Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
“It does no good to pout and get pissed off at each other,†said Suter. “You’ve got to come together and dig out of this. Now’s when you need leadership more than ever. It’s easy to be a coach and a leader when things are going good.â€

Then be a leader and don't worry about your effing Norris.

Billy Mays Here*

Umm no, only way you trade Brodin is for a # 1 Center IMO

You don't get a #1 C for Brodin alone, and you certainly don't get one with our current cap situation. The Hamonic deal makes more sense as it's two players on somewhat similar contracts, both are young, and the Isles need a d-man going back.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
You don't get a #1 C for Brodin alone, and you certainly don't get one with our current cap situation. The Hamonic deal makes more sense as it's two players on somewhat similar contracts, both are young, and the Isles need a d-man going back.

Maybe true but if Brodin isnt in that package for a # 1 center then we have to part with more assets and right now we cant afford to give up many more picks or prospects

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Only part of Suter's comments I disagree with is him saying its not fair to play Brodin on his "off-side" when its quite clear that Brodin is more comfortable and better player on his "off-side" than his natural side.

3rd pair is going to be garbage if they put the 4 good ones as the top-4 so I'd expect heavy minutes for all 4 of them.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think I agree with the few that have said we should be looking to trade Dumba. Starting to get the feeling that we might actually see a trade instead of just the usual speculation.

And I don't really have a problem with Suter saying that. The drama could open up a little more if we lose the next few games. :popcorn:

Yeah, guess which RW isn't scoring

It's more than just the goals that's the issue. Pommer has 1 goal and still has more than 40% of points by RWs this year.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
God, if we could get some cap space, we could probably get Johansen for something like Dumba, Ek, and Olofsson.

Would hate to lose Ek though.

JoCro11

Nov 30, 2015
Ship Pominville to Montreal for picks (and cap space). Use some of the high Montreal picks to make a Brodin-Belpedio-Haula+ offer for Johansen, and a Dumba+ offer for Hamonic. Columbus gets their defensive future and an excellent pk center, Islanders get a right handed defenseman and picks, Wild finally contend and can afford Spurgeon. Thoughts?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ship Pominville to Montreal for picks (and cap space). Use some of the high Montreal picks to make a Brodin-Belpedio-Haula+ offer for Johansen, and a Dumba+ offer for Hamonic. Columbus gets their defensive future and an excellent pk center, Islanders get a right handed defenseman and picks, Wild finally contend and can afford Spurgeon. Thoughts?

Pipe dreams.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
God, if we could get some cap space, we could probably get Johansen for something like Dumba, Ek, and Olofsson.

Would hate to lose Ek though.

not a chance. It starts with Brodin, then add one of our young guns, then add a prospect or pick.

Until our D settles down I'm not crazy about moving any of our top 4. I don't know when Hamonic became this great player. Last year NYI were saying that Leddy and Boychuk were their #1's. I'll take the locked up 22 yo who can skate like the wind, thanks.

I wish we had Leopold around to steady the young guys like Dumba and Folin.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Only way we can get rid of Pomms is if we take back cap. Emelin is too much cap but Gilbert would be perfect. $2.8M cap hit with a deal that is done after this year. Habs fans agreed to this a few weeks ago and I am starting to think it isn't an awful idea. Not like we need Gilbert necessarily but he could be Dumba's new Leopold :)

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

MTL has no cap space to take on Poms. The other trades are unrealistic.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If we take back $3M they will. ($2.8 really)

Nobody is touching that contract regardless. At the rate he's on, he'll be lucky to crack 10 goals and 20 assists. That is roughly $93k by your amount an opposing team takes on for each point he scores this season. Not to mention he clearly won't get the ice time and PP time he gets here with an opposing team. So that number could be significantly higher. Bad investment for any team that isn't trying to put butts in seats by name notoriety alone.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nobody is touching that contract regardless. At the rate he's on, he'll be lucky to crack 10 goals and 20 assists. That is roughly $93k by your amount an opposing team takes on for each point he scores this season. Not to mention he clearly won't get the ice time and PP time he gets here with an opposing team. So that number could be significantly higher. Bad investment for any team that isn't trying to put butts in seats by name notoriety alone.

Huh, I guess 10 assists in 22 games means he'd need to be awfully lucky to get 10 more in the final 60.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Poms is at a .5PPG pace. Not great, but if he scores a couple he will be a viable commodity on the trade market. Check out guys Like Voracek, Crosby, and Eberle.... they are having slow starts also, and they have heavier, and in some cases, worryingly heavier, cap hits.

I'm not a big Poms fan, but there is no denying he has had a legit NHL career.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

In a main board thread a number of Habs fans and myself (3X Armchair GM of the Year) agreed to:

MTL receives:

Pominville

MN receives:

Gilbert
2016 2nd (they have ours and I want that $*** back)
2017 3rd

Their cap situation isn't nearly as bad as ours and their RW depth is awful, especially with Gallagher's injury. MTL would be interested, most fans seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad