Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think at this season we would more probable be sellers, not buyers. Holland already overcrowded this team at summer. Since then, he has added Huskins there.

I'm hoping for a quantity <> quality trade, but there isn't many that stupid GM's in other teams anymore that could take that bait.

Only player I really want to get traded off from our team, is Cleary at the moment.

So a trade like Cleary + something valuable <> something more valuable, would be my greatest hope that I don't believe we will se happening.

Cleary for a low pick would be nice.

CloneHakanPlease*

Hopefully not a rental. I don't really think we have a very good chance to win the Cup this year. Wouldn't mind Weiss if we think we can re-sign him.

Honestly I just hope we unload cleary to an eastern team needing depth for a 4th rounder or something. Anyone who wants someone like Iginla has unrealistic expectations of how good both he and the Wings are right now.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
From what I gather next year's draft is supposed to have great depth. Trade as much of our " bottom six depth" (heh) as possible for draft picks and let Nill and Hakkan work their magic. Only trade I'd do is for a major piece, like say Keith Yandle, but we all know that ain't happening.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Well we know for a fact that Detroit has had scouts at a Buffalo vs Florida game and at the Toronto Philly game last night. Im guessing the Florida scouting was over Ellerby but who knows.

I'm not sure we really gain anyone, it would have to be an impact pllayer and that would cost a lot. I wouldnt be surprised to see us gain a few later round picks by trading guys from the bottom 6. The need for space is coming soon. Cleary might have more value then some people think, hes beena s trong playoff guy and a team looking for a depth scorer might look for him for a playoff run

RedWingsNow*

Well we know for a fact that Detroit has had scouts at a Buffalo vs Florida game and at the Toronto Philly game last night. Im guessing the Florida scouting was over Ellerby but who knows.

I'm not sure we really gain anyone, it would have to be an impact pllayer and that would cost a lot. I wouldnt be surprised to see us gain a few later round picks by trading guys from the bottom 6. The need for space is coming soon. Cleary might have more value then some people think, hes beena s trong playoff guy and a team looking for a depth scorer might look for him for a playoff run

You gotta know Detroit is looking at defense... and probably right-handed defense.

I think you can trade cleary for someone's salary dump or an underperforming vet. That's about it.

Guys Detroit could be looking at:
Niklas Grossman. Komisarek, Regehr,

Of that group, the only guy I see who really fits Detroit is Komisarek. But with his injury history...

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Absolutely. Hudler is a top-line scoring forward who is above average in his own end. He is beginning his prime, and should have some pretty strong years with Calgary.

BTW, Hudler has as many points as Filppula right now (seven), but Hudler has played six games to Filppula's 12 and Hudler, unlike Filppula, is the best player on his line.

Maybe you should be considering how much Filppula's worth.
What stats can you use to prove that Hudler is far better than Filppula in his own end?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I don't want this to come off as another "lolz kenn holand iz teh suc!!!!1!1" kind of post, but the fact remains; to make a real splash at the deadline would require him to ruffle a few feathers and actually, you know, trade a roster player, and I just don't think he's capable of that anymore. The man is the utter definition of complacency at this point.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

The only tradeable assets with value on this team are Kronwall, Zetterberg, and Datsuk. He's not moving any of those three, so what kind of splash are you thinking of? You can't upgrade the team by moving Franzen, Filppula, Howard, etc. because you won't get better players in return.

RedWingsNow*

What stats can you use to prove that Hudler is far better than Filppula in his own end?

Come on. Why ask?

Hudler, IMO, probably has better offensive instincts than any Red Wings forward.
But his physical abilities hold him back.. so much so that a guy like Flip, who doesn't have great instincts, is probably equal or even greater (though I truly don't think so), offensively.
But defensively there's no question Flip is better.

EUZ is ludicrous to make a big point about Hudler and Flip after 6-8 games, especially when we know Flip is hurt

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Come on. Why ask?

Hudler, IMO, probably has better offensive instincts than any Red Wings forward.
But his physical abilities hold him back.. so much so that a guy like Flip, who doesn't have great instincts, is probably equal or even greater (though I truly don't think so), offensively.
But defensively there's no question Flip is better.

EUZ is ludicrous to make a big point about Hudler and Flip after 6-8 games, especially when we know Flip is hurt
Sorry, I felt like baiting. You can't watch them both and unbiasly say Hudler is the better hockey player. I wouldn't mind Hudler on the team at all but to imply, as Eva did, that he is worth more than Filppula is a little off-base.

As for the Iginila thing; He's as good as a hockey player as the next but the Red Wings would most likely have to sacrifice too much of the future to get him. Pass. This team is at least a couple years away from another cup.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
True contender, loads of cap space, out of conference (wouldn't play Calgary at all this year), and in need of a winger to play alongside Crosby.

Just seems too perfect.

Boston Bruins. Much more complete team.

crashman

The posters on this message board are like an extension of the management of the Red Wings...always living in the past.

Hudler is gone. He was offered more money than Ken Holland felt he was worth, get over it!

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Trade Deadline: What could you guys offer for Grabovski, I know he played with Dats in the KHL, familiarity.

- The way we goin now I don't think we trade him though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I'm gonna get slammed for this, but I'd love to see what we can get for Filppula.

in a pcakage deal we could probbaly get a mike Green or Keith Yandle if they're in fact or were in fact available

replacing Filppula from within or via free agency would be a much simpler task then adding a young top pairing dman

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Like some have said, I'd rather us be sellers honestly. Either way I don't think our chances improve/are hurt by what we do. I'd rather us improve our future by having everyone available except Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Brunner, Helm, Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, and Howard. Yes, I know I named a lot of players.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
in a pcakage deal we could probbaly get a mike Green or Keith Yandle if they're in fact or were in fact available

replacing Filppula from within or via free agency would be a much simpler task then adding a young top pairing dman

Adding Yandle or Green doesn't really help us outside of helping the power play (which admittedly does need a lot of help). I'd much rather trade Filppula for a defensive defenseman if we're going to trade him.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Adding Yandle or Green doesn't really help us outside of helping the power play (which admittedly does need a lot of help). I'd much rather trade Filppula for a defensive defenseman if we're going to trade him.

no you're right but most defensive dman dont or arent top pairing guys, they are bottom pairing guys, role players almost to some extent, and these sorts of players though incredibly valuable are much easier to draft and/or acquire in free agency.

Our philisophy has always been about puck movement and puck possession and that all starts from the backend. Getting a guy like Yandle or Green would help so much in more ways then just the PP.

I think if KH was to ever make a big or somewhat big trade it would be for a top pairing offensive dman, young, who is also decent in his own zone.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
no you're right but most defensive dman dont or arent top pairing guys, they are bottom pairing guys, role players almost to some extent, and these sorts of players though incredibly valuable are much easier to draft and/or acquire in free agency.

Our philisophy has always been about puck movement and puck possession and that all starts from the backend. Getting a guy like Yandle or Green would help so much in more ways then just the PP.

I think if KH was to ever make a big or somewhat big trade it would be for a top pairing offensive dman, young, who is also decent in his own zone.

Fair enough. I just think with the amount of offensive defenseman we have right now, Smith in his first year, and Sproul coming in a couple of years, we should just wait it out for an offensive defenseman. This team has tons of holes but for the reasons I listed above I just think a defensive defenseman should be a much higher priority than an offensive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad