Trade Proposal Thread - Post Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Martin has SOME offensive ability, not a lot, but a little bit. Maybe that's what Bergevin means by what this team needs to be successful, our 4th liners to score 10g.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Martin has SOME offensive ability, not a lot, but a little bit. Maybe that's what Bergevin means by what this team needs to be successful, our 4th liners to score 10g.

Byron and Mitchell got those 10 goals, unfortunately they had to get a lot of 2nd and 3rd line time to do it too. Byron even got some on the first line when Gallagher was out the second time.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Byron and Mitchell got those 10 goals, unfortunately they had to get a lot of 2nd and 3rd line time to do it too. Byron even got some on the first line when Gallagher was out the second time.

Byron should not be considered a 4th line player this season.

He player i would say close to half his game in the top 6. He played there when Semin was scratched, he played there for some of the games Gallagher missed and he played there some games at the end of the season after we traded Weise and Margarine.

He was then 8th most used forward (TOI/GP) this season among the forwards who finished the season with the team.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Byron should not be considered a 4th line player this season.

He player i would say close to half his game in the top 6. He played there when Semin was scratched, he played there for some of the games Gallagher missed and he played there some games at the end of the season after we traded Weise and Margarine.

He was then 8th most used forward (TOI/GP) this season among the forwards who finished the season with the team.

I did acknowledge that by saying they got a lot of second and third line ice time.

They should be used on the fourth line, which yes, likely means they won't score as many. Byron's shooting percentage was also pretty high.

But I think part of what Bergevin is also saying is that sometimes your bottom six is gonna have to play more minutes due to injuries or whatever, and its nice if they can chip in.

Its nice when they can handle a few games there. We just need to get more top six guys so them playing there is more rare than it was this season.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
if Matt Martin hits free agency, i bet MB makes him a considerable offer... repeat of the Prust signing in his first year as GM (which, imo, was probably his best move).

would be a nice addition, but we'd have to do something about the glut of 4th line players.

I can't wait to dump them for 7th round picks or futures.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Danault - Eller - Carr/Andrighetto
Martin - Mitchell - Byron

Move Flynn & 1 of DLR/Matteau, leaving the depth as:

Andrighetto/Carr, Lessio, Hudon, McCarron, DLR/Matteau, Scherbak (+ whomever they keep among Holloway, Friberg, Bournival et.)

That would be a very solid bottom-6 & depth (even without landing Martin).

the big need, as has been the case since MB took over, the need to acquire top-6 talent.

Patches - Galch - Gally
- Pleks -

lots currently available in the UFA market (pending whom re-signs)...

Stamkos, Ladd, Okposo, Backes, Brouwer, Boedcker, Eriksson, Staal, Jagr, Hudler, Perron, Lucic.

and he's got a top-10 pick, 30-40 pick and another 2nd rounder to work with as trade chips if he doesn't think he can handle the UFA game.

really no excuses left for MB to fail at addressing the top-6 talent needs in his 5th offseason...

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Emelin was actually very very good down the stretch, especially after Subban and Barberio went down. There's no way he's just bought out for nothing, even with his salary.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm disappointed Beaulieu didn't make Emelin completely expendable this offseason.. However, if we can find a way to get rid of him without taking a negative asset back I'd be all over it.

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
I'm disappointed Beaulieu didn't make Emelin completely expendable this offseason.. However, if we can find a way to get rid of him without taking a negative asset back I'd be all over it.

This team still needs Emelin as Markovs ice-time should be less next season and we don't have that many options on left d.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
With Burrows likely being bought out by the Canucks, don't be at all surprised if Bergevin throws a cheap deal at him ala another reclamation project. Higgins being the same boat and a former Hab to boot, I could see both here. Perfect for Mr. BargainBin.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Emelin
Desharnais

For

Burrows
Higgins

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher
Andrighetto Plekanec Burrows
Higgins Eller Carr
Byron Danault Mitchell

Markov Subban
Beaulieu Petry
Barberio Pateryn
Hanley Dietz

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
With Burrows likely being bought out by the Canucks, don't be at all surprised if Bergevin throws a cheap deal at him ala another reclamation project. Higgins being the same boat and a former Hab to boot, I could see both here. Perfect for Mr. BargainBin.

Got improve our bottom 6 scoring. Eventually Bergevin will find a guy who can get 40 points with 4th line usage and offensive zone starts and no PP time. Although I suppose four of our top 6 guys produced at an acceptable rate. DD, Eller, Flash, Weise etc definitely didn't. Ghetto also did in a small sample size.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Buddy I know you like the Canucks but as someone who loathes them here in the lower mainland in gonna tell you, Burrows is finished. He's no more than 4th liner. Let's not talk about Higgins. He's plain ****! Even our loser gm will not pick them up

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Got improve our bottom 6 scoring. Eventually Bergevin will find a guy who can get 40 points with 4th line usage and offensive zone starts and no PP time. Although I suppose four of our top 6 guys produced at an acceptable rate. DD, Eller, Flash, Weise etc definitely didn't. Ghetto also did in a small sample size.

Well, that's MB' MO, stock up on 3rd/4th liners since it costs assets to get 1st/2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad