Trade one of: Ehlers/Hall for Barzal/Tavares?

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
14-team keeper where we keep LW, C, RW, D, G.

I have Getzlaf/Namestnikov at C. Looking to trade a LW to upgrade. Another team has Tavares/Barzal. He can only keep one.

Are both of them upgrades to Getzlaf? Should I trade now or in the offseason? I suggested we wait but he said "we can just do it now". I'm in first, he's in 12th.

FYI Ovechkin is my LW keeper.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I would absolutely try and grab Barzal or Tavares (in that order), and do it now. I would go Ehlers for Barzal/Tavares. The Isles score in bunches.

Just my take. Obviously you are in first, so you have made a lot of good decisions to this point. So go with your gut. But the above is my two cents.

Reactions: RonTextall

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
I would absolutely try and grab Barzal or Tavares (in that order), and do it now. I would go Ehlers for Barzal/Tavares. The Isles score in bunches.

Just my take. Obviously you are in first, so you have made a lot of good decisions to this point. So go with your gut. But the above is my two cents.

I appreciate the advice. If he wants Hall, would you do it now?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
He wants to wait in case Barzal gets LW/RW availability. Is he playing the wing at all?
Not from any of the games i have seen. And i watch a lot of Isles games. He's gonna be waiting a long time.

That's weird. He either is on the block or not. Sounds like cold feet on Barzal. Yeah, then go with Tavares.

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
If Barzal gets LW/RW eligibility, he can keep both. That's why he decided to wait.

Barzal hasn't start a single game this season at LW / RW. Locked in as the Isles 2nd line C. Dude will be waiting for a train that never arrives. Just saying.

When the season started there was a possibility Barzal would be on Tavares' RW, but Bailey got that spot and Barzal hasn't looked out of place at C on the 2nd line at all. To the contrary in fact, dude is making waves in the NHL.

Last edited:

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
Barzal hasn't start a single game this season at LW / RW. Locked in as the Isles 2nd line C. Dude will be waiting for a train that never arrives. Just saying.

When the season started there was a possibility Barzal would be on Tavares' RW, but Bailey got that spot and Barzal hasn't looked out of place at C on the 2nd line at all. To the contrary in fact, dude is making waves in the NHL.

He can only keep 1C, so while I may not be able to get one of them this year, a trade in the offseason makes sense.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
The other owner offered these two up again. I offered Hall/Namestnikov for Barzal/Perron.

I would keep Barzal at C and Perron is a rental.

Other F keepers would be Ovie LW and Ehlers/Simmonds RW.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
I got Trocheck and an 11th for Namestnikov and a 9th.

Offered Hall/Henrique for Barzal/Perron.
ETA: Done deal.

Going forward, who do I keep between Barzal/Trocheck?

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha, I have the same option in my keeper league. Keeping 6.

My 5 definites, McDavid, Marchand, E. Karlsson, Barzal, Crawford/Rask.

My dilemma is 2 goalies, or Trochek.

So for me, I am definitely going Barzal over Vinny. But I hope to get him back with my first or 2nd pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad