Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Dvorak to Edmonton makes sense. They need 3C help. I’d move him for what we gave up (1st + ‘24 2nd).

Chiarot to Florida makes sense. I’d move him for a ‘23 1st or Samoskevich.

Reactions: HabsForHire

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
It’s an alright trade. Probably a bit in Edmonton’s favour even.

Chiarot is worth a 1st. That’s been widely reported.

Allen is worth a 2nd+ and Lavoie has been underwhelming. Lavoie has 9 points in 22 games in the AHL. Allen is more valuable than Lavoie in my opinion.

On top of that, we take on Koskinen. Addition by subtraction for the Edmonton. They get a massive upgrade in goal.

I don’t frequent on the Oilers boards but I’d have to imagine they’d jump at that deal looking at missing the playoffs in year 7 of the McDavid era. It would be embarrassing for their organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It’s an alright trade. Probably a bit in Edmonton’s favour even.

Chiarot is worth a 1st. That’s been widely reported.

Allen is worth a 2nd+ and Lavoie has been underwhelming. Allen is more valuable than Lavoie in my eyes.

On top of that, we take on Koskinen. Addition by subtraction for the Edmonton. They get a massive upgrade in goal.

I don’t frequent on the Oilers boards but I’d have to imagine they’d jump at that deal looking at missing the playoffs in year 7 of the McDavid era. It would be embarrassing for their organization.

There is no trade proposal coming from a Habs board that would ever find acceptance on their forum. They'll rip it to shreds and then they'll claim that their prospects are untouchable. I think the best feedback is to reason it out as you did, break it down, rely on precedents so that at least you end up with a meaningful exchange somewhere on the internets.

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
What about to the Yotes, rights to Jordan Harris, Logan Mailloux, Joel Armia and our and 2nd rounder in 2023 for Jacob Chcycrun?
A guy that won’t sign with them
A controversial sexual defamation offender
A freshly signed bad contract
Seems fair to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethan Wiles

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Thats bad for us.
Chariot alone should be worth around a 1st + 3rd.
Allen could possibly bring back a 2nd round pick, which I would easily take over Lavoie.
I meant Bourgault instead of Lavoie but a middle of the pack team like EDM's 1st is worth way more than a 1st from cup contender teams.

That being said:
High teens 1st>late 20s 1st+3rd

Lavoie~mid 2nd round pick

If there are no better offers I take this.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A guy that won’t sign with them
A controversial sexual defamation offender
A freshly signed bad contract
Seems fair to me.

For a guy that might not re-sign with the Habs after his deal expires. Increased rebuild chance of disappointment. Why make a move like that now? I don't see the point. Make a move like that after the rebuild. Unless we are not rebuilding? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I meant Bourgault instead of Lavoie but a middle of the pack team like EDM's 1st is worth way more than a 1st from cup contender teams.

That being said:
High teens 1st>late 20s 1st+3rd

Lavoie~mid 2nd round pick

If there are no better offers I take this.

Bourgault is a guy I can see the Oilers thinking about using if they go after improvements. I think they would trade him before Holloway but if the Oilers and Habs get into any serious talks (Chiarot, Allen, or Price), My strategy would be to let them keep Broberg and Bouchard and target Bourgault and Holloway and 1sts. Depends on who we are trading but that's the targets we should look at with the Oilers. Lavoie would just be a grade B add on in any deal.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Better bet that Petry, Gallagher and Price will perform 3+ years from now then when we will be ready to compete (or retire early) because otherwise, it's their contract that are going to be the handcuffer of this team.
Gallagher will play like he always do or he will be on LTIR by the end of his contract. It's nice to have him scoring 30 goals a year, but he also brings a lot of energy and work ethic that will be needed in a rebuild with kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad