Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread #78

Would you consider trading down out of the Top 3?

• Yes I would trade down

• No, keep the pick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Keyword here is decent, they all suck.

As for all the defenseman and goalies you mentioned, they’re alright but I was more so referring to forwards.

Gallagher maybe if he rebounds but if he stays like he was this year then he’s not much good and Byron is a bottom of the lineup player, not the type of guy you want to help Suzuki/Caufield progress.
Point is that we have no shortage of veterans on the team to support the young players. If we want to move forward, we have to move some out. Right now, despite being a 'rebuilding' team, we only have two core young players on our roster (Suzuki and Caufield - some might argue Romanov). Suzuki and Caufield did just fine last year under MSL - Suzuki is a young vet himself and neither require the likes of Anderson or Dvorak to progress.

Reactions: Andrei79

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Why not - straight up:

From MTL to NYR:
Jake Allen

From NYR to MTL:
Alexandar Georgiev

AyyoCully

Oct 14, 2019
Point is that we have no shortage of veterans on the team to support the young players. If we want to move forward, we have to move some out. Right now, despite being a 'rebuilding' team, we only have two core young players on our roster (Suzuki and Caufield - some might argue Romanov). Suzuki and Caufield did just fine last year under MSL - Suzuki is a young vet himself and neither require the likes of Anderson or Dvorak to progress.
I would just prefer Suzuki and Caufield to play with someone that can actually help them out like Anderson has proven he is capable of doing, we have two young stars and I don’t want them to have to play with Hoffman, Gallagher, Armia, etc. If we can get someone else that is decent for those two then I would gladly deal Anderson.

It would be very beneficial to both Nick and Cole to have a good linemate that they can create chemistry and grow with so that when we are ready to compete we have a top line that is proven to work. Whether that is Anderson or someone else I don’t care but I see no one else on this roster that is a fit for them.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I personally would trade down in the Top-5 because I don't see a huge difference due to COVID. Of course it would have to be a very big return.

However, I don't think Montreal should unless they're in the same boat.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I want to will a Dubois+scraps for Anderson+Dvorak+Edmundson+Mailloux trade into existence.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I want to will a Dubois+scraps for Anderson+Dvorak+Edmundson+Mailloux trade into existence.

Jets fans will want the moon and won't do that kind of package, but what you're offering is good value. The value is of three later 1st round pick plus Edmunston (a 2nd?). I don't want to get rid of Mailloux and I think the Habs should wait for Dubois to be a free agent to sign him for free, and the Jets can't possibly eat that much salary. I'm not sure it's a doable deal.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Probably better to trade each of them for 1st rounders/prospects and just sign Dubois in 2 years. If he already wants to come here, we should have a young and exciting team for him to join in 2 years.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If we can get 7 and the top 5 goes:

Wright
Slaf
Cooley
Nemec
Gauthier

We get either Jiricek or Lekkerimaki at 7. Both would be a big win.

If we can walk out of the first round with:
Wright
Jiricek/Lekkerimaki
Ohgren/Mcgroarty

I will literally dance with joy.
Wright
Lekkerimaki (7th)
Ohgren

… is the perfect scenario for me.

Solve the D later if Barron and Mailloux don’t step up.

Add those 3 to the lineup along with Hubes. ;)

Ohgren - Suzuki - Caufield
Roy - Wright - Letterimaki

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
If I had to guess it's probably because Georgiev is terrible

This is our goal tbh...if we can get Georgiev on a cheaper contract then why not, he'll help us lose and we can pawn him off to the highest bidder as a back up rental.

Well to my suggestion of trading Allen for Georgiev, COL has just acquired Georgiev for 3 draft picks. So I guess COL is starting to tank !?!?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Well to my suggestion of trading Allen for Georgiev, COL has just acquired Georgiev for 3 draft picks. So I guess COL is starting to tank !?!?

Yeah because Colorado has the same team in front of Georgiev as we do :facepalm:

There's an extremely short list of goalies that would prevent our 2022-23 team from sucking and a very very long list of goalies that wouldn't move the needle or make us worse. Guess which list Georgiev is on?

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
This is the type of move a team has to make if they don't already have an Allen.
They have no cap space and all available goalies will cost too much, including their own Kuemper.
From a MTL pov it's a clear downgrade to go from Allen to Georgiev.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Probably better to trade each of them for 1st rounders/prospects and just sign Dubois in 2 years. If he already wants to come here, we should have a young and exciting team for him to join in 2 years.

I want him to make a super line with Suzuki-Caufield and help Wright develop by being his LW in the next 2 seasons.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Terrible move . Roy is gonna be a good one . Still only 18. Romy is a stud #4
So the roy overrating has officially started, solid prospect but 2nd overall gives you a very high shot at an elite prospect. I'd pull that trigger

Expos94

May 13, 2022
So the roy overrating has officially started, solid prospect but 2nd overall gives you a very high shot at an elite prospect. I'd pull that trigger
Over rating ? I said he's gonna be a good one not the next Crosby. He finished top scorer in the Q as an 18 year old . Go see when that's happened before. Yes slaf might turn out to be special, he also might be the next armia. You re giving up a lot for a gamble

Reactions: Garry Valk

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Over rating ? I said he's gonna be a good one not the next Crosby. He finished top scorer in the Q as an 18 year old . Go see when that's happened before. Yes slaf might turn out to be special, he also might be the next armia. You re giving up a lot for a gamble

NJ doesn't even pick the phone.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
W
Who says I'm taking slaf 2nd lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad