Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 74 (3 Days Left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I didn't say Eddy is being dangled, technically I said he's on the market.

And yes, that was meant to be a facetious way of saying he is, or at least should be, available.

Some people are saying you don't trade him unless there's a huge offer. Well, look at the market, there are huge offers left and right...
If he's on the market, he's being made available. If he's being made available, management must have said to someone that he's available unless it all happens by osmosis behind closed doors. And if management has told anyone that he can be had, then he was dangled.

I'm merely suggesting that he is not one of those players that management is looking to move. They have however stated that they're looking to move Petry, Kulak is on an expiring contract (Hughes has specifically asked a 2nd rounder for him) and they've just traded Chiarot -- all of the foregoing suggests that they can't afford to trade another D, especially not one who offers the type of size and physicality that was lost when Chiarot was traded.

If you didn't believe he was on the market, you wouldn't have dozens of posts saying it. However, it's your belief, and that's that. It's just your opinion, there is no source for what you're advancing. Some of the others we're seeing that are being made available have been in the rumor mill or named by management, but I don't remember seeing Edmundson ever mentioned.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Dude! What do you think they'll get for Kulak in a trade?
It’s fair to like Kulak but it’s a tank year, the remaining games are just dead rubber… and he’s a pending UFA. It’s worth thinking about cashing in.

What would be a price you’d be happy with?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
something more useful than Kulak.
If we were to follow this board , we would keep everyone and trade nobody , then we would wonder why there is always no results.

And you think a third-round pick that has like 10% to even become an NHL player is more useful than Kulak? :facepalm:
It’s fair to like Kulak but it’s a tank year, the remaining games are just dead rubber… and he’s a pending UFA. It’s worth thinking about cashing in.

What would be a price you’d be happy with?

I'd keep him if he signs for cheap because I don't think the return will be worth it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If he's on the market, he's being made available. If he's being made available, management must have said to someone that he's available unless it all happens by osmosis behind closed doors. And if management has told anyone that he can be had, then he was dangled.

I'm merely suggesting that he is not one of those players that management is looking to move. They have however stated that they're looking to move Petry, Kulak is on an expiring contract and they've just traded Chiarot -- all of the foregoing suggests that they can't afford to trade another D, especially not one who offers the type of size and physicality that was lost when Chiarot was traded.

If you didn't believe he was on the market, you wouldn't have dozens of posts saying it. However, it's your belief, and that's that. It's just your opinion, there is no source for what you're advancing. Some of the others we're seeing that are being made available have been in the rumor mill or named by management, but I don't remember seeing Edmundson ever mentioned.

What sources have you heard that Hughes is dangling Jake Allen? Yet he's talked about all the time in the media when it comes to trades at the TDL. I suspect Edmundson is getting less press coverage because he's only been back a few games, and it wasn't known if he'd be back by the TDL.

Edmundson's in a similar situation as Lehkonen. That Lehkonen's an RFA might make him more attractive to other teams.
But from our perspective, they're both great support players that would be very useful for us to retain. IMO Edmundson is more valuable to the team than Lehkonen. But both might get a huge return in terms of futures in this market.

But yes, we don't know where Hughes stands on him, given he hasn't been asked about him, that I'm aware of. I only consider him available in the sense that I consider Jake Allen available - because they're both vets and we're "re-tooling" or whatever one wants to call it. But don't expect a quick turnaround in the sense that we'll be contending by 2024.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Retaining Kulak for the remaining games only for him to leave as a FA would suck too.

I doubt Hughes keeps him unless an extension is in place or the framework already agreed…

As for the return, I’d be quite impressed with a 2nd round pick and anything additional. You can say we have too many picks but that’s not a real problem — you can trade picks to trade up and down in a draft, you can draft more projects, you can draft players who’d season in the NCAA/KHL for 3-5 years, you can give yourself better offersheet availability.

I don’t see any downside to having more picks of any kind.

If the best we’re offered is a 5th round pick then I guess it’s worth considering keeping him for lack of warm NHL quality bodies… but if it’s a Tank year then we don’t want too many NHL quality players do we?

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
On what regard?
The high end of Beauvillier greater than Leikhonen a margin and he is still young and a 1RST round pick.
Dufour is tearing the Q at 19 YO ad will be a NHLer power forward in the next two years....he has that skill...
The Habs win that trade hands down.

1st > Beauvilier
Lekhonen > Dufour

Easily decline

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I agree Eddy won’t be moved at this time. Seems highly implausible.

That said, if the Habs are not rebuilding — why was Toffoli on a darling contract and loved by the squad the first man out?

It can’t be because he was too slow for MSL…
While ive never been a fan of toffoli even though he is a good player, he really is too slow. It was the perfect time to trade him, he probably asked to leave to a contender and kh obliged.

Reactions: MilesNewton

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
the only reason you would keep him is if he signs cheaply for another year so you aren’t forced into playing guhle in the nhl

if he wants to test the market you have to trade him lol

Even depth UFA's like Kulak can get big offers on the open market.

If the plan is to keep him, I'd try to extend him now. But if that's the case and he doesn't sign by the TDL, I'd trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad