Rumor: Trade Deadline - What TWO Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
It has to be Saad going the other way right? Their winger depth is horrendous. Apart from Pastrnak and Marchand, their best winger is Debrusk. He has 18 points.

I would say so. Maybe Anisimov if they or other teams thought he was solid playing wing for us on Kane's line.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A few of our guys might fit a need for them. Has to be a reasonably big type of deal with Scotty flying to Boston to get an up close look at their guys.
Saad, Anisimov,Gus, Forsling maybe even potentially Keith.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It has to be Saad going the other way right? Their winger depth is horrendous. Apart from Pastrnak and Marchand, their best winger is Debrusk. He has 18 points.

Although maybe they’re looking at Gus. Their defense isn’t so hot either, although I’m not sure if Krug just makes him redundant.

This would make the most sense.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Could the Leafs move Nylander? Saad + Gus + prospect for Nylander? I could be way off who knows.
Post that on the Leafs site and run for cover LOL. They overvalue most of their players. You have an interesting proposal as Nylander isn't producing yet.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
A friend has a fixation on Colin Delia after two strong showings against the Avalanche. What is his future with the Hawks and what would his trade value be?
I thought the Russian goalie from KHL was coming after this season.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Gustafson: for the sucker who thinks all 40 point dmen are equal (he make Dennis wiseman look like hjallmerson out there) and gives up either a 1st or a good high floor prospect.

Anisimov: for anything really. He’s that bad.

Keith: because they likely can’t move Seabrook, thanks Mcdonough!

Ward, Kunitz, martinsen: just fire them into the sun for all I care.

Kruger: you might find a taker for a 4th or 5th.

Perlini and Forsling: ideally a cheap middle six center more likely, a slightly upgraded prospect

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
I thought the Russian goalie from KHL was coming after this season.
Francouz came over from the KHL and is playing in the AHL this season. He played in a couple of games when Grubauer was pulled and looked decent. Francouz is a UFA at the end of the season and he will likely be the Avalanche backup next season, but not sure if he is good enough to be a #1 goalie in the NHL.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Would love to see the Hawks get a guy like Miles Wood and stick him on a line with Cat and Strome. Nice balance, Wood goes to the crease, can skate and obviously has some moxy.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Boston doesn't have a ton of cap room here. THey might lose Chara to retirement next year which would free up $5 mil, but overall they are in a tight spot with McAvoy and a few others to resign next year.

I said if the Hawks and Bs dance, don't be surprised if we pry either Krug or Grzelcyk -both LDs and the Bruins are deep on defense, just have had a lot of injuries there this season. I could see either one being available for an upgrade at forward and Krug makes the most money of a likely tradeable player which would allow them to bring back something significant cap wise.

Whether it is Saad or Anisimov, I would focus on one of those two LDs or Heinen or Donato at forward..The B's have a lot of depth right now, players ready to make a jump up the ranks in the next two years which doesn't help the B's right now.

We will see what happens here but the Bruins definitely need some help at forward and we possibly could help with that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Moving Krug or Grzelcyk would make them weaker team. Especially Krug

They aren't going to trade for a F upgrade and downgrade at D and Krug offense is not replaceable for them at this point

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Moving Krug or Grzelcyk would make them weaker team. Especially Krug

They aren't going to trade for a F upgrade and downgrade at D and Krug offense is not replaceable for them at this point
they are deep at defense, literally have 7 dmen that are legit top 4-5 dmen..- they could afford to move one of those two to upgrade their offense - sure Krug is a loss but I included him to be moved so they could bring a decent cap hit back.. McAvoy, Chara, Miller, Moore and Carlo AS A TOP 5 then add 1 of the two I mentioned and they are still fine. Krug is big on the power play so it would take a lot to get him, but Grzelcyk would be the more realistic add we could get and would be a welcome add here.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Tough call on Saad.

InvisiSaad is not fun and he's had an underwhelming season again when you'd think he'd be hitting full stride. But, at the same time he's got a game where he can make & finish his own chances which adds major balance to any forward group going into the playoffs. Those games where it seems both teams are in extra tight lock down mode are the ones where a guy like Saad just waltzes through a Dman & puts it in the back of the net like it's no big deal.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I would be stunned if bowman moved saad for futures. Stan has the pressure to win next year imo.

Same with dunc.
Anyone with half a brain knows the Hawks won’t be winning next year. The defense most likely will not be fixed. If he does a good job this offseason and gets some good deals at the deadline then he’s in it for the long haul.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Anyone with half a brain knows the Hawks won’t be winning next year. The defense most likely will not be fixed. If he does a good job this offseason and gets some good deals at the deadline then he’s in it for the long haul.
if this team drafts in the top 2 and can find a way to get a Panarin or Stone they 100% are competing next year. take Ward out the equation and now go to battle with Crow and Delia as well and that alone has us 4-5 wins more than what we have right now on just the goalie tandem.,..add a top 2 pick and an all-star forward and yes, this team is a playoff team. I am still shocked that people think they are that far out - we see teams all the time rising from nowhere with less overall talent than what we have. we need goaltending to be solid and a better defensive system overall and legit 4th shutdown line but that all can be addressed with a full training camp, some solid kids like Barratt and Kurashev arriving, and a healthy Crow/Delia...

if this team doesn't get a Panarin or Stone i am still positive they will be right there for the playoffs...I know our team hasn't had a top 3 pick in a decade, but once you get that the transformation for your team is nearly overnight if other talent is there which it is here.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
The problem of the Hawks is the depth. Add Hughes/Kakko and Panarin/Stone and you are downgrading 2 players from the top 6 to the bottom 6 making the Hawks a much deeper team all of a sudden. In that scenario I am seeing them as a top 10 team in the league, able to make a decent push in the playoffs. And yes I know the D would still be shaky but not enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

Reactions: southernbeardown54

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
they are deep at defense, literally have 7 dmen that are legit top 4-5 dmen..- they could afford to move one of those two to upgrade their offense - sure Krug is a loss but I included him to be moved so they could bring a decent cap hit back.. McAvoy, Chara, Miller, Moore and Carlo AS A TOP 5 then add 1 of the two I mentioned and they are still fine. Krug is big on the power play so it would take a lot to get him, but Grzelcyk would be the more realistic add we could get and would be a welcome add here.

I like Grz, but we already have a bunch of undersized puckmovers/offensive D-men.
I'd prefer Lauzon+Heinen+pick (our team D would be so much better with these two)

Reactions: LDF

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
if this team drafts in the top 2 and can find a way to get a Panarin or Stone they 100% are competing next year. take Ward out the equation and now go to battle with Crow and Delia as well and that alone has us 4-5 wins more than what we have right now on just the goalie tandem.,..add a top 2 pick and an all-star forward and yes, this team is a playoff team. I am still shocked that people think they are that far out - we see teams all the time rising from nowhere with less overall talent than what we have. we need goaltending to be solid and a better defensive system overall and legit 4th shutdown line but that all can be addressed with a full training camp, some solid kids like Barratt and Kurashev arriving, and a healthy Crow/Delia...

if this team doesn't get a Panarin or Stone i am still positive they will be right there for the playoffs...I know our team hasn't had a top 3 pick in a decade, but once you get that the transformation for your team is nearly overnight if other talent is there which it is here.
I have no idea honestly if we have a better defensive system at this point then what we had with Q. We still bleed shot attempts like crazy, and high quality ones at that.

If Bowman does what you say in the offseason, and everything goes our way forward wise, we are still left with a porous defense. Keith and Seabrook are one more year older. Forsling has not shown any real growth. Gus can’t be relied on to shut anyone down. JC won’t stop dicking Joker around. We have one consistent pairing in Murphy and Dahl, but they’re your 3 and 4 guys on the best day.

We have a logjam of mediocre defensemen that need to be cleared if Mitchell and Boqvist surprise and make the team. If the Hawks go into next year with the exact same dcore, they are a wildcard team at best.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
B's can use a top 6 wing or 3rd line C. They can use either Saad or Anisimov

Kruger likely finds his way on a younger team like the Leafs for PO exp as a depth option at 4th Line C for a late rounder

With Kunitz maybe a team trying to get over the hump wants the exp of 4 Stanley Cups, I can see a team like Calgary finding value in this player. Another 12th/13th forward type who draws in here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad