Proposal: Trade/FA Thread Offseason Edition Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Flyers got taken to the cleaners in that trade.

It may be the result of a bidding war. If MTL, WNG and EDM where indeed trying to get him, they may have driven the price up. Regardless... this is too much for Risto....

I'm very concern with what we may get now.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It may be the result of a bidding war. If MTL, WNG and EDM where indeed trying to get him, they may have driven the price up. Regardless... this is too much for Risto....

I'm very concern with what we may get now.

yeah. Finally, let's keep our 1st pick and hope it is a home run.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I propose we sign guys from he KHL and keep our picks.

Bring back Dietz, Emelin and Sekac.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'm okay not to have paid that price for Ristolainen. Interesting target, but really steep for a guy that can walk at the end of the year.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
What amazes me is that GMs value cap space at an absolute premium because of the flat cap "era". Yet, they pay in futures, league-minimum contracts to acquire roster players... Unless you're an immediate contender, you should hold onto draft picks like dear life. Chances at homeruns (bad scouting year) and ESSENTIAL low salaries in today's NHL aren't enough for some GMs to keep it in their pants?

Incredible.

GMMB was right, real life isn't Playstation... it's worse. The Risto trade is just ridonculus.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
yeah. Finally, let's keep our 1st pick and hope it is a home run.
I'd rather move it and build for now. an 18 year old is maybe 4 years away from stepping in. I'd like to say our chances are opening up now and if we can send that 30th pick as a part of a package to get a player to help now and in 4 years lets do it

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
So the D names that have been linked to the Habs so far: Savard, Soucy. Who else?

Other names mentionned here by users who wish to have them. Feel free to add targets.
Hamilton
Dunn
Lindholm
Montour
Schmidt

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seth Jones would be the best replacement for Shea Weber. We can certainly move Romanov in that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad