HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
I wonder how involved we are in current trade talks. Not so much, selling depth players, finalizing trades like Allen, brokering 3 team trades, working on young guys like Zegras, thinking of adding to Laval, all of the above...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I even tagged you in the reply. Capfriendly is my source but you need to lookk further than summary ;)

Ok, I just saw it. Yeah, if they can LTIR Timmins & Giordano then that opens up $1.9m in space.

Issue with Martin Jones is they would have to waive him to send him back now. He could very well get claimed. With how inconsistent Samsonov has been, and Woll coming off an injury, they might not want to chance losing him.

They're definitely not sending down Reaves or McMann. McMann would also not clear waivers. The only player that can be sent down without waivers is Knies, and they won't do that either.

I wouldn't say $1.9m is a lot of space. Probably why they're looking at Edmundson. They need to stay cheap.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Don't think that quote has anything to do with Newhook, he's saying they wanted a 2C with team control to fix the problem long-term instead of paying a 1st for a rental.

The Avalanche already made their view on Alex Newhook's ability to be their 2C clear by trading him and immediately trading for two other veteran NHL centers.

Reactions: Andrei79

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Ok, I just saw it. Yeah, if they can LTIR Timmins & Giordano then that opens up $1.9m in space.

Issue with Martin Jones is they would have to waive him to send him back now. He could very well get claimed. With how inconsistent Samsonov has been, and Woll coming off an injury, they might not want to chance losing him.

They're definitely not sending down Reaves or McMann. McMann would also not clear waivers. The only player that can be sent down without waivers is Knies, and they won't do that either.

I wouldn't say $1.9m is a lot of space. Probably why they're looking at Edmundson. They need to stay cheap.
I saw somewhere yesterday that Timmins has now been fully cleared to resume playing again but I guess he could have some sort of a "setback" before coming off IR. :rolleyes:

They should be able to add Gio to LTIR and save 800k though since it looks like he could be out a while..

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not sure why they gave him that contract. Not only was he clearly trending downwards, he’s so slow. It was never going to really fit with the Avs up tempo style.
The Preds gave him that contract, they retained 50% and traded him for Galchenyuk. I used to like RyJo a lot, the guy was awesome in the playoffs. But man is he lazy and he's got some attitude issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad