Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
GM fantasy mode activated

Petry re-signed 5,5m per
Parenteau to Hamilton
Plekanec to SJ for Thornton
Desharnais and picks to CHI for Sharp (and we retain salary)

Pacioretty - Thornton - Sharp
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - De La Rose - DSP
Weise - Mitchell - Flynn

Beaulieu - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Markov - Pateryn

Price

:yo:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
:habs

Patrick Sharp (2 years remaining)
John Hayden (prospect)
Bryan Bickell (2 years remaining)
SALARY INCOMING: $10.9M + Hayden RFA

:hawks

Tomas Plekanec (1 year remaining)
Jarred Tinordi (RFA)
Brandon Prust (1 year remaining)
5th Round Pick
SALARY INCOMING: $7.5M + Tinordi RFA

We'd have to find a way to get rid of at least two of Gilbert/Emelin/Parenteau

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

John Hayden (prospect)

Jarred Tinordi (RFA)
5th Round Pick

we're essentially trading all of that for Sharp (who makes 6M a year), its a bad trade

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
we're essentially trading all of that for Sharp (who makes 6M a year), its a bad trade
Hayden > Tinordi.

As for the rest... Bickell is someone who can come in and help contribute. Be it on the 4th line or on Desharnais' wing on the 3rd line.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hayden > Tinordi.

As for the rest... Bickell is someone who can come in and help contribute. Be it on the 4th line or on Desharnais' wing on the 3rd line.

how do you know that? i doubt you watch him play in the NCAA

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

John Hayden (prospect)

Jarred Tinordi (RFA)
5th Round Pick

I feel like you're creating a pretty big hole in shipping out Plekanec and not getting a center in return. Unless there's a replacement lined up in another trade, it basically forces up to keep Desharnais. And DD-Chucky-Eller-DLR could be one of the weakest group of centermen in the NHL.

Wait you want to keep Desharnais? There is no way in the world getting rid of Gilbert and Emelin are priorities over getting rid of Desharnais.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If Oshie is available we'd be foolish not to go after him. I don't see them dealing Steen or Backes unless they want to blow it all up and rebuild which I doubt, they might want a big shakeup which Oshie would qualify as. I'd also be interested in Berglund at the right price. Even Paajarvi-Svensson would be an interesting buy low option.

St-Louis is pretty loaded with top-6 guys, so they are probably looking at defence. They're also a team that values hitting highly, and I could see them being very interested in a guy like Emelin. They probably also like Tinordi for the same reasons. So there is a good fit as trading partners.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I feel like you're creating a pretty big hole in shipping out Plekanec and not getting a center in return. Unless there's a replacement lined up in another trade, it basically forces up to keep Desharnais. And DD-Chucky-Eller-DLR could be one of the weakest group of centermen in the NHL.

Wait you want to keep Desharnais? There is no way in the world getting rid of Gilbert and Emelin are priorities over getting rid of Desharnais.

i dont want to keep DD but we have to upgrade our top 6 with probably 2 wingers... Pac/Gally and Chucky/Plecky at center how do we get those 2 wingers... we have nothing to trade except 1st pick/mccaron/sherbak... it's either one of the weakest group of centers (wich is actually pretty weak) or we trade one of eller/plecky to upgrade on the wings.... if not we'll have one of the weakest group of wingers...

centrehice

Apr 26, 2007
I'd look at an offer sheet for Tarasenko. 8-8.5 millx7years

Kessel for the right price.

If Malkin is available, he'd be another great pickup, even if it meant 2-3 1sts and a player/prospect or 2.

Maybe one of Edmonton's young forwards, or O'Reilly . Iginla if you could get him cheap.

I wouldn't touch Sharp. Too expensive for a 33yo who is on the decline.

Some people are talking about Thornton, but he's too old to be giving away 1sts and good prospects. Also on the decline.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
i dont want to keep DD but we have to upgrade our top 6 with probably 2 wingers... Pac/Gally and Chucky/Plecky at center how do we get those 2 wingers... we have nothing to trade except 1st pick/mccaron/sherbak... it's either one of the weakest group of centers (wich is actually pretty weak) or we trade one of eller/plecky to upgrade on the wings.... if not we'll have one of the weakest group of wingers...

IMO it's much less of a problem to be weak on the wing than at center. Besides, we have Andrighetto, Hudon, Scherbak and McCarron who could all potentially slot on the wings, but I don't think we have anyone knocking on the door to step in and be a top six center if we trade Plekanec and don't replace him. It isn't even guaranteed that Galchenyuk is ready yet.

Just feels like we'd be filling a hole only to create another if we did that proposal.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
If I were GM I d trade him to the Oilers in a mega trade, my goal would be Eberle or Yakupov.

Plekanec, Fucale or
Plekanec, Fucale, DLR for Eberle or Yakupov and some change.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
IMO it's much less of a problem to be weak on the wing than at center. Besides, we have Andrighetto, Hudon, Scherbak and McCarron who could all potentially slot on the wings, but I don't think we have anyone knocking on the door to step in and be a top six center if we trade Plekanec and don't replace him. It isn't even guaranteed that Galchenyuk is ready yet.

Just feels like we'd be filling a hole only to create another if we did that proposal.

i know it's best to be strong at center... but right now we are weak on wings and average at best at center... Andrighetto isnt ready to be in the top 6, don't know Hudon, and Scherbak and McCaron are a big gamble for next year... maybee even longer for McCaron... a 3rd liner is probably more realistic... so it's either status quo or we move the hole somewhere...

would it be better to have one big line with 3 weak ones... or like this year have one top 3 player...

we must not forget that price had an amazing year and that we didnt have any injuries to key player upfront all year... next year could be a disaster with the same line-up... 1st round draft picks could take 3-4 years before they become a part of the solution... that's almost put Price and PK and the end of their peak...

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
If I were GM I d trade him to the Oilers in a mega trade, my goal would be Eberle or Yakupov.

Plekanec, Fucale or
Plekanec, Fucale, DLR for Eberle or Yakupov and some change.

I doubt Plekanec, Fucale and DLR would get you either one of those by themselves. Maybe Yak.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I'd look at an offer sheet for Tarasenko. 8-8.5 millx7years

If Malkin is available, he'd be another great pickup, even if it meant 2-3 1sts and a player/prospect or 2.

Maybe one of Edmonton's young forwards.

I wouldn't touch Sharp. Too expensive for a 33yo who is on the decline.

Some people are talking about Thornton, but he's too old to be giving away 1sts and good prospects. Also on the decline.

You'd offer that much for Tarasenko?? He's an RFA. Not to mention the bad rep we'd get with other GMs, I'm pretty sure that offer has us giving them at least 2 first rounders, right? I know the kid's good, but that's a hefty price.

With Chiarelli in Edmonton, we'd have to give something of reasonably equal value for their young forward.

Sharp or Thornton might work. Though I agree, they aren't getting younger. Though Thornton is known for vanishing in the playoffs. Not sure that's what we want. I think I'd be willing to give Sharp a shot.

centrehice

Apr 26, 2007
You'd offer that much for Tarasenko?? He's an RFA. Not to mention the bad rep we'd get with other GMs, I'm pretty sure that offer has us giving them at least 2 first rounders, right? I know the kid's good, but that's a hefty price.

With Chiarelli in Edmonton, we'd have to give something of reasonably equal value for their young forward.

Sharp or Thornton might work. Though I agree, they aren't getting younger. Though Thornton is known for vanishing in the playoffs. Not sure that's what we want. I think I'd be willing to give Sharp a shot.

Blues fans think he'll be getting 7per from the blues, and they can give him the extra year. You need to overpay a bit in an offersheet. I think he's worth it and is exactly what the habs need. He's super young, and not even in his prime. I think that it would be 3 1sts, and I'd still do it. He'll be in the top 5-10 for goals for the next few years imo

I'd take either thornton or Sharp if it was a steal, but I wouldn't do our 2015 1st, or a 1st++ for either. 5 years ago maybe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad