Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You'd think there are more urgent needs than Paquette to be addressed.
Sometimes I feel like Bergevin is going through the list of players, and just goes after the ones he "likes" no matter the fit and the team's needs are.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
As mentioned in the previous thread, Paquette for under 1mil would be a really interesting signing for the 4th line.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Sometimes I feel like Bergevin is going through the list of players, and just goes after the ones he "likes" no matter the fit and the team's needs are.

We need depth players to fill out the roster regardless. Paquette for under 1mil doesn't prevent us from signing any other player. Might have just been an easy negotiation and a good fit.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We need depth players to fill out the roster regardless. Paquette for under 1mil doesn't prevent us from signing any other player. Might have just been an easy negotiation and a good fit.

Yup. You need depth players. You do.

But we also need a top-9 C, a top-9 W, 2 RHDs and likely re-signing Perry, Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen. NOW might be the time to get things going... You can't fill all those needs in one day. And we just let go 2 opportunities to address those needs. So we might want to hurry and address ACTUAL needs. Not signing dime-a-dozen extra players.

TheHabs BruinRipper

Mar 4, 2015
ontario
Imagine Deangelo come in and form a friendship with Poehling (a kid who took heat for his Republican beliefs).

I get your low risk point but Deangelo's been an asshole bully since he was in Junior and has shown no signs of growing up. I don't want his negative influence on any Habs players even for one day.

Not to mention, he's brutal defensively.
Stop. Do players get targeted for their Democrat beliefs? Liberal beliefs? Conservative beliefs? Nothing wrong having Republican beliefs (half of United states electorate). Lets stick to hockey, and keep politics out of this. I could not care less for who a hockey player votes, as long as he plays hockey, is a team player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

You would think fans would chill at using $1M and under contracts as a major negative towards Bergevin. Do you seriously think that all signings need to be done in order of cap hit and priority? Because we signed a guy at $1M and under, it was our prime focus? We can't work on several things at once?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You would think fans would chill at using $1M and under contracts as a major negative towards Bergevin. Do you seriously think that all signings need to be done in order of cap hit and priority? Because we signed a guy at $1M and under, it was our prime focus? We can't work on several things at once?

Filling 4 major needs on the same day? Nah. Not really. It's been seen like once or twice in the past 20 years. Once when Gainey was our GM. But I wouldn't hold my breath as there is probably going to be a shortage of available players at the rate things are going around the league (guys re-signing and whatnot).

There are 3 days where you can shape up your roster. Trade Deadline. Draft Day. Free Agency. 2 down, 1 to go.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Stop. Do players get targeted for their Democrat beliefs? Liberal beliefs? Conservative beliefs? Nothing wrong having Republican beliefs (half of United states electorate). Lets stick to hockey, and keep politics out of this. I could not care less for who a hockey player votes, as long as he plays hockey, is a team player.

Agreed. I give a shit what your political views are as an athlete.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Id rather have Paquette then a guy like Staal. Every team has to have a few depth guys that can slot in and out of the lineup. Id be okay with Bergevin doing this.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who's the source for Paquette? What's the word on the player for anyone who has watched him more than me?

4th line center option for under a $1M. It's all rumors right now cause nothing can be made official until July 28th. But I saw that rumor as well. I'll try to find the info and repost it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Paquette is a good 13th forward to have around given he can play centre or wing, zero issues if we sign him for under a million.

True.

But we're already stacked with non-offensive wingers and need another offensive winger, as the tampa series showed:

Anderson - Caufield
Drouin - Gallagher
Toffoli - Armia
Byron - Lehkonen
Pacquette - Perry

Reactions: iamtalbot

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...Wait, what's the problem with signing Paquette? You kinda need a 13th forward, preferably not a youngster, and he'd come at close to league min.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Id rather have Paquette then a guy like Staal. Every team has to have a few depth guys that can slot in and out of the lineup. Id be okay with Bergevin doing this.

Agreed. Staal was slow and did the best he could but was limited. Call me bias or crazy, but I love the big dudes that skate well when you are rounding out your roster. If this is true, Paquette at under a $1M for a 4C option is a solid move.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The one I'm really, but really curious about is Pius Suter. Not qualified at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad