Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency III

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
likewise of course Rolston is going to say he wants to stay here even as his home is on the market. you have to like the people like Madden who actually mean it.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Please let's not get Brodeur and let him retire at NJ... Rather not spend anything more than a 5th-7th on a bad rental. Or actually if we can get him cheap why not. If we can make a surprise in playoffs it's good to have him just in case.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Brodeur is one of those players that will always have value because of how legendary of a player they are/name they have. Regardless of how good he was, he's not going to anything for us this year. And Lou won't trade him for crap. Unless they get a 1st or maybe a potentially high-to-mid 2nd, it's not worth letting him go to another team. Players that play over the span of two decades on one team have an intangible value. Plus, it'd be weird seeing him in colors other than red and black. Just retire in Jersey.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
My opinion is the same, that being we will trade for a goalie with some experience.

It is interesting that Jim Mill, assistant GM to Fletcher is watching New Jersey and Chicago(Brodeur not playing)--perhaps to talk with him about waiving his no-trade clause.

Just speculating of course, however at this time of year for him to be on road scouting it is for good reason.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
not sure if it's salient or not, but one of them (Flahr and Mill) is assistant GM while one is assistant to the GM. I think they're both mostly out of the office scouting all season.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
So, Tyler Myers is reportedly available. Coyle+ for Myers seem like a good base to start from?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Or could we go big for Myers and Miller?
Coyle, Zucker, Dumba, Backstrom (cap dump) and 1st for Myers and Miller?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So, Tyler Myers is reportedly available. Coyle+ for Myers seem like a good base to start from?

Hell no. Myers' value has gone down each and every year since his Calder campaign 5 years ago. OMG, he's huge.. But does he make smart choices? Not really. Not worth giving up anything of value for two former stars who are about to hit FA and/or their value is at an all time low.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
My opinion is the same, that being we will trade for a goalie with some experience.

It is interesting that Jim Mill, assistant GM to Fletcher is watching New Jersey and Chicago(Brodeur not playing)--perhaps to talk with him about waiving his no-trade clause.

Just speculating of course, however at this time of year for him to be on road scouting it is for good reason.

Where did you see that?? Maybe he is scouting Gaborik LOL

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

No. That would leave us with legitimately all prospects that are 2+ years away. Plus it'd be horrible to not have a 1st round pick 2 years in a row. Myers isn't worth that much. Myers is signed until next century, that contract is a huge risk to take on.

And I really don't want to trade for a big rental like Miller.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Russo seems to have soften up on the no chance the Wild trade for Ryan Miller stance. When the initial rumor came out he said No way the Wild trade for Miller, now he says since the market for goalies is light he thinks maybe the Wild swoop in and maybe make a move for Miller

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Russo seems to have soften up on the no chance the Wild trade for Ryan Miller stance. When the initial rumor came out he said No way the Wild trade for Miller, now he says since the market for goalies is light he thinks maybe the Wild swoop in and maybe make a move for Miller

Hmm. I'm thinking Zucker + WPG 2nd + conditional pick depending on Miller re-signing. That I could live with. It will most likely be more, though.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
If the Wild make the move for a goalie, I'd rather it were Brodeur over Miller.

Miller is gonna want to be the MAN, and I think the Wild are sitting a pretty special young goalie in Kuemper. Premature perhaps, but he looks like the goalie of the future: big, quick, loose, he's good.

I'd love for him to have the chance pick Brodeur's brain though as the season winds down and the playoffs approach - Marty would be backup and coach at the same time. Granlund Selanne, Kuemper Brodeur. Playing with legends is good for the development of young players.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
If the Wild make the move for a goalie, I'd rather it were Brodeur over Miller.

Miller is gonna want to be the MAN, and I think the Wild are sitting a pretty special young goalie in Kuemper. Premature perhaps, but he looks like the goalie of the future: big, quick, loose, he's good.

I'd love for him to have the chance pick Brodeur's brain though as the season winds down and the playoffs approach - Marty would be backup and coach at the same time. Granlund Selanne, Kuemper Brodeur. Playing with legends is good for the development of young players.

Good points, although EVERY goalie wants to be "the MAN". When your job is to be either a #1 or a #2, every professional athlete would prefer the former.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Good points, although EVERY goalie wants to be "the MAN". When your job is to be either a #1 or a #2, every professional athlete would prefer the former.

Yes, and that's why Brodeur supposedly wants out, to play. Still you are talking about a 41 year old vs. a 34 year old. Who ever gets Miller is likely to want to extend him, which again, I'd like to see Kuemper get his chance.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't want Miller. What's wrong with Kuemper?

Has Heatley actually scored his way into being a tradable asset? Since we're near the end of the season his salary won't be as much of a factor.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Don't want Miller. What's wrong with Kuemper?

Has Heatley actually scored his way into being a tradable asset? Since we're near the end of the season his salary won't be as much of a factor.

I think he's scoring his way into being an asset for us through the end of the year.

Gundee1114

Aug 4, 2011
Minnesota
Man it sucks Harding couldn't be playing now, hopefully he can come back from it. But, if he can't, I'll take Miller over Brodeur please, especially if his price drops like Russo mentioned that it might. A 2nd + Prospect (+ ?) would be fine for him. Brodeur has dropped off way too far for my liking anymore. Miller still has game, and probably will for a few more years. And with the potential for Vanek (who honestly, I feel like he will take a discount to come here), maybe we resign Miller to a 2-3 year extension and go for the Cup.

Parise - Koivu - Nino
Vanek (6.75) - Granlund - Pominville
Cooke - Coyle - Zucker
Haula - Brodziak - Fontaine
(Amnesty/Trade Mitchell)

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Ballard/Stoner - Prosser

Miller (~6.5, give or take a few hundred thousand)
Kuemper

That's what I would love to see opening night for '14-'15.

Edit: As I'm looking at it, I forgot about Backstrom. If we could somehow get him in the deal to get Miller, that'd be fantastic.
2nd + Backstrom + Prospect (+ ? ) would be great.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
In his past 14 starts, Darcy Kuemper is 9-2-2 with a 2.02 goals-against average and .933 save percentage. Just get a decent backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad