Trade Deadline Thread

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
What a haul by Minnesota! I would have been happy with that as a return for AA lol

Never would have got that for AA, probably weren't even interested.
Pittsburgh basically used Galchenyuk as a cap dump, who's a pretty similar player to AA.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Never would have got that for AA, probably weren't even interested.
Pittsburgh basically used Galchenyuk as a cap dump, who's a pretty similar player to AA.

Chucky is a cap dump. But a first and Addison are great assets to have

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Zucker has term that AA doesn’t have. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the term can make a huge difference.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Chucky is a cap dump. But a first and Addison are great assets to have

Yeah, and that's why Pittsburgh would have had no interest in that same deal for AA. If they're willing to move a similar player too AA in Galchenyuk as cap dump, they aren't giving up a 1st+ top prospect for AA.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Zucker has term that AA doesn’t have. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the term can make a huge difference.
AA is team controlled for two more seasons and is one of the fastest players in the game. If he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised for him to be moved at the draft for a similar haul.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Not really. 4 years vs. 2 years.

But whatever, I wasn't expecting AA going to Pens at all, but they did set the market price very very well for us.

Some other team will pay the price.

Could see same kind of deal with Boston, where Backes is the cap dump. It was really nice that AA scored twice against them. :P

Reactions: DatsDeking

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I didn't like Nyquist trade last year, so I don't expect much more , I hope I am wrong

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I didn't like Nyquist trade last year, so I don't expect much more , I hope I am wrong

Nyquist was a rental. Pending UFA.

Now I've read from many sources that prices for rentals will be low. But player like Athanasiou, who has at least another year left, are much more valuable.

More valuable:
- Helm, 50% retention, 1.9M, 2 years left
- Glendening, 2 years left
- Athanasiou, RFA, another year left.

Less valuable
- Green, UFA
- Daley, UFA
- Howard, UFA
- Ericsson, UFA
- Biega, UFA

Espect the value be related with term. Especially big difference between 1 and 2 years.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Nyquist was a rental. Pending UFA.

Now I've read from many sources that prices for rentals will be low. But player like Athanasiou, who has at least another year left, are much more valuable.

More valuable:
- Helm, 50% retention, 1.9M, 2 years left
- Glendening, 2 years left
- Athanasiou, RFA, another year left.

Less valuable
- Green, UFA
- Daley, UFA
- Howard, UFA
- Ericsson, UFA
- Biega, UFA

Espect the value be related with term. Especially big difference between 1 and 2 years.
Are you sure about 1 more year for AA? I believe him Bert and Mantha next year are new contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad