Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread #83: Trade Deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The J-squad would be good also (Okay, we'll keep 2-3 to be politically correct)

Joel Edmundson
Joel Armia
Jonathan Drouin
Jake Allen
Josh Anderson
Jesse Ylonen
Jonahtan Kovacevic

Man, while writing this post I just realize there's so many players on this team with a first name starting with J....it's nuts. Jordan Harris, Juraj Slafkovsky, Justin Barron.....

There's also 2 x Jakes. Jake Allen & Jake Evans.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I think this is very telling that he likely gets moved
I mean it could be, could also just as likely mean that he knows the rumours are swirling and gets emotional realizing he’s the last of the d from that run whose still here. Look at the team, the entire d except eddy has turned over, Allen’s left in net and at forward its down to Suzuki, caufield, armia, and Gallagher.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Hmm. I wonder why this list starts at 17. :skeptic:
I do agree with the statement though, broadly speaking. A late first-rounder and a prospect do not strike me as wild overpayment.
The poster actually said 20-32. I went as high as all playoff teams, including the wildcards. But yeah, Guhle at 16 was very good. (Note: Armia in Buffalo was also 16th). Does it change the point really? Anderson should not be moved for a "late first" and ordinary prospect (say Smilanic). My absolute minimum would be an 18th plus a Farrell/Roy/Heineman showing well in D+x , or better.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I mean it could be, could also just as likely mean that he knows the rumours are swirling and gets emotional realizing he’s the last of the d from that run whose still here. Look at the team, the entire d except eddy has turned over, Allen’s left in net and at forward its down to Suzuki, caufield, armia, and Gallagher.
Evans too I think. Drouin did not play in the playoffs, but then again neither did Allen, even if he was dressed for every game.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If Hugues think dumping 30 points Anderson and Vanilla Harris with the highest 1st will give him a free Dubois then he better not f*** up

We are heading into next season with the same exact roster
I hate to tell you this but next season is 8 months away with one more day of TDL, the draft, UFA, a whole summer of trades. and a few weeks to test Farrell and Heineman.

The only thing you're right about being the same will most likely be the defence and that's not a bad thing, with 5 d-men playing in their sophomore season.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You weren't hired to get rid of that bucket of shit, you were hired to renovate the cabin. It would be nice to get rid of the bucket of shit, but you've got a limited budget and the truth is that getting rid of the bucket of shit quickly will incur disposal fees.

And the truth is, what matters is the cabin was renovated, not how quickly you got rid of the bucket of shit.
I don't know where you live but here in Montreal, I can dispose of my crap for free. I just flush the toilet.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I hate to tell you this but next season is 8 months away with one more day of TDL, the draft, UFA, a whole summer of trades. and a few weeks to test Farrell and Heineman.

The only thing you're right about being the same will most likely be the defence and that's not a bad thing, with 5 d-men playing in their sophomore season.
Disagree with you on defense. None of those vets are getting better.
Harris is just not that good.
Xhekaj is cool but i don't see him as a top 4 dman but more like a Gudas minus he's not a p***y.
Guhle is a sureshot our #1 moving forward.
As for Barron , kid needs to stop acting like Jake Evans and need to check around him.

The goalies will stay the same.

Caufield Suzuki Slaf Dach Evans Gallagher Armia Hoofman Ylonen and Dvorak are pretty sure to comeback.
Perhaps the Dubois trade happen and we lose Anderson. If not add Anderson to the list.

That's 11 forwards + Pezetta and Pitlick as extras.

Our vets have no value minus 1 or 2.
We would be stupid to rush more 1st rounder that we are drafting this year. Slaf is a mess no need to add.

Heineman is projected bottom 6 at best
Players like Roy and Farrel should go in the ahl. Perhaps even Slaf.

Next year deadline is where this team should have a complete new identity.

We really need to trade for RHD and top 6 center.
Suzuki need helps and Guhle needs a real top 3 dman with him. This need to be a top priority.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
FWIW - McGuire said the other day on Melnick’s show based on discussions he’s had w management & scouting types and what he had seen of the prospects heading into this season while working for Sens, this draft is nothing special with the exception of Bedard and definitely not deep
That's when Dorion showed him the door and told him to leave the city of Ottawa or he'll break his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad