheets someone good, instead of losing his best players (Radulov, etc) to free agency.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I really hope "expect the unexpected" means Bergevin offer sheets someone good, instead of losing his best players (Radulov, etc) to free agency.

130708julie-chen-big-brother1.jpg

The votes are in, if your name is called, you are the next Free Agent to join the Canadiens via offer sheet, you then have to Pack your things and get to the airport!

Leon Draisaitl, with a vote of "city of Montreal" - 0, you have been offer sheeted!

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

The summer is still young.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I doubt MB offersheets anyone since he strikes me as someone who could use some cojones. His job is to make the team better, yet it took him forever to fire his friend Michel and I doubt he'll ever fire his other friend Sylvain. He also apparently had the choice between Larry Robinson and another friend of his to coach D, but chose the latter without even meeting LR, probably because he's a friend. There's no way he thought JJD could do a better job than LR. No way. So he's not going to risk having people (other GMs) see him as a bad guy. Appearance is everything.

The votes are in, if your name is called, you are the next Free Agent to join the Canadiens via offer sheet, you then have to Pack your things and get to the airport!

Leon Draisaitl, with a vote of "city of Montreal" - 0, you have been offer sheeted!

But first...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Galchenyuk/Juulsen for PLD/Murray

We just stocked up at RD. PLD is a risk but so is Juulsen

Last edited:

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
just woke up. had a vision....

To Edmonton: 1st round pick 2018 and a conditional pick
To Montreal: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Edmonton gets rid of $6 mil cap to resign Leon Drasatl and Connor McDavid

To Montreal: Noah Hanafin and 2nd round pick
To Carolina: Alex Galchenyuk

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Drouin-RNH-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

Drouin-RNH-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron

Yeah thats a dream alright

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Drouin-RNH-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron

Edmonton fans are pretty happy keeping RNH so Draisatl can play with McDavid.

Reboot

Jul 1, 2003
I still think Gallagher vs RNH is doable, and absolutety keep Galchenyuk you won't get good value.

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov (still hope he signs)
Drouin-RNH-Galchenyuk (should play RW scoring angle)
Lehkonen-Pleks-Shaw

Solve 1-LD via free agency or trade picks for a Brodin/Scandella type D

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Is expecting nothing to happen expecting the unexpected because that's what I'm beginning to expect as the days go by...

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Oilers have a lot of cap room, they can re-sign Drai this year at any cost regardless of an offersheet, and then they'll re-sign McDavid next year too and move or buy out Pouliot if necessary (I don't think it will be)

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yeah we will start the season with $20 mill in cap space.

Re-signing your own players isn't really anything happening. It's what most GMs do. Team needs upgrades everywhere but goalie. If the only 3 moves left are to re-sign markov, radulov and Galchenyuk that's not much of an upgrade over last year. Better hope drouin is the difference maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad