Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
At the beginning of the season when Bergevin was asked about re-signing Radulov, he used Vanek as an example why not to rush and sign guys after hot starts with their new clubs.

When I hear that, it makes me doubt he has any sort of interest in bringing him back.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
At the beginning of the season when Bergevin was asked about re-signing Radulov, he used Vanek as an example why not to rush and sign guys after hot starts with their new clubs.

When I hear that, it makes me doubt he has any sort of interest in bringing him back.

Funny how at the beginning of the 15-16 season, he gave an extension to Plekanec that overpays him by at least $2M a season.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
radu is known as a warrior even in playoffs, he gives it all so I wouldnt worry about it. Vanek plays whenever he feels like it.

Honestly I think we should aquire 2-3 players for playoffs.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Let this be known, we're not going to land a Duchene this year.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Let this be known, we're not going to land a Duchene this year.

Doesn't look like it is in the cards.

Patrick Sharp, Doan, Iginla, Eaves seem like more realistic targets that can add depth up front.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
And also, do you guys remember Vanek what he was like on defense? Vanek in the offense zone is money but he is lost whenever he is challenged and has to actually defend, remember that?

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I don't see the Habs acquiring Duchene as being any more or less likely than it was yesterday. PC comments by GMs are (almost) meaningless with respect to that.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
For the playoffs....its not always about adding the most skilled player....its about adding the right player. Sometimes they overlap....sometimes a guy like Eaves goes on a run in the playoffs and outscores 1st liners. MB's job is to find the right player.

Someone mentioned Tampa as a target which would be interesting. Would a guy like Palat be available given their cap situation. That would be worth paying a high price.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
we can give up on the duchene to habs stuff i just never saw berg trading sergachev in any situation whatsoever,with that being said the players i see the habs getting between now and the deadline is prob hanzal and, or burrows :shakehead

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
For the playoffs....its not always about adding the most skilled player....its about adding the right player. Sometimes they overlap....sometimes a guy like Eaves goes on a run in the playoffs and outscores 1st liners. MB's job is to find the right player.

Someone mentioned Tampa as a target which would be interesting. Would a guy like Palat be available given their cap situation. That would be worth paying a high price.

Yes Eaves is having quite the year.

I don't even take the Colorado stuff seriously at this point. They're showing a bit more interest than Edmonton did to trade some young stars but I'll believe it when I see it. Took em 3 years to make a move and they gave up Hall for a lot less than they were hoping for.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
And also, do you guys remember Vanek what he was like on defense? Vanek in the offense zone is money but he is lost whenever he is challenged and has to actually defend, remember that?

So what? If we can implement a better offensive strategy where we play in the offensive zone more than the habs are stuck in their own end, it may not be much of a problem.

The habs, if we look beyond their recent goalie struggles, they need to add scoring depth as the consistency of scoring is not there. We have scored more goals this season than in previous season, but we have also had more larger score games that skew the average. 50% of the habs game end with them scoring 2 or less goals. IMO they would need to bring that down to about 40%, which over an 82 games schedule makes it 33 games with 2 or less goals and 49 games scoring 3 or more. The best scoring teams score 2 or less in 30-35% of their games. I don't believe the habs have the makeup to be this strong, but with Carey Price playing the way we all know he can, I believe another top 6 player that pots about 20 goals a year can help us achieve 40% or lower in the 2 or less goals category.

Bring on anyone short term that is cheap if you can't get a long term option that doesn't break the bank (Duchene and Landeskog will most probably break the bank)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Vanek was good in regular season for 18 games then vanished in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Radulov has been our best and most consistent forward all year.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Duchene's speed is amazing, just looking his speed is wow

We should really try anything to acquire him. He is a bit small not much but with Gallagher duchene and a good 2nd line LW we would be ready for playoffs.

I love this lineup once again

pac-galch-rad
LW-Duchene-Gallagher

That 2nd line winger can be a rental....then you put lehkonen with danault and shaw as third line. I still have faith in E.Kane I dont care about his off ice antics. With bergevin and julien, they will be controlled. And if he does anything stupid, Weber will talk to him. His size and shot is still interesting.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Vanek was good in regular season for 18 games then vanished in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Radulov has been our best and most consistent forward all year.

Just to clarify, when I say bringing "him" back, I meant Vanek. MB is definitely going to do his best to get Radulov signed here long term.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Yes Eaves is having quite the year.

I don't even take the Colorado stuff seriously at this point. They're showing a bit more interest than Edmonton did to trade some young stars but I'll believe it when I see it. Took em 3 years to make a move and they gave up Hall for a lot less than they were hoping for.

Yeah...unless they drop the price none of those guys are getting moved. Its smart for them to try to get someone to overpay. They have no reason to make a trade unless its an overpayment. They can make their moves in the summer if no one bites.

As far as MB goes...he might need to overpay at some point to get the top centre this team needs. He just needs to overpay for the right guy

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Duchene's speed is amazing, just looking his speed is wow

We should really try anything to acquire him. He is a bit small not much but with Gallagher duchene and a good 2nd line LW we would be ready for playoffs.

I love this lineup once again

pac-galch-rad
LW-Duchene-Gallagher

That 2nd line winger can be a rental....then you put lehkonen with danault and shaw as third line. I still have faith in E.Kane I dont care about his off ice antics. With bergevin and julien, they will be controlled. And if he does anything stupid, Weber will talk to him. His size and shot is still interesting.

Love the idea of getting Duchene and keeping AG but I just don't see it. Would the Avs give us Duchene for a bunch of picks and prospect?

Does anyone know if Shaw has a NTC?

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Love the idea of getting Duchene and keeping AG but I just don't see it. Would the Avs give us Duchene for a bunch of picks and prospect?

Does anyone know if Shaw has a NTC?

I guess it depends on what he can get elsewhere. If he's traded before the TDL then I don't expect it will be until the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad