Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Still waiting on your response to my question, by the way
No, I hear what your saying. My initial comment was more in regards to Jarmo picking up scraps, while Pittsburgh goes out and makes actual moves to make their team better. Bjugstad would have been a welcome addition here, and now that this trade went down, I dont see Florida moving a Borgstrom to us in any trade deal, nor any other center on there roster, other than Brassard. A move was there to be made, now it appears that ship has sailed. Maye we actually get Duchene, and I'll eat some crow, but this rebuild has gone on for what seems like forever

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Thank you.

4 bust first rounders (Dano, Milano, Rychel and Wennberg) already in his tenure. He has handled the Bob and Panarin situations very poorly. He handled Johansen despicably. His free agent signings have been pathetic. Not to mention the Horton insurance debacle which contributed to Karlsson's loss. Bob and Atkinson were not handled well as RFAs-though it appears that he lucked out with Atkinson's last deal.

He and JD ( he of one playoffs series win in 14 years as a team prez) are the problems not the head coach.
Are we really going to knock Jarmo's scouting? For every bust 1st rounder, he pulled a great pick in the later rounds. He traded Johansen for Jones, you can't knock him for not giving a spoiled kid money he didnt deserve. His FA signings have sucked, agreed there. He was going to lose one of Karlsson or Anderson or Kopri either way and he signed Atkinson. It's interesting how someone can look at things so negatively while refusing to be objective.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Well V, and a few others, give me some credit for seeing what a joke Wennberg was 2 years ago. I am not a Johnny-come-lately to the Wennberg sucks philosophy. I consider myself to be a founder of the organization. But what concerns me the most is that I am just a fan. And Jarmo, the big shot GM, could not see what was plainly evident to me as a fan.
I proudly say Ive been right there with you:D. Not to toot my own horn, but I've also been saying for 2 years Bob would be gonzo, that the writing was on the wall with Jarmo. No goalie is worth 10 mill in todays NHL. Even 7 mill is a huge stretch. Give me 2 solid goalies to platoon, our defensive core, and upgrade the forwards, and we will finally go some where.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Are we really going to knock Jarmo's scouting? For every bust 1st rounder, he pulled a great pick in the later rounds. He traded Johansen for Jones, you can't knock him for not giving a spoiled kid money he didnt deserve. His FA signings have sucked, agreed there. He was going to lose one of Karlsson or Anderson or Kopri either way and he signed Atkinson. It's interesting how someone can look at things so negatively while refusing to be objective.
I think his scouting has been pretty mixed, in all fairness. Foudy ? Maybe he breaks the trend, but Wennberg, Dano , Rychel were devestating misses. I'm still convinced Milano could be really good if we had a coach that coached todays NHL. Hes definitely snagged some gems in the later rounds, but I think its fair to question our scouting.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Every GM has their ups and downs. Nobody gets it all right. Sure Wenny, Rachel and Dano were busts but taking Luc over Puljujarvi looks brilliant right now. Just stop signing Bruins UFAs and you win half the battle right there.

That said, I have been thinking this for awhile. This team is a classic JD and JK Blues team. Lots of good character middle six guys and little top end offensive skill guys. Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win a series.

I keep hoping things will change, certainly we CBJ fans deserve better. JD and JK are not going anywhere...at least in the near future so all we can hope is that they get more right and less wrong.

Considering where we were over the first twelve years of the franchise, its nice the bar has been raised. In those first ten years we were over-achieving just being .500. Now we are in a playoff race and its not good enough.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I think his scouting has been pretty mixed, in all fairness. Foudy ? Maybe he breaks the trend, but Wennberg, Dano , Rychel were devestating misses.

Wennberg is hardly a "devastating miss". All three of these were in one draft year and I guess you are upset because we didn't grab Burakovsky or Mantha? I'm really not sure where you are going with this. That 2013 draft was hardly full of wins outside of the top 10.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Rychel was a miss sure but a late 1st on him wasnt unreasonable. Dano his 1 yr here was a hit and helped bring in Saad so it was a great move to see him play and realize the value and move him for a now then Saad turned into Panarin so mentioning Dano is crazy. Wennberg when he actually shot the puck wasnt a miss. Recently sure but go back 2 years and that season and before he was at least a solid pick.

BakerMayfield

Feb 4, 2019
No, I hear what your saying. My initial comment was more in regards to Jarmo picking up scraps, while Pittsburgh goes out and makes actual moves to make their team better. Bjugstad would have been a welcome addition here, and now that this trade went down, I dont see Florida moving a Borgstrom to us in any trade deal, nor any other center on there roster, other than Brassard. A move was there to be made, now it appears that ship has sailed. Maye we actually get Duchene, and I'll eat some crow, but this rebuild has gone on for what seems like forever

So you would have given up whats left of our draft for a 30 point player? Lol

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
@TheFourthPeriod: 8 teams with scouts/mgmt on hand for Ducks/Leafs tonight: CAR (3), CBJ (2), DAL, FLA (2), NYR (2), VAN, VGK, WPG

.... Jackets are done playing both Anaheim and Toronto... 2 scouts. definitely something worth keeping an eye on.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
But what concerns me the most is that I am just a fan. And Jarmo, the big shot GM, could not see what was plainly evident to me as a fan.
No offense, but that comes more under the heading of blind squirrels and acorns than a GM competence assessment. If there was a consensus opinion that early, and there were multiple examples, that'd be reason for worry. The Wennberg situation, tho? Everybody makes mistakes.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
@TheFourthPeriod: 8 teams with scouts/mgmt on hand for Ducks/Leafs tonight: CAR (3), CBJ (2), DAL, FLA (2), NYR (2), VAN, VGK, WPG

.... Jackets are done playing both Anaheim and Toronto... 2 scouts. definitely something worth keeping an eye on.
I bet we’re looking at one of Silfverberg or Rakell as a LW upgrade.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Definitely think we’re looking at someone from Anaheim, I can’t imagine Toronto is looking to subtract anything from their roster.

I doubt it’s Silfverberg, though, Anaheim is working on signing him to an extension. Now, Rakell? I can get behind that.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Definitely think we’re looking at someone from Anaheim, I can’t imagine Toronto is looking to subtract anything from their roster.

I doubt it’s Silfverberg, though, Anaheim is working on signing him to an extension. Now, Rakell? I can get behind that.

Rakell is such a beauty of a player. would absolutely love him in union & blue.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Every GM has their ups and downs. Nobody gets it all right. Sure Wenny, Rachel and Dano were busts but taking Luc over Puljujarvi looks brilliant right now.
Hell, right now Laine is looking like he should have gone after PLD, given his recent execution woes.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
“I can say, ‘What the f***, Bread?’ and ‘What the f***, Bob?’ but what’s that going to do?” said Atkinson, one of Panarin’s closer friends on the club. “Trust me, we’ve had those conversations before, but ultimately it’s their decision. I’m not going to hold a gun to their heads, even though I should. I might have to.
“Everyone in their position has that right. You only get so many chances in your career to have that opportunity (unrestricted free agency), so why not take advantage of the situation? Everyone is different. I love it here (in Columbus). I started playing my career here and I want to finish it here, but everyone’s different. That’s all I can say.”

“You have those conversations,” Foligno said. “It’s nothing I’m going to talk about out loud. Just knowing them and the way they … I can’t control how they feel, personally, and it’s something I’m not going to worry about because I can’t change that.
“I told them both, as long as you’re here, you’re going to play as hard as you can for us and do everything you can to help us win. I don’t think anyone can argue that they’ve done that.”

“Whatever their reasons (are for not signing contract extensions), as long as it doesn’t bleed into this team — which it hasn’t — then I have no issues,” Foligno said. “(With) Bob, one time it did, and we addressed it and moved on.
“Everybody’s human. They’re going to have these emotions, but that was the reset we needed for those guys: ‘Hey, whatever emotions you’re having cannot come into this room.’ That was addressed and it’s been moved on and it’s been great since. That’s all we ask of anybody.”

Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin free to make their...

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I’m sure the players have known for a while now that these dudes are 100% gone. Gotta be tough in that room. Foligno says “things have been great” since they confronted Bob but the record says otherwise. 100% the faster we all move on, the better. (Before the season would have been preferable )

Pretty easy to see through the mirage that their situations aren't affecting the team.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Rakell is such a beauty of a player. would absolutely love him in union & blue.

G-d, I wish. Silf seems more likely, tho, if only because contract plans may fall apart. Rakell is a very good player on a very good contract; that's the sort of asset they're likely to want to keep regardless.

I'd be stoked with Rakell or Silfverberg. Like big time stoked. :yo:

Anaheim is definitely going to be selling too so maybe we can actually work some magic.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I could see CBJ scouting both ANA and TML. Kapanen would be a nice get as would Andreas Johnsson but I don't know that we fit with TML. Would be nice to see if a Panarin swap would work. Nylander? Kapanen and a 1st?

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Am I the only one who isn't crazy about a one time 49 pt winger? Rakell would be incredible though, I would throw a lot at him. I'm pretty sure we don't want to know the asking price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad