Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 75 (2 Days Left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Habs will be keeping three vets on D.

Savard
Eddy
Kulak

Petry will be traded in the summer.

Kulak will sign for 3 years at 2.25 to 2.33 per.

The Vets on D will be coupled to tje youngsters

Romanov
Shuny
Guhle/Harris

No big names will be signed during UFA period.
Forget Bergeron and Letang etc.

When you rebuild you don't sign 34+ year olds

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Savard
Eddy
Kulak

Romanov
Shuny
Guhle/Harris

Kulak is gonzo. Savard is only kept because his contract is an absolute albatross. Edmundson is the only one worth keeping.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What sources have you heard that Hughes is dangling Jake Allen? Yet he's talked about all the time in the media when it comes to trades at the TDL. I suspect Edmundson is getting less press coverage because he's only been back a few games, and it wasn't known if he'd be back by the TDL.

Edmundson's in a similar situation as Lehkonen. That Lehkonen's an RFA might make him more attractive to other teams.
But from our perspective, they're both great support players that would be very useful for us to retain. IMO Edmundson is more valuable to the team than Lehkonen. But both might get a huge return in terms of futures in this market.

But yes, we don't know where Hughes stands on him, given he hasn't been asked about him, that I'm aware of. I only consider him available in the sense that I consider Jake Allen available - because they're both vets and we're "re-tooling" or whatever one wants to call it. But don't expect a quick turnaround in the sense that we'll be contending by 2024.
I never said anything about Allen. Where are you getting that?

All I've seen are pundits like Dreger and Pagnotta believing that he might be made available but that's just them connecting dots. They didn't come out and provide evidence of it.

Dreger:

“There’s got to be interest in Jake Allen on the trade front,” said TSN Insider Darren Dreger last week on the Montreal Hockey Now Podcast. “Given the resume, the history of Jake Allen, any of these middling teams like Toronto or Edmonton, teams that don’t have the Cap space to go big game hunting[could be interested]. You can kick tires all day on Marc-André Fleury, that’s just managers doing their due diligence, but Jake Allen would make sense to me.”

Pagnotta:

Your argument about Edmundson returning now doesn't hold since no pundit has made the connection that he might be a candidate for a trade as they've done with Allen, who, just like Edmundson, only recently returned to the lineup.

Lehkonen is in a whole other situation. Teams have specifically asked for him. LeBrun reported that there were half a dozen teams that asked about his availability. The interest and response from Hughes are tangible -- Hughes specifically said that he is prepared to make him available. Lehkonen is also due for a salary increase which is not the case for Edmundson who has a long term deal. Edmundson also plays a position of far greater scarcity than Lehkonen and brings the type of size and physicality that a mostly undersized team like the Habs are in dire need of.

All of these reasons lead me to believe that Edmundson is not in play.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I never said anything about Allen. Where are you getting that?

All I've seen are pundits like Dreger and Pagnotta believing that he might be made available but that's just them connecting dots. They didn't come out and provide evidence of it.

Dreger:

“There’s got to be interest in Jake Allen on the trade front,”
said TSN Insider Darren Dreger last week on the Montreal Hockey Now Podcast. “Given the resume, the history of Jake Allen, any of these middling teams like Toronto or Edmonton, teams that don’t have the Cap space to go big game hunting[could be interested]. You can kick tires all day on Marc-André Fleury, that’s just managers doing their due diligence, but Jake Allen would make sense to me.”

Pagnotta:

Your argument about Edmundson returning now doesn't hold since no pundit has made the connection that he might be a candidate for a trade as they've done with Allen, who, just like Edmundson, only recently returned to the lineup.

Lehkonen is in a whole other situation. Teams have specifically asked for him. LeBrun reported that there were half a dozen teams that asked about his availability. The interest and response from Hughes are tangible -- Hughes is prepared to make him available. Lehkonen is also due for a salary increase which is not the case for Edmundson who has a long term deal. Edmundson also plays a position of far greater scarcity than Lehkonen and brings the type of size and physicality that a mostly undersized team like the Habs are in dire need of.

All of these reasons lead me to believe that Edmundson is not in play.

Yes, we know Lehkonen is in play because Hughes said he'd listen to offers starting with a 1st...

We don't know from Hughes' mouth that Allen is in play, nor have any pundits said Allen Hughes said anything about Allen. Just because the pundits haven't speculated that teams could use Edmondson, as they have speculated that teams could use Allen, doesn't tell me anything about Edmundson's availability.

At the end of the day, we can move on from what Hughes has in mind. Because we only have so much information. I've stated my case for why I would move Edmundson - just like I'd move another useful player in Lehkonen - for the right price. If others want to state their case why we shouldn't, that is an interesting discussion.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes, we know Lehkonen is in play because Hughes said he'd listen to offers starting with a 1st...

We don't know from Hughes' mouth that Allen is in play, nor have any pundits said Allen Hughes said anything about Allen. Just because the pundits haven't speculated that teams could use Edmondson, as they have speculated that teams could use Allen, doesn't tell me anything about Edmundson's availability.

At the end of the day, we can move on from what Hughes has in mind. Because we only have so much information. I've stated my case for why I would move Edmundson - just like I'd move another useful player in Lehkonen - for the right price. If others want to state their case why we shouldn't, that is an interesting discussion.
Again, you have no evidence that Edmundson is in play. I understand it's your opinion. And we'll leave it at that.

I do believe however that if Edmundson was seen as such an obvious candidate for a trade, the mainstream guys would have been all over him, just as they were with Allen. We shall see.

Reactions: jaffy27

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Well just keep him and hope he gets his game back no? I feel like you have no idea how to rebuild...
Get what game back? His ceiling are 6/7th dman.
'' you have no idea how to rebuild''

says the guy wanting to keep Kulak at 2m+

You don't build cup winners with scrap players.

Insulting me saying i dont know how to rebuild then you spit that Kulak shit makes you completely irrelevant.

Most of the things that I wanted to happen are happening . Im not out of track , not because im a f***ing moron posting on a board means im stupid.

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Savard
Eddy
Kulak

Romanov
Shuny
Guhle/Harris

I could see this. I would add Xhekaj and Norlinder to the prospects that could challenge for a job. I think we'll also sign a stop gap vet as insurance in case all the kids aren't ready rather than rushing on roof them. If Kulak or Eddy are moved, we sign a second stop gap, middle of the road vet.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Again, you have no evidence that Edmundson is in play. I understand it's your opinion. And we'll leave it at that.

I do believe however that if Edmundson was seen as such an obvious candidate for a trade, the mainstream guys would have been all over him, just as they were with Allen. We shall see.

Every vet is in play. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
with that garbage contract? Yes.
4th liner that shows up 1 game out of 15 paid 3.5m for 4 years is beyond awful.
Only thing still in Armia's favor is his performance in last season's playoffs. Maybe a counterpart is convinced by that and gets him on the cheap. And if not, regular season Armia will seal his fate.

We've seen teams display irrational exhuberance in anticipation of the playoffs to such an extent that what was supposed to be a buyers' market has been anything but. Maybe one of those teams who can't or won't want to spend, might be looking to an Armia as a cheap source of upside playoff performance.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every vet is in play. I'll leave it at that.
Your opinion, I get it.

I am of the opinion that not all veterans are in play. I have also not seen any statement by management or any pundit saying that all veterans are in play. This is purely your conclusion.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Get what game back? His ceiling are 6/7th dman.
'' you have no idea how to rebuild''

says the guy wanting to keep Kulak at 2m+

You don't build cup winners with scrap players.

Insulting me saying i dont know how to rebuild then you spit that Kulak shit makes you completely irrelevant.
We were talking about Armia and as far as I know, he's a forward...

Try to follow, please.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Only thing still in Armia's favor is his performance in last season's playoffs. Maybe a counterpart is convinced by that and gets him on the cheap. And if not, regular season Armia will seal his fate.

We've seen teams display irrational exhuberance in anticipation of the playoffs to such an extent that what was supposed to be a buyers' market has been anything but. Maybe one of those teams who can't or won't want to spend, might be looking to an Armia as a cheap source of upside playoff performance.
Well if a team is stupid enough to do that would be L.A . Armia was good like 4 games out of 22 during the playoffs. If Hugues had an offer for him even a low pick he would already be gone.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
throwing this out here now. With Florida loading up for this playoff run, they are going to stink in 2 years after all these UFA's leave, and we have their 1st pick 2 years from now. We are getting Bedard.

Reactions: Runner77

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
We were talking about Armia and as far as I know, he's a forward...

Try to follow, please.
Armia is the same battle.

Dude had 2 years playing in the top 6 averaging 17min a game with powerplay time and he can't even get 30 points a season and never f***ing does any board battle whatsoever.

He's another overpaid 4th liner that Bergevin kept because he was dumb.
It's like when Byron was on his last year @The Great Weal and I said was dumb to not trade him and get 2x 2nds instead. Now look where we are another 4th liner that was healthy scratch last season eating too much salary for almost nothing coming back. Those kind of contracts at the reason why we cant pay a Lekhonen 3.5m. We have no cap and we have almost more money wasted on bottom 6 players than actual top 6 players.

removing Bergevin trash will be a long battle.

Also the same goes for Gallagher , awful extension was already on the decline.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well if a team is stupid enough to do that would be L.A . Armia was good like 4 games out of 22 during the playoffs. If Hugues had an offer for him even a low pick he would already be gone.
I don't know about the 4 games out of 22, though. I think he was more impactful than that. But, that said, I too would be surprised if anyone were to complete a deal without asking for certain concessions. He has too much term for the type of player he is.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
throwing this out here now. With Florida loading up for this playoff run, they are going to stink in 2 years after all these UFA's leave, and we have their 1st pick 2 years from now. We are getting Bedard.
You never know. A couple of injuries can derail most teams in any given season.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Your opinion, I get it.

I am of the opinion that not all veterans are in play. I have also not seen any statement by management or any pundit saying that all veterans are in play. This is purely your conclusion.

Correct according to my conscious Hughes would be an idiot to not take a great offer for Edmundson. And I don't think Hughes is an idiot. And, I think this market is capable of generating a great offer.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Armia is the same battle.

Dude had 2 years playing in the top 6 averaging 17min a game with powerplay time and he can't even get 30 points a season and never f***ing does any board battle whatsoever.

He's another overpaid 4th liner that Bergevin kept because he was dumb.
It's like when Byron was on his last year @The Great Weal and I said was dumb to not trade him and get 2x 2nds instead. Now look where we are another 4th liner that was healthy scratch last season eating too much salary for almost nothing coming back. Those kind of contracts at the reason why we cant pay a Lekhonen 3.5m. We have no cap and we have almost more money wasted on bottom 6 players than actual top 6 players.

removing Bergevin trash will be a long battle.

Also the same goes for Gallagher , awful extension was already on the decline.
You seem to be a real tough customer...

That's why you have no clue what you're talking about because guys like Armia, Lehkonen, Byron aren't fourth liners.

I have no idea what NHL you're watching, to be honest.

Reactions: TannedBum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad