Trade, FA, Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
I was referencing the poster who said we should trade him in a heartbeat if we can get Armia. Which feeds the feeling of some here implying Stastny is not that good anymore. Which I disagree with.
I am that poster and I said trade Copp in a heartbeat for Armia not Stats

Reactions: Hobby Bull

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Domi? I guess if it's pay copp 5 or trade him then I suppose I'd probably do that deal if cbj retains but it probably wouldn't be my first or ideal option. That one is in Vancouver now..

I wonder if Konecny wouldn't fit better.
He'd be an ideal RWer if you ask me.
Would Copper, Heinola and Chisholm be enough.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Domi has not been good I watched him when I was watching Laine last season and he is not good. Weak defensively, no physicality, decent hands but doesn't make up for what he gives up on his side of the red line. Don't want him.

Reactions: Hulide

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
What are you trying to trade home for? Defenseman and picks?
No defensemen needed. Wow, feels good to say that :D

The need is a winger to replace Copp on the third line for a number we could fit under the cap ($2.5-3M). Recouping some later round picks is good, too.

Lehkonen + 3rd is an idea kicked around on the trade boards that I personally would go for.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
What we need for Copp is basically another Copp, That would make a trade difficult because both teams would need to make a borderline parnallel move. Maybe one team will think they're making an upgrade over the other and cap space/gained lost will certainly be part of the equation.

^This is if we trade him of course

Last edited:

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
What we need for Copp is basically another Copp, That would make a trade difficult because both teams would need to make a borderline parnallel move. Maybe one team will think they're making an upgrade over the other and cap space/gained lost will certainly be part of the equation.

I wouldn’t be opposed to getting a player who could be a bit of an agitator [kind of like a Pionk forward] or player that is more of a net front presence. I don’t believe there are players like this on the Jets current roster or their prospect pool.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
if domi is the trade option: he's a year away from ufa, would rather just keep copp for the year since that's the case. think copp is a more versatile player able to play both C and W very well, better defensively, and showed some good PP numbers last year. Domi is better offensively though.

imo - if copp wants 5m i think you move on at that price. trade him for the best package of picks or prospects available. im bias - but am a big tatar fan esp back to the Wings days. i think as a top-9 fwd he can replace what perreault did for us in terms of being a possession-god out there, as well as high proficiency of 5v5 offense. his value is likely low since he had a poor finish to his tenure in MTL and i doubt he's getting lucrative offers from other teams. he might settle for a 1-2 year deal at 2-3m or something like that.

in terms of 5v5 offense over the past 3 years, tatar ranks 22nd in the nhl in total points, only Jet ahead of him is Scheifele. in terms of efficiency (pts/60) he's 19th over the same time-frame. could be a good "buy-low" guy that can slot in your middle-6.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

I wouldn't mind moving Copp for futures. For instance, if part of a package that brings in a promising RHD prospect

Reactions: boydkc and Cypruss

GCn07

Feb 27, 2018

What we need for Copp is a poor man's version of Copp....one we could afford. I think if we could find a 3rd liner that is solid defensively + picks/prospect that would be what we are looking for. Copp brings some offence to the third line and is a potential top 6 on some teams. We would not recover that in trade and get the cap number we need in order to facilitate the trade in the first place. Therefore, we are not looking to replace Copp with Copp....we are looking to replace Copp with, pardon the expression, Copp Light. That is achievable. Assuming, of course, that we can't find a way to fit Copp in under the cap because that is what this all predicates on...otherwise we keep him imo.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
What we need for Copp is a poor man's version of Copp....one we could afford. I think if we could find a 3rd liner that is solid defensively + picks/prospect that would be what we are looking for. Copp brings some offence to the third line and is a potential top 6 on some teams. We would not recover that in trade and get the cap number we need in order to facilitate the trade in the first place. Therefore, we are not looking to replace Copp with Copp....we are looking to replace Copp with, pardon the expression, Copp Light. That is achievable. Assuming, of course, that we can't find a way to fit Copp in under the cap because that is what this all predicates on...otherwise we keep him imo.

i

Alas, poor Archie, we barely knew ye...

Reactions: kanadalainen

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

I proposed Copp for Lehkonen and a 3rd on the main board. I think that’s pretty good for both teams.

Reactions: jamiebez

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I wouldn't mind moving Copp for futures. For instance, if part of a package that brings in a promising RHD prospect

What's problematic with that is we run the risk of turning the 3rd line to another 4th line and become even more top heavy. If we do a futures deal with Copp, then we need to get a Tatar or similar player I think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad