Confirmed with Link: Trade! Petersen & Walker & Grans and a 2024 2nd to Flyers : Kings 30% retention on Provorov and get Connauton and Hodgson

Jun 30, 2006
I think the frustration is watching Blake make mistakes and then try to paper it over with these kind of moves.

I personally think the trade is a wash, we’re burning up assets at a high rate but it does give the Kings flexibility to sign Gavrikov and/or Hellebuck/korprisalo.

If Blake can do that and retool the bottom 6, it would be a good off-season but Blake plays these things way to safe.

Reactions: tny760

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Where is all this supposedly clamoring for Blake to trade Peterson somehow this year from posters? Most i see understand that the deal Blake signed Cal to made this a bad option now and instead preferred to let Cal sit in Ontario for the year and then waive him in the final year (next year).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't mind the trade, but you're looking at it too much in a vacuum. We gave up four assets to retain one (and possibly two) other assets, that we just gave up three other assets to get.
This summarizes my problem with the trade better than anything I could say.

Though at this point it's fair to say Petersen is no longer an asset.

I know GMs keep things close to the vest, but I'm not a fan of Blake saying that they need to turn CP into an NHL goalie before trading him. Last season it was "We need Kaliyev to be a top six player" before trading for Fiala.

He doesn't need to lay it all out, but I miss Lombardi being more candid and clear with his plan and what type of moves we can expect. Instead of getting short term goals "we need to go beyond the first round" and just assume that nothing else is to be taken seriously

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Does Durzi really have value to not be included in this trade for future considerations?
Durzi is the FO/TM golden child. He's more likely to sign a high $$ LT extension than get traded (i'm joking...well partially joking)

If Gavrikov (6M?) and Vilardi (4M?) are both signed, Kings likely still don't have enough cap space for a goalie.
Nor a 3rd LHD who is not a true RHD; nor additional size/toughness throughout the lineup; nor a real 4th line...i'll stop. Oh, but we do have plenty of cap space available to sign a new HC and GM

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
It's painful watching Blake pretend to be a GM of a professional sports team. For every step forward he takes 2 steps back. If he doesn't sign Gavri to a minimum 5 years, he should just step down as "GM". This move makes sense if he can sign a decent Goalie and Gavri with the cap space, otherwise....

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Ive said this a few times already, but I think the Kings need to look at their Euro amateur scouting. Kupari and Grans were both toolsy picks who had question marks about putting it all together. They keep drafting guys who are physically toolsy and/or competitive but with limited upside. It only really worked out with Kempe and Cernak but that's 9 and 8 years ago and I don't see any of their more recent Euro picks tracking that well.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Anyone care to explain what incentive Gavrikov has to sign a f***ing 2 year deal with us? I hope he laughs in Blake’s face and tells him “your team’s not a contender bud” since Blake is the only one that doesn’t see it.

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
Kudos to Vlad Gavrikov and his agent- they played this brilliantly. With all contending teams up tight against the salary cap, Gav would have had to take a contract with a bottom dweller with cap space. Instead, they recognized that Blake was desperate. RB could not let Gav walk for nothing so they press for a short term deal with larger dollars knowing the cap will be higher in a couple of years. Thus, they forced Blake to make a less than ideal trade to raise cap space knowing that Gav can come back to the market at age 29 with a much higher salary cap seeking a max term contract. Thus, barring injury, Gavrikov can maximize the amount of dollars he will make over his career. Blake got played, pure and simple because he put himself in a box to begin with.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
FORWARDS (14)
Right Wing: Adrian Kempe ($5,500,000) - Viktor Arvidsson ($4,250,000) - Gabriel Vilardi ($4,000,000) - Arthur Kaliyev ($894,167)
Centre: Anze Kopitar ($10,000,000) - Phillip Danault ($5,500,000) - Quinton Byfield ($894,167) - Blake Lizotte ($1,675,000) - Rasmus Kupari ($1,100,000)
Left Wing: Alex Iafallo ($4,000,000) - Trevor Moore ($4,200,000) - Kevin Fiala ($7,875,000) - Carl Grundström ($1,300,000) - Jaret Anderson-Dolan ($825,000)

DEFENSE (7)
Right: Drew Doughty ($11,000,000) - Matt Roy ($3,150,000) - Brandt Clarke ($863,333) - Sean Durzi ($1,700,000)
Left: Michael Anderson ($4,125,000) - Vladislav Gavrikov ($6,000,000) - Tobias Björnfot ($983,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
xxxxxxxxx
Pheonix Copley ($1,500,000)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1)
Ivan Provorov ($2,025,000)

TERMINATION FEES (1)
Mike Richards ($700,000)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Cap Hit: $84,059,667
Cap Space: -$559,667

Someone else is still probably getting moved.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Anyone care to explain what incentive Gavrikov has to sign a f***ing 2 year deal with us? I hope he laughs in Blake’s face and tells him “your team’s not a contender bud” since Blake is the only one that doesn’t see it.
Don't worry - he'll respect Blakes's balls when he sees Kopitar and Doughty banished to the press box. That will give him all the incentive in the world.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
1 last hoorah with Kopi. And then a quick peek to see how things go when Matthews signs with the Kings :sarcasm:

Reactions: Bandit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad