Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Tankers didn't want him to trade them either because they didn't think we could contend. Most of everyone from all sides was happy. I wasn't and was pissed off they didn't make more moves at the 2015 deadline/fetch a goalie when Price went down the following year.

Congrats, excellent judgment and vindicated by history.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wouldn't mind claiming Cam Dineen off waivers from Arizona. Really liked him in his draft year, would be like the Clague pick-up a chance at a defenseman with some skill.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Said it before but I feel sign/trade with Chiarot will be attempted by other GM's. I had his price value at two 2nd's before this 1st came along. I can see the 1st happening but not 100% sure on that. No doubt GM's want Chiarot but it takes special circumstance for them to pony up. Sign/Trade would be something I see GM's trying and if they can make that work, we get our 1st for sure.

Without wishing any injuries to anyone, some are bound to happen between now and the TDL. Someone is bound to get desperate.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I know that 1st round picks are awesome.
I know that as fans the draft is in MTL, so these picks will be great to hear
but... these picks may not turn out to be on the team for 2-4 years

if they get a couple very solid prospects , habs know what they have and are not as far off to help this squad

thoughts???

Reactions: Garnet76

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Same since I've been a fan the only time we had 2 firsts was in 2007 and then the subsequent year we traded away our first for Tanguay.

I remember we had two in 2000 (Hossa and Hainsey) and two in 2001 (Komisarek and Perezhogin). Good times.

Reactions: Doc5

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

if they get a couple very solid prospects , habs know what they have and are not as far off to help this squad

thoughts???

I'm not sure what the question is. Are you suggesting the Habs trade 2022 picks for prospects that are further along in their development?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I'm not sure what the question is. Are you suggesting the Habs trade 2022 picks for prospects that are further along in their development?
sorry
what I meant is trade players for top end prospects.
I know not all trades will get a prospect, but a pile of picks is 4-5 years away from helping. that is even if they turn out

Reactions: Garnet76

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018

thoughts???
No, I believe the team and the fans really need a boost after this season, a big draft will go a long way to calm the faithful,

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
sorry
what I meant is trade players for top end prospects.
I know not all trades will get a prospect, but a pile of picks is 4-5 years away from helping. that is even if they turn out

Yeah, I agree. If we can swing a prospect that is further along and easier to project, I think that would be preferable to a draft pick, generally speaking (of course it depends on where you project the pick and the quality of the draft class). Though there are a lot of question marks with draft picks AND prospects given the limited exposure over the past couple seasons and loss of development time.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i've been thinking about the fact that habs are unlikely to trade many of their canadian or euro players - for now. Even if there is a market for some of them. with all the whispers of American UFAs unlikely to want to play in Canada or Montreal because of COVID restrictions right now

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i've been thinking about the fact that habs are unlikely to trade many of their canadian or euro players - for now. Even if there is a market for some of them. with all the whispers of American UFAs unlikely to want to play in Canada or Montreal because of COVID restrictions right now

interestingly, you've gotta wonder if the opposite might also start to be a factor in UFA signings... with how off-the-rails the COVID response is across the US, on top of the other cultural/social issues that continue to simmer, will there be more canadian and/or european players who specifically want to play in Canada to keep them/their families out of the US?

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if we see a few opportunities like that materialize

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
interestingly, you've gotta wonder if the opposite might also start to be a factor in UFA signings... with how off-the-rails the COVID response is across the US, on top of the other cultural/social issues that continue to simmer, will there be more canadian and/or european players who specifically want to play in Canada to keep them/their families out of the US?

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if we see a few opportunities like that materialize
i hope you're right, but based on all the leaks in the media (from agents) it seems to be the opposite

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i hope you're right, but based on all the leaks in the media (from agents) it seems to be the opposite

i would assume that we won't hear as much publicly... not many Canadian destinations so if I'm a player wanting to sign in Canada, I wouldn't want my agent letting that out there and instead would want him working the phones more discreetly when the time comes).

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Jeff Petry offensive game is picking it up. Not a good time to trade him IMO.

If he can salvage the season and end up with around 20 points, his value should be good at the draft or 2023 TDL if he has a good season next year.

Drouin might have value this summer or even at TDL for a team looking for secondary scoring.

Forst the rest, Gorton needs to hire the GM already and start working those phones. The f*** is he waiting for.

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Which pieces of this team would play an important role in a cup winning team?

Our highest value piece is pacing for 42 points, and will start earning close to 8M$ next season.
Our bluest chip prospect as 1 goal in 29 games.
Starting goalie is probably done.
Number one defenseman on LTIR, clearly done.
Our best prospect goaltender can't stop a beach ball.
Our best young defenseman is a top 4, not a first pairing D.
The prospect pool as no elite prospect.

Everything else is average/garbage, overpaid and/or old.

IMO we have no core. We are starting from ground zero.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Without wishing any injuries to anyone, some are bound to happen between now and the TDL. Someone is bound to get desperate.

The return should be solid due to several teams in on him. No doubt about it. Just don't know if it's 2nd rounder and a prospect or a 1st. Hard to guess but the return should be good.

Reactions: Runner77

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Which pieces of this team would play an important role in a cup winning team?

Our highest value piece is pacing for 42 points, and will start earning close to 8M$ next season.
Our bluest chip prospect as 1 goal in 29 games.
Starting goalie is probably done.
Number one defenseman on LTIR, clearly done.
Our best prospect goaltender can't stop a beach ball.
Our best young defenseman is a top 4, not a first pairing D.
The prospect pool as no elite prospect.

Everything else is average/garbage, overpaid and/or old.

IMO we have no core. We are starting from ground zero.

Chiarot, Toffoli, Edmundson, Allen, Petry, each have a good chance of attracting significant interest at the deadline.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes sir! Just like I was when I was advocating trading for O'Reilly and most of this board was against it. There's other things but there's good reason why I feel roughly 90 percent of this board are low-quality posters in a beehive.

I wanted ROR too but for the cost the Blues paid, not the cost they were asking us cause of the divisional thing. I recall it being a 1st (Caufield) and Poehling as a starting point? I just wonder though... If we make that trade, what would have changed? Do we move Patch for Suzuki+ if we had ROR? I would assume we had a better roster? It's quite possible we have ROR and Patch today but no Suzuki, Caufield, Poehling. Not going to say what's better but it an interesting thing to evaluate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad